“Comfy and full of amenities!”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #60 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 24, 2009

I stayed at base2stay for five days at the end of a long stay in England. They were wonderful from the moment I arrived. My room was super comfortable, the kitchenette was stylish and well-appointed, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. There were three supermarkets within a two block radius, so I could stock up my fridge and make lovely meals. But there were also tons of pubs and restaurants in the area if I wanted a night out. It's within walking distance to the V&A and the British Museum and the Museum of Natural History, close to a great gym, and a block from the Tube. And did I mention the post office on the corner? I love this place and its staff!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
6  Thank Anisoj
Write a ReviewReviews (3,881)

Reviewed April 22, 2009

We loved this place. My boyfriend, 15-year-old son, and I (middle-aged babe!) were in a lower-floor room with a king bed and a single. Everything had a kind of cheerful, efficient, fresh white feel about it. The beds were very comfy (well, there was a crack in the middle of our king, but honestly it wasn't uncomfortable) and we had a little kitchenette and a FANTASTIC shower. The location (Earls Court tube station) couldn't have been more convenient and there's a lovely park and neighborhood surrounding the hotel. It's not a chic neighborhood but it feels as if real people live there, diverse, busy, working people. There are no frills to this hotel - no coffee or breakfast in the morning, no tea in the afternoon, no sherry at evening - but it doesn't matter. The most outstanding aspect of the hotel was the staff. The people at the front desk couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, going out of their way to secure us tickets to a Chelsea game, to print out boarding passes, to be genuinely (I think) cheerful if we had a question or need. We really really liked them and all decided we would stay in exactly the same place next time. Although our room was on the lower floor, looking out at an alley, it wasn't unpleasant. I imagine there are wonderful rooms to be had on upper floors. Since you won't trust my review unless I think of a few negatives.....I wish there had been separate overhead reading lights for each bed, so we didn't have to have the entire room ablaze for my son to stay up studying. And, the doors between hallways shut noisily because of the mechanism making the halls fire-safe. But they slam occasionally. But all in all, these were minor infractions that I had to wrack my brain to come up with. Excellent hotel, good rate, I believe, for central London.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
8  Thank Megan M
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I loved Base2Stay. From the moment I checked in until I picked up my bags to leave I was provided with excellent service from the outstanding staff at this hotel. They are happy to provide helpful information on how to get around London and other tips to make my stay at their hotel more pleasant. I even saw a staff member run a block from the hotel to catch up with two guests because he'd heard from another staff member that they were looking for a church to attend Sunday mass. Talk about going above and beyond! HUGE bonus points to the staff for allowing me to print my boarding pass at the reception desk. It's certainly the little things that make a big difference. The hotel is well-situated about a two minute walk to the Earl's Court tube and a five minute walk to Gloucester Road tube. I was able to easily navigate my way to the places I needed to go from these tube stations. The rooms were exactly as pictured on the website. I was in a single room. It was smallish but so well designed that you don't feel like you're in a small room. My luggage stowed easily under the bed. There was a desk, closet and completely outfitted kitchenette. Housekeeping even does your dishes for you each day. There are many stores nearby where you can get food items to prepare in the kitchen which helps save money in such an expensive city. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. The bathrooms were large for what I would've expected for a single small room. I thought the push-button shower was very cool and really appreciated the towel warmer. Speaking of towels...what a relief to finally stay in a hotel that provides adult-sized towels. The bath sheet sized towels were a nice touch of luxury in what some would call a budget hotel. The hotel provides free wireless internet that was very reliable during my stay. There's a flat screen on the wall where you can also use internet if you didn't bring a laptop and you can get movies for 2p. I would've liked to have been able to adjust the positioning of the TV but, hey, that's my only complaint about the room. I really loved this little hotel. Kudos to the management and staff for providing such excellent service!

Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
7  Thank jgpatlantatraveler
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I would like to keep it a secret, in fear that it may become too popular and create a different hotel (although, if they stick true to their philosophy, it will remain the same)...which is WONDERFUL!!!!

The location is perfect for anyone loving the central city of London....and extremely perfect for the first time visitor. The convenience to Earl's Court tube as well as the local pubs, cafes, shops, and wonderful "community feeling" of the area could not be beat.

The hotel will NOT disappoint you...the rooms are true to the web site...the mini kitchen is perfect and very handy....the beds very comfortable...the bathrooms modern and the showers are like a massage.

We took out three different rooms for the group who traveled with us. ....Standand double, a Double/King, and a Deluxe (a dream come true for four people).

The staff was helpful and fun...we hope to return to London in the near future and will stay no place else but base2stay!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
7  Thank twinkMichigan
Reviewed April 13, 2009

My oldest daughter and I used base2stay as our base while visiting my youngest daughter who is studying abroad in London for the semester. We stayed in one of the hotel's bunk bed rooms and found it to be very comfortable. It was so nice to have a refrigerator in our room and there are plenty of places close buy to buy things to stock it with. The location is so convenient to walking to many nearby attractions and restaurants and there are many tube stops close by too. The reception staff was very helpful and allowed us to store our luggage after we checked out so we could do some more sightseeing before catching the tube to the airport. All in all a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2009
7  Thank vatraveller58
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Place was perfect for my needs. Pictures posted here by other travels portray the rooms accurately. I had no surprises. I could've stayed in a hostel or lower end B&B and dealt with the small inconveniences for a lower price -- but I didn't have to. I'm a bit older now with some money and willing to spend it for the guarantee of privacy, my own toilet, hot water. Small single room. Clean, modern and tasteful. Stocked the fridge with fruit cups and yogurt from the nearby Marks & Spencer for breakfast. Drank the provided tea and coffee in the neat little kitchenette. Then left for the whole day to sightsee and have fun. Came back at night. Watched the tele. Showered. Slept. I did miss after a few days encountering new people at breakfast like you would at other places.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
7  Thank marcges
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We stopped in to Portsmouth for a liberty port with the US Navy and wanted to see London on a short schedule and tight budget. Base2Stay proved to fit the bill quite well. We were able to get a room for three of us for a little over $100 USD each.

The location was a little off the beaten path in the middle of a residential area so it was quiet and not overrun by tourists. The good news was that it was within a couple of blocks of a tube station which carried us pretty much anywhere we needed to go with an all day pass.

After seeing some of the hotels friends were staying in for twice the price in downtown London, we definitely realized we got a great deal on a relatively well appointed room! We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends