Earlier this year we stayed in Premier Inn in Ears Court which is only a few minutes away from this one and loved the location and the hotel as well.
This Premier Inn is slightly different purely because it is located in an old terrace rather than purpose built modern building. I can't judge all the rooms but ours was a fair bit smaller than the one we had in Earls Court Premier and shower/bathroom facilities are a bit dated as well (not much of a water pressure when you have a shower, our room only had a shower cubicle as there wasn't enough room for a bath, etc).
Premier Inn staff is very friendly whichever hotel you choose and this one was not an exception. Very friendly greeting, always ready to help and very warm team makes the world of a difference!
The only thing we noticed that caused an issue on Saturday morning was the lack of staff in the hotel. The manager seemed to be running from reception to kitchen to restaurant, then back to reception. We stayed from Thursday until Sunday and the only morning that caused some annoyance was Saturday. We came for breakfast just before 10am and were told there is a bit of a wait. There were 12 people waiting in a queue to have breakfast and despite there being quite a few empty tables we were told the kitchen was too busy and we had to wait. So we waited and waited. And waited. 40 minutes or so later, we finally got seated.
I appreciate it can get busy at a restaurant, but I only expected it to happen if there were too many visitors and not because the kitchen was not coping! I mean they had to cook sausages, eggs and scrambled eggs and heat beans up.. Surely that can't cause 40 minute wait?
Other than that, we enjoyed our stay. And an added bonus, we found out that at the back of the hotel (literally, the tiny tucked away street behind the hotel) is the house where Freddie Mercury lived until his last days. So there you go! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal if you're heading to events at the Olympia London centre or exhibitions at Earl's Court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel London
- Comfort Inn Kensington
- London Premier Inn
- Comfort Inn London
- Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel England