“Wonderful Place”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #60 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is really a wonderful place to stay. Very easy location to travel about London. Safe, much within walking distance and the property itself is clean and nice. The rooms are are a bit small for American tastes but we managed just fine as we spent limited time in the room. The staff is what really stands out to us, though. To a person they were friendly, courteous, helpful, and more than willing to answer any questions or requests we had. Well done!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

My team joins me in thanking you, mcapuzzi62, for your review, as they all read these reviews avidly, and reviews like yours encourage them to try their best to please all our guests.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,896)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in the Nadler Kensington, and couldn't have asked for a more comfortable hotel. Jet-lagged upon arrival, we were pleased with the very friendly staff and the helpful book of restaurant menus available at the front desk. The room was comfortable, very clean, and safe, and the little kitchenette was a delight. The hotel location is just blocks away from the Earl's Court underground station, and perfect for exploring the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We recently took our 13 yr old grandson to London as a Bar Mitzvah gift and the Nadler was great. Although the room was small it was carefully planned. Suitcases fitted under the bed and the fridge, microwave,sink and were tucked away in a closet. We especially liked the nespresso coffee machine. The staff was very helpful and pleasant.
Furnishings were new and comfortable. The area was very handy to restaurants food shopping and tube station. All in all we were very pleased.

Room Tip: Rooms are small so request a larger one if you have the choice
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hello judy s, if we can help make a trip with a 13 year old grandson a success, then we have done our job! Thank you for choosing us and please come back for his 18th birthday (or hopefully before then!).

Reviewed June 29, 2013

After reading many positive TA reviews, we stayed here for a week in mid March when it was called Base2stay Kensington. Location is just round the corner from the Earls Court Tube Station and the variety of stores & restaurants nearby were most convenient. We loved the mews-styled building and even the "going downstairs then going a few steps upstairs" to our Lower Ground Superior Room was rather fun! Reception staff helped us with our luggage initially at our arrival into the lift and those few steps up to a half level, so it wasn't a problem.
Our room was newly renovated and was very spacious and clean. We even had a small private courtyard with a table and chairs to ourselves. Good-sized wardrobe with shelves and a safe. We loved the empty fridge which we could stock up with breakfast goods from "Marks and Spencer Food" just on the main road near the Tube Station (there is another supermarket just a little bit further up past the Station as well). The kitchenette complete with microwave and crockery was the deciding factor in us choosing this hotel. Our boiling kettle did not work and was replaced immediately. Great Service throughout our stay and reception staff gave us discount vouchers for nearby restaurants which we tried out. Most pub food was pricey and unmemorable but one Italian restaurant worth mentioning is "Strada" which serves simple but delicious food with friendly service. Their Tiramisu was just divine!!
Our big bathroom had heated towel rails which kept the towels warm and dry. Only one minor gripe is that there was no desk lamp at the desk which was inconvenient when one person wants to sleep and the other wants to stay up to do some paperwork at the desk. There is only one main light in the room so my husband had to sleep with a pillow over his head to block the light. We mentioned that to management before we left and they were happy to look into it in the future.
We had a wonderful stay and would definitely return to this hotel if we ever visit London again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Armchairtraveller168
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Hello Airmchairtraveller168, thank you for your thorough review. We are delighted to read that so many features of our hotel and concept worked for you as we intend and would like them to. Your point about desk lamps is noted. They will be part of the additional phase of elements we are adding as the final touch to the upgrade, which includes new art, throws and cushions. There will be other additions, but the best way to learn what guests want is to get feedback like this, so thank you.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Sophisticated staff, average room. This was not a bad place to stay in the Earl's Court area, which is very safe and calm, as far a neighborhoods go. The staff was very nice and professionall. The room was small, but clean. The internet in our room (basement) was not really functional, and when I mentioned this to the staff they said, "We are aware of the problem," which didn't really help much. But, I can not say that this is a bad place. I would recommend to others who are looking for a moderately priced hotel in a safe part of London.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello JKenney, thanks for your review. On the day you were a guest with us, the internet access code was changed from base2stay to The Nadler, following the rebranding, and the upgrading of our internet to a 40mef fibre connection.You should have been advised, as the downtime was relatively limited and I apologise if there was a lapse in communication.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I found this hotel several years ago and as a senior citizen and solo traveller was looking for somewhere to stay in London where I would feel safe on my own. I have just returned from my 11th visit and have never been disappointed. The staff are all friendly, helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. The hotel is in a nice area and has recently been refurbished to a high standard (it was actually fine before this!) The rooms are bright, clean, the beds very comfortable and lovely large shower room. A big plus for me is the mini kitchen in the room which includes a microwave, fridge, sink, crockery and cutlery and you can eat in whenever you wish. Short walk to Earls Court Station and Gloucester Road Station, many restaurants in the area and about a mile from the Royal Albert Hall (usually the reason for my visits as I enjoy the concerts and shows) A very nice area to stay and would highly recommend this hotel. I have already booked my 12th visit in September!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Audrey H

Dear Audrey H, the best endorsement any hotel can have is a regular guest like you who is still happy to return after 11 stays! A huge thank you for your support and we look forward to your next return visit in September.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. Lovely modern hotel, very clean, friendly and helpful staff and great location (less than 5 mins walk to Earl's court tube station).
On my last day I still had quite a bit to do and did not want to lug my suitcase around. I enquired at reception if I could leave my suitcase after I checked out and they were more than happy to help. My box was tagged and placed in their storeroom and I went on my merry way. Would definitely stay there again. The only con is that the single room is quite small but they do not hide that fact- it is just the way it it on the website.
All in all I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Hello Rosemary A, thanks for your review. Thank you also for making the point that whilst our single rooms are small (they are singles after all!), they are no different than what we explain on the website. Please ask for a showround when you next stay and see if you would be more comfortable in a larger room. I travel quite a lot, and when on my own, I actually prefer the cosiness of a single room when, like ours, they are well laid out.