Me and my partner went to London for the first time and did not know about this hotel. I gave him this trip in a birthday present.
When we first came to the hotel at the late evening, they told us to wait because they had a problem with the electricity in 15 rooms. We got free drinks in the bar and we thought fair enough, things could happen. But after 30 - 45 minutes, they told us that we couldn't get our room for the night. We had to wait to the next morning.
We where tired and the time was now after midnight. I asked the receptionist what he meant, did we have to sleep at the street or what? He told us that we could sleep in the lobby at the hotel. We refused to sleep in a lobby with 20 other people, so we asked for our money back and asked if they could help us to get another hotel. They told us we will get our money back. That's okay, but they did not help us with anything else. They gave us free internet to search for other hotels, but we had to call them ourselves with our cellphones. We did not know where to start, and did not know where the different places where or how to get around in London in the middle of the night. I asked for help, but the receptionists just ignored us. Then we were stuck in London with no place to sleep in the middle of the night. And they weren't helpful at all. NO service minded!!
I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. You can't trust that you'll even get a room for the night, even if you have paid for it!! They don't know what service means and they don't care about you as a guest or a person! One thing is crappy service and medium cleanliness, but if you even can't get your room that you paid for or help, than it's too bad! I have traveled a lot, but never met more un-professional staff in my life. Our vacation was already destroyed before we got there!! This is something we will remember for the rest of our lives!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Having been given the flourish of a light makeover to some of the areas within, an expansive white exterior openly greets the visitor to the 5-storey Euro Hotel Queens. Situated close-by to Crystal Palace Football Club ground at Selhurst Park and the original Crystal Palace - built for the Great Exhibition of 1854 and now the home of the renowned Crystal Palace Theme Park Maze - Euro Hotel Queens is perfectly placed as the starting point for exploring south London's rich history. A bright welcome at reception leads through to a spacious, pleasantly furnished bar lounge, where residents and guests can comfortably relax and enjoy the calm surroundings at any time, watch television or entertain friends. The Queens Bar has built an excellent reputation for their warm and friendly customer service which makes it the ideal spot to enjoy a pre or post dinner drink or light snack. This stylish 334 bedroom Victorian hotel offers a pleasant atmosphere and convenient facilities. Euro Queens Hotel has a range of attractive guest facilities, the hotel bar and lounge, an extensive Conference & Banqueting services -from wedding receptions to meeting rooms- as well as Executive bedrooms and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Euro Queens Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Hotel London
- Queens Hotel Crystal Palace
- Euro Queens Hotel London, England