“3 star that does what it says on the tin”
Review of Hotel Westminster

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Westminster
Ranked #831 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Great location, friendly staff, nice breakfast, clean room..... I would definitely stay here again if I needed a base in the centre of London. It's a 3-star and once you bare that in mind you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CockleStrand

Reviewed August 27, 2008

The staff is terrible, the hotel manager is completely incapable of working with guests, seems like they have no idea what service means.

Never go this hotel, because the problem is with the managament, the boss, not the bartender or whosoever can be changed next week.

I think the black female manager (don't remember her name) ruined a lot of our London stay, i had to calm down my travel mates and overall we got in very bad mood because we chose this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2008

Hi,

I am from Holland

what a worse experience this hotel
*staff couldnt find booking
*staff was moody
*wanted room breakfast they asked me "cant u have breakfast in the restaurant" hello thats my decision
*toast burn

room was ok but staff terrible dont go to this hotel

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Concerned about visiting this hotel after reading your reviews but our experience was very positive. Staff on arrival friendly and helpful and continued this trend during our three nights stay. The room was large comfortable and spotlessly clean. This was the quietest hotel room I had ever stayed in even though it was full. Victoria station is very big and can cause confusion as to which exit to take for the quickest route to the hotel. Once we gained our bearings the hotel was excellently placed for access to all tourist attractions.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Good location, ok sized rooms (I stayed twice and once was quite small, next time was pretty big), good price, friendly staff. The hotel's a little run down but I quite liked it!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I stayed in a single room as a walk-in guest and received about 5% discount from the rack rate (for the last available room). The room was a decent size, and it had a nice view of the square across the road. The air conditioning unit worked really well. There was a kettle with tea and nescafe. These are the only real positives. Everything else was either average or below average.

In particular, as mentioned by others, sound travels from the other rooms. Also, the water pressure in the shower was minimal.

If you are stuck and want to avoid a B&B, then this might work for a short stay. Otherwise I would recommend looking around for something with better value-for-money.

Wireless Internet was available (approx 9 pounds for 24 hours' access).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I was booked into this hotel for a one night stay through my work. I read the reviews and arrived, slightly wary as to what I'd find. I've stayed in plenty of London hotels, and I have to say that as hotels go, this was OK. It's not great, but my stay wasn't bad either.

My taxi driver informed my that this is in Pimlico, not Westminster, but it's not far outside Westminster if that is the case.

The welcome was polite and prompt - better than I'm used too.

The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was light (outside windows for a change!) and also clean. They had those nasty sachets of shower gel etc, so I was glad I had my own.

Breakfast wasn't amazing, but it was cooked to order. They offer Fairtrade coffee, but that appears to be tokenistic. No Fairtrade tea, nor Fairtrade coffee in the rooms, and no other sign of a more ethical approach than anyone else.

Overall, a good night's sleep and acceptable breakfast. Value for money wasn't great, but this was the start of Wimbledon week, so you won't find vfm then anyway!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business