“Premier Inn Kensington (Olympia)”

Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel
Ranked #276 of 1,064 Hotels in London
“Premier Inn Kensington (Olympia)”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I travel to London on my own regularly and always try and stay around Kensington because of the convenient access to the district line, which is perfect if you are travelling into central London.
I have tried different hotels each time but now I have found this one this is where I will come back to.
Really friendly staff, good restaurant and food, and I felt safe in the hotel.
The hotel is a 5min walk to Earls Court tube station and very close to restaurants, coffee shops and local supermarkets.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed at the Premier Inn whilst attending a show at Olympia. Although the Hotel was generally good I had a very hard bed in my room, I could feel the springs through the mattress topper. I had a very restless night, the following morning I told reception about the uncomfortable bed and asked for another mattress topper. This was on the bed when I got back but it was only marginally better. I filled in a the review sent to me on-line. I wonder how you prove that you did not have a good nights sleep?? I was alone so no witness.

Room Tip: The room I was in was quiet just make sure you are not in room 215
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Staffs UK
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here for one night while attending an event at earls Court for work. The staff are super friendly without being over the top. We asked for our cases to be stored as we were too early to check in......I didn't like how they were just left in reception though, I think they should put them out of sight.
The room was fine, quite small but had everything I need for a one night business stay, nice big bed, full length mirror, tea and coffee, plenty of plug sockets hairdryer, flat screen TV with all freeview channels including radio stations. Shower was good and the bathroom was nice and bright. Breakfast was really good, for £8.95 you could have eggs cooked to order and as much as you could eat from the hot buffet which was all cooked perfectly.
While it is only a 5 min walk from Earls Court Tube to be honest it's not that convenient for Earls Court itself which was a good 15 min walk away so I would choose a hotel near West Brompton station next time I had to go to Earls Court for work but I would not hesitate to recommend it to people looking at staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Midlands, England
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had previously stayed at the Premier Inn, Knaresborough Place, Kensington but it was full and so I decided to try the one in Olympia for an overnight stay when visiting London to go to a show. The building was much more impressive than Knaresborough Place. The staff were really welcoming and friendly (when we returned the next day to collect our bags one member of staff remembered the show we had been going to). The room was large, with all the usual facilities, and the bathroom spotless but it seemed as if the room had perhaps recently needed a touch of decoration and there were paint marks on the curtains and scuff marks on the walls. The biggest surprise was that we had booked a twin room but we found that there was the normal double bed and that the sofa had been made up into the second bed. This made quite a discrepancy in the quality of beds and could possibly have been a problem for two business companions. I was lucky I was travelling with a relative of small stature who did not mind taking the smaller bed and said it was quite comfy. On querying this with the staff, thinking we had been booked as a parent and child perhaps, we were told that this hotel does not have twin rooms and so the second bed will always be the sofa bed. Something to bear in mind if booking for two adults. Apart from that service was excellent, breakfast very good as always, and location is excellent for the underground, just a few minutes walk away.

Room Tip: If wanting a twin room bear in mind, from what we were told, you will get one double bed and one sof...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014

this hotel is in a great location,round the corner you have the tube station,not far to walk for the museums,hotel rooms are lovely very comfy,we had a 3 course meal in the hotel that night,and it was a great bargain lovely food,breakfsat was a huge choice and help yourself to anything you want,deffo go again to this hotel,not many hotels after a long days walking site seeing you can relax and have a hot bath ,well here you can !!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on sightseeing trip. There was a building site right outside our room, and though we were offered an alternative, (below street level), we took our chance with the first one as it was unlikely that work would be going on early Saturday or Sunday morning. The hotel manager however, reimbursed one night's cost, (£129) which we thought quite generous. Unfortunately, there was an air con unit on the wall right outside our room which made the very old window vibrate ! This hotel really needs some modernisation, though as usual, the staff were very helpful and pleasant. My main disappointment though is the price of the food. As in other Premiers, the cost of an evening meal (3 course) is over £14, breakfast around £8.50 to £9! There is sometimes a "meal deal" for both at around £24. Whilst I thought breakfast was quite good, (though still costly), I thought the evening meal was well overpriced. The food was average at best, and just having a main course was no better value, though the prices do include a drink. I would really like to see Premier match their general good value in other areas, by lowering the food prices and /or just doing basics, fish and chips,chilli & rice,sausage and mash, burger and a beer etc. Apart from that, I still think Premier are great value, and have just booked a night, pre flight in Manchester next month !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Montpellier, France
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Premier Inn London Kensington - Olympia was an eye-opener. Modern furnishings, very comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, effective shower (difficult to find), attentive staff and a very good meals option including highly satisfactory breakfast - nothing to complain about.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business