“Nice hotel”

Ranked #927 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel had mixed reviews but I have to say it was fine . The rooms were clean the bedding spotless . Shower worked well. Two things I would have liked, a mattress protecter and a hair dryer it said they had them in the room on the website but maybe that was an error. Parking was 5 pounds a day so that's quite good for London . Quite a long journey into London though about 45 mins . Would stay there again it was n a nice area .

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Queens Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Pritam KOTIAN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
england
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The reception staff were lovely and friendly and that is the only positive thing I can say about this hotel.
The room was below basic, all the interior was old and in need of replacement, previous damage had been patched up. The shower pressure was that low it wasn't worth turning on, so had to use the bath. If you are packing a bit of weight make sure you bring your own towels, as the ones in the hotel are tiny.
The walls were so thin that you could hear everything in the next room. There were children running up and down the corridors at 10pm.
On the website it states:
The following are a selection of the fantastic in-room amenities that are available to guests at the Euro Queens Hotel -

Hair dryer
Trouser press
En-suite bathroom
Tea/Coffee making
Double Glazed Window

Hair dryer, trouser press, what a joke, neither of these were in the room.
There was no plug socket near the mirrors, so styling my hair proved a task.
I will definitely be paying a bit extra next time I visit London and get somewhere better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ppoze
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Queens Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Kind Regards
Pritam KOTIAN

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

When we first checked in we were given the key to a room not cleaned after previous guest, returned to reception and given another room. Room was basic but clean, small ensuite (okay for the price paid). Breakfast (£5 each) was very poor. Only one lift (not good for size of hotel),
Location was good (we were there for a football match).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Queens Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I am happy to see you like the rooms. We have now upgraded the Quality of our breakfast too. I really did not understand the review mentioned that we have 1 lift in the hotel, as we have2 lifts in the hotel.

if you wish to discuss this further i would be happy to assit. you can contact me on 02086536622 or pritam@eurohotelsgroup.co.uk.

Pritam KOTIAN
Kent
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My partner and I made a last minute booking to stay here as a cheap offer came up online. Having now stayed there I can assure people that it wasn't cheap enough!

On arrival, the stairs up to the main entrance are broken and I nearly tripped and broke my neck. Not a good start.

We walked into a clean entrance lobby that looked nice, but then had very poor service on check-in.

There was a sign behind the receptionist stating that it was visitors responsibility to get a parking permit. Cars without one would be clamped and it the hotel accept no costs associated with getting your car freed from a clamp. We therefore asked for aforementioned parking permit and were told they didn't do them anymore. I asked why the sign was there in that case and the man just shrugged at me and muttered something about it being important to have that sign there.... very odd.

We were then directed to our room and had to walk through filthy, worn out, and frankly a little smelly, corridors to get to our room.

Having been at work all day, followed by a long drive to this hotel, we had planned on a rest prior to going out that evening. Instead, as we really didn't want to spend any more time than was necessary in there, as soon as we got to our room, we dumped our bags and went out for the evening.

In fairness the bedroom was very clean and the ensuite was fantastic. Possibly recently renovated? However, trying to get the heating to work (without instructions) was nigh on impossible, the bed was rock hard with a spring or two possibly broken, and I'm certain I've seen rocks with more fluffiness than our pillows had.

Whilst the hallways were poorly maintained and grubby the room was clean and the shower was really refreshing. It was a shame we were provided with sandpaper to dry with.

This hotel was advertised as a bargain (just shy of £50 for the night), I think it is fair to say that this was very poor value.

We have stayed in many places a lot cheaper of a much higher quality.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else altogether!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Queens Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 02086536622 or pritam@eurohotelsgroup.co.uk.

Kind regards,
Essex
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I read all the reviews for this hotel and still booked it. Why, because I needed a cheap room over night to help with a house move. All these negative reviews are true and not exaggerated one bit. I often find that places with some negative reviews can be the victim of overly fussy clientele. Not in this case.
The approach to our room was littered with rubbish. A discarded pillow, pvc bags, a bowl and cutlery all on the floor. An ammonia type smell pervaded the whole area. The bed linen was clean but a smell came from the bedding due to the fact the duvet was so dirty. No mattress protector on the beds meant you could feel the buttons in the mattress. The only electrical outlet working in the room was the TV one. I realised this when my phone failed to charge. One towel was stained and only 1 milk was supplied to make tea between 2 people.

Bar area was very dirty. Dirty tablecloths left on the tables. Renovation work is going on but this does not excuse the cleanliness issues. Clean up, freshen up and people will forgive the odd thing not working in an old building undergoing refurbishment. Give people an uncaring, filthy service and they will not. I suggest they shut the place down for a few days and deep clean everything. Get rid of the putrid smells and filth everywhere. They should be ashamed to offer such rooms to people.

3 Thank Buzziewine
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Euro Queens Hotel . I am sad that you did not enjoy the stay and i have noted your comments . There are some comments which exaggerated which are not true. We are in constant process of upgrading and having continous renovation of the hotel. I would like to discuss this further please could you contact me on 02086536622 or on pritam@eurohotelsgroup.co.uk

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My sister and I spent 5 days in this hellhole only due to our budget! After we checked in, we had to WALK down three flights of stairs, with luggage and no help, to a room in what we called "the dungeon"! On the second night, our key card stopped working. They tried to reactivate it multiple times to no avail. WiFi service would not work that far downstairs. Could not get an outside phone line to make calls. Had to climb those stairs just to order a pizza! Could not use the prepaid phone card in our room or at the payphone because it didn't work either! On our last day, while getting ready for the trip home, I sat on the end of the bed. To my horror, the sheet came up and there were bed bugs!!! As soon as we arrived home, we had to immediately wash everything!! After 11 hours on a plane, I was expecting to be able to rest! Room 746 if anyone cares.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Lisa T

Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

a night at this hotel, will make you hate your stay in or near London, it was a shame...Crystal Palace is a nice place a train journey out of the city. First impresion on arival was WOW it looks good...then once we managed to book in ..late due to room not being ready...and no appoligie!!
Then to the room..down a coridoor, up some stairs, then down some stairs, then along a coridoor, yes this went on then down the last set of stairs to what can only be the dungeon..smelt damp, dirty ahhh thats our room, opene dthe door couldnt see out of the window becouse the window was so dirty, had a look around the room..towels had rips in them one was dirty..picked up phone to call desk and phone didnt work, but we thought do you know what its a bed for the night. So of into town we went,. good night out back to room, then what with people runing up and down the coridoor all night yes all night...then around 4.30 am..i awoke thinking was that the door closing..no must be imagining things head back under pillow to try to block the noise from peopel up and down the coridoor..then 07.20 i heard room door open again i jumped up and just saw a females arm quickly disapear out of the room, i quickly went to door and looked out no one to be seen, then we realised that the mobile phone we pluged in to charge before we went to bed the night before was not there!!! straight to reception who were no help just said " no one can get in room we only have 1 key" well some one did come in maybe twice!!! police were called much to the isgust of the reception staff!! Police of course could do nothing.
When i booked out i tried to get hold of manager, or some one in charge suddenly staff could not speak english!! so please just be carefull if you are staying at this hotel !!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank sirmark1956
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Queens Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014

Kind regards,