“UNHAPPY GUEST”
Review of Euro Queens Hotel

Euro Queens Hotel
Ranked #927 of 1,067 Hotels in London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bathgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This has to be the worst hotel i have ever stayed in, to say looks from the outside are deceiving is a major understatement.My room allocated was down in the dungeon if you pardon the pun. There was no clear indication on where my room was I spent 15min trying yo find it. the interior decor apart from the reception was very poor. My bed had dampness all over the base. My room had a broken kettle and I was given 1 sachet of milk & 1 sachet of coffee. I was booked in for two nights but got out the following morning. The breakfast was complimentary well if you like toast or cereal you would have been happy

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jasper1958_17
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Let us gloss over the 2 days without hot water,the plastic table covers and the peculiar scent which permeated the place-think of a Mr Sheen coated dog turd-and allow me to focus on the events of my final evening at the Auschwitz of Crystal Palace.I had been made aware of the hotel's curfew earlier in the week,when at random times guests become hostages and are denied the right to leave the hotel.The implementation of this policy reached its inevitable conclusion when an extremely drunk English nobhead objected to his incarceration at half past midnight and attempted to karate kick his way through the glass doors while viewed by 40-50 exchange students,who had spent most the week playing musical rooms and slamming doors.The security guards response was to increase the volume of his shouting.It was like the last days of the Roman Empire,full of carnage and excitable,jabbering Italians.Instead of just letting the drunken idiot out and barring him,the manager was more concerned with implementing his pisspoor,pointless policy.Yes the staff are helpful and the rooms comfortable enough,but going forward,judging by the deadbeats and dropouts who frequent the joint I think the place would be better served by turning into a bail hostel.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Ollyboro

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I arrived early and room was not ready but Goda politely explained that she could store my luggage unti the room was ready by 2pm.. I did not return until after 5pm but Gouda immideately recognized me and welcomed me back letting me know that the room was now ready. Check in was smooth...

The room on the other hand left a lot to be desired... I did not chose this hotel. I told my cousin that I was visiting London and he booked this hotel and paid for it on line. Room size was good and the room was fairly clean but that as about all... Even before getting to the room there was a funny smell in the hallways which carried into the room. Bathtub, sink and toilet were clean but around the room and bath room floors were not.. Furniture was run down. Outlets were shotty and some falling off the wall. Carpet was shabby... TV was flat screen but only 13-14". Small.

Location is not ideal for central London it is in zone 3/4 and will take you at least 20 to 30 mins to get to central London and all the attractions . Fortunately I know a little about how to ge around so I was able to get around with some guidance from strangers.

Now I never complain because I work in a hotel and know what to expect when you book a 1 or 2 star hotel. The noise from the street and from the unbelievable number of students did not bother me because I can sleep thru anything as long as I have the TV on, so it was out a this world to me when I returned to the hotel approximately midnight one night and tried to turn on the TV and there was no TV. I called the front desk who told me that it was down for the night and there was nothing he could do about it. The tech was called and should be her to fix it in the morning. I didn't complain any further because I knew it would not fix the TV... I decided to use my computer for entertainment but the wifi was so bad that it would kick me off literally every 2 minutes. Needless to say I did not sleep that night. One of The students had a birthday that night and I was still hearing "happy birthday" until 3 in the morning...

The next day I needed to do some work so I called and asked the desk if there was some place in the hotel that I would get better wifi reception... I was told that the reception/lobby area would be better but it was all the same that day... Something that would normally take me 20 to 30 minutes to do ended up taking me over 2 and a half hrs. Hhhmmmm...

Kiran and Monica at reception did all that they could to help but it was just not haplpening.

All in all the staff including Farook who helped me before I arrived because I missed my 1st flight so he pushed my prepaid reservation back one day for me, Kiran and Gouda who were very helpful with all their requests and Monica who was also very helpful with everything, were great but the place need a lot a TLC...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Room very hot, breakfast basic, but great location to reach London 2012 and cheap price. We were under no illusions that this would be 5 star. We got what we paid for and were satisfied. Would recommend this as a budget hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Don't even know where to start this review... Receptionist met us with an unhappy and annoyed look on her face, room was booked well in advanced and we found it in the basement! Along with some kind of reconstruction and all the noise and busy builders walking down the halls there was a noisy wedding one of the nights - drunk people running, having fights and loud conversations just outside our room. Food was terrible as well: very poor continental breakfast and lousy atmosphere... After all I'm not very picky client, but this one was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple