My Dining Room
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I am a local living a few streets away and wondered why it was always quiet.. I was there on Friday night 8pm and the pubs and restaurants across the road were packed and bustling.

I had a voucher from a group buying website so I finally decided to try this place after it changed from being the "Farm " pub which I liked.

First, there is no service, I sat outside had to get my own menus and then go in and order.. as the venue had 4 tables occupied they were not exactly busy.
Unfortunately they think they are in France, service matters here and I paid £6 for basically someone bringing my food to me!
The choice was poor for vegetarians, I had a slice of pastry ( tarte) with chopped fired vegetables on top for £13. That was the only choice for vegetarians a la carte.

I would not return even though I like to support local.. poor service, lack of choice on the menus, no ambience. We left at 10pm and there were 4 tables occupied- I walked home a few streets away passing busy crowded bar and restaurants..
Good place for clandestine meetings as no one would spot you!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My Dining Room combines the best of English and French traditions, in a casual but elegant atmosphere. The food was amazing. The highlights were the roast chicken for two-- cooked very slowly for 8 hours until meltingly tender and moist, served with roast potatoes and vegetables--and the desserts, especially the honeycomb cheesecake. The two-course menu for 15 pounds must be one of London's greatest bargains. There is also a great wine list, with many unusual organic and biodynamic wines. The service is relaxed but gracious. I can't wait to go back for Sunday brunch--but that will have to wait until our next trip! If you are in London, GO--it's only a few minutes' walk from the Fulham Broadway tube station.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had a great meal with three friends on a Saturday evening. We could not understand why the restaurant was not full. The 'Daily Market Menu' is very well thought out and great value. Every dish was delicious especially the desserts! Staff were helpful and friendly.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

This backstreet restaurant/pub is unlikely to get much passing trade which is a pity - it deserves to be better known. We visited at around 2 pm to find only one other table occupied. We were well pleased with the French style food served by a friendly and efficient waiter and at a reasonable price.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Very enjoyable. Nice ambience, good menu and very friendly staff. Will definitely go back.