“Good value for money”

Ranked #820 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Blackpool
“Good value for money”
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Concerned about visiting this hotel after reading your reviews but our experience was very positive. Staff on arrival friendly and helpful and continued this trend during our three nights stay. The room was large comfortable and spotlessly clean. This was the quietest hotel room I had ever stayed in even though it was full. Victoria station is very big and can cause confusion as to which exit to take for the quickest route to the hotel. Once we gained our bearings the hotel was excellently placed for access to all tourist attractions.

• Liked — cleanliness quietness of room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Good location, ok sized rooms (I stayed twice and once was quite small, next time was pretty big), good price, friendly staff. The hotel's a little run down but I quite liked it!

• Liked — Not sure, it was just quite nice!
  • Disliked — Stained wallpaper - always worrying!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I stayed in a single room as a walk-in guest and received about 5% discount from the rack rate (for the last available room). The room was a decent size, and it had a nice view of the square across the road. The air conditioning unit worked really well. There was a kettle with tea and nescafe. These are the only real positives. Everything else was either average or below average.

In particular, as mentioned by others, sound travels from the other rooms. Also, the water pressure in the shower was minimal.

If you are stuck and want to avoid a B&B, then this might work for a short stay. Otherwise I would recommend looking around for something with better value-for-money.

Wireless Internet was available (approx 9 pounds for 24 hours' access).

• Liked — The view of the square.
  • Disliked — Thin walls and very weak water pressure.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I was booked into this hotel for a one night stay through my work. I read the reviews and arrived, slightly wary as to what I'd find. I've stayed in plenty of London hotels, and I have to say that as hotels go, this was OK. It's not great, but my stay wasn't bad either.

My taxi driver informed my that this is in Pimlico, not Westminster, but it's not far outside Westminster if that is the case.

The welcome was polite and prompt - better than I'm used too.

The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was light (outside windows for a change!) and also clean. They had those nasty sachets of shower gel etc, so I was glad I had my own.

Breakfast wasn't amazing, but it was cooked to order. They offer Fairtrade coffee, but that appears to be tokenistic. No Fairtrade tea, nor Fairtrade coffee in the rooms, and no other sign of a more ethical approach than anyone else.

Overall, a good night's sleep and acceptable breakfast. Value for money wasn't great, but this was the start of Wimbledon week, so you won't find vfm then anyway!

• Liked — The stay was better than some previous reviewers suggested
  • Disliked — NOt close to a Tube station - a problem if you have luggage!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank SR-SHZJ
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I stayed here for 1 night in June 2008, choosing a double room for single occupancy. The first room I was allocated seemed reasonable as I entered.

However, it soon became apparent that the walls on all sides were paper thin. Not only could I hear my neighbours televisions, but intimate details of the conversations they were having - they were only speaking at a normal level.

Fearing that I would get absolutely no sleep I wenty to the reception desk to ask to move rooms. They did move m,e, but to a single room that had many faults: The wardrobe hangers were falling off the rails, but more importantly the en-suite bathroom was so small that I had to sit side-on to the toilet as I could not sit in a normal position. I am not tall - 5ft 4 in tall!

Had it not been 11.30pm at this point I would have left to find somewhere more pleasant to stay. The service I received was definitely not worth the £120 per night my company paid.

Breakfast was pretty average for a 3-star hotel, nothing special. I won't ever return to this hell hole of a hotel!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — paper thin walls & very small room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Danny Boy 123
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Bog standard hotel in a central and good location. The staff are ok and quite friendly but the room was small and pretty dirty, the food bad and the beers pricey. If you are staying here though just walk out of the main doors turn right and keep walking around the corner for a number of good pubs and places to eat.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank rhyd78
MN
Reviewed May 30, 2008

A friendly warning to all you travelers out there!Do not stay at this hotel.For starters the pictures they put on the web do not at all look like the hotel room that you get.The hotel room did not look like anything the picture showed.The bed was very small for 2 people to sleep in,the blanket on the bed is enough for one person to cover up with.The bathroom shower flow is a drip,oh yeah no washcloth is provided at this hotel whatsoever.The staff are rude,asked them a question acted like i was a bother to them.On the day we checked out we looked at our bill there was a breakfast charge on there,we never had any breakfast.The staff looked at us like we were lying about the charge.Save your hard earned money and stay somewhere elseOne more thing the cleaning people go around and knock on the door to see if they can clean the room at 7am in the morning.I am not a very picky person but i will say this this hotel needs a good shakedown on the way it treats travelers.It is sad that a hotel in this primelocation of Victoria station is such a unprofessional hotel.P.S.This hotel should not even say the word Quality,just wanna let ya all know down the street theres a comfort inn on the corner across from Georges .pub may wanna book your room there.Thanks for listening to my input on this dump.

• Liked — It was close to Victoria Station
  • Disliked — all of it i disliked
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple