“just one night”

GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“just one night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

my friend and I stayed just one night last weekend, we arrived very late at the hotel after a full day sightseeing. We were made to feel very welcome and special. Room was very clean and very comfortable. The breakfast pack was such a lovely surprise and the orange juice was freshly squeezed - this little detail made all the difference to me! I am determined to return and am spreading the word.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We had stayed here 3 years ago. I booked a double room which was smaller than the room we had 3 years ago. It was a tight squeeze with out two suitcases. It would have been nice to have a luggage tray in the room...instead we used the chairs...overall the room was quite small. The tv is a flat screen on the wall and I loved the free WIFI? We were greeted at the front desk by professional staff. The hotel and rooms are very clean....good bed and pillows. We got coupons from the front desk for local restaurants and as before lots of recommendations and directions. As other reviews have said this is close to the tube, in a safe area with good choices for eating out. Also the small kitchen is a nice bonus. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveller666
Leonardogub, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear traveller666, thanks for your nice feedback and for staying with us for the second time. Sorry to hear that the luggage rack that is supposed to be in each room was missing. If you let us know your room number, we will make sure there is one there for future guests. I am very happy to see that you have enjoyed the local area and took advantage of our front desk team’s suggestions and our exclusive restaurant coupons. We hope to see you again soon in London.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in April 2013 - I usually stay at another hotel in the area but it was unavailable. I found Base2stay excellent - I especially liked the fact that they provide a mini kitchen in each room - very handy for breakfast in the morning - fridge, microwave and all the cutlery, glasses etc. you need. Located only 2 to 3 mins from Earls Court tube station so very handy for Heathrow and for getting into the centre of London on the Piccadilly line. I stayed in a bijou single room and while it was small it had everything I needed - no bath but a very large shower. Also internet available on the TV. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Colette62
north-west
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Recommended by a friend. Great deal on a Sunday night. Super room. Small, but more more than adequate. Cleanest place i have seen in a while. Very handy for transport. Great shower & very friendly staff. A really nice find for first, and not last time. Thank you

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank fudfriend
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Fantastic! The concept is brilliant, staff extremely helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable. Easy walk to shops and tube and the area itself was wonderful. Had an absolute ball and our only regret was not booking for a longer stay. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave B
Wow! Thanks for the flattering review. We are extremely happy that you had a great stay with us and that you have enjoyed this beautiful part of Kensington. We look forward to hosting you here again, maybe for a longer stay :)!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I give five stars when I not only would return to a hotel, I'd LOVE to return. I have to say, I truly enjoyed staying at Base2Stay. Even though I chose the smallest room, I had more than I have at most hotels. A comfy bed with my choice of pillows, a truly great bathroom with a very nice shower, a magnifying mirror and place to put my stuff, a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave. And all so exquisitely clean! I felt I could live here for a while happily. The staff at the front desk could not be nicer. I had an issue with my internet. They got it fixed and left me a bellini and cupcakes as an apology. What more could you ask? And the neighborhood is SO convenient to everything. The Tube stop is one block away and well-connected. There's also a Marks & Spencer Food Shop a block away to stock your mini-fridge. I highly recommend this hotel and hope to see it again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lilybeach
Thank you Lily, your comments made us very happy. It’s so energising for our team to see that the effort that they put in really pays off. Thanks for also articulating so well the nature of our concept, which is all about giving flexibility and comfort to all our customers, while working closely with the local community. We really hope to see you again soon.
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

After being unable to find anything under £350 near my office (was my fault, waited too late to book a room in London), finally found this place on the internet. It was such a wonderful, pleasant find! Great value for money in London, where paying extra £££ doesn't always mean better quality. This place was well worth it, beautiful, chic, modern decor. I had a single room, so very compact, but they managed to squeeze in a kitchenette which was perfect for breakfast. The bathroom was wonderful, large shower, very comfortable. The staff at reception was so friendly and nice upon arrival that I quickly forgot my bad mood after a long day of business meetings. They have vouchers for 20% at local restaurants which I used, very much appreciated. No breakfast, but they offer an in-room delivery option for continental breakfast. It was too late for me to order, but there's a M&S food nearby and with the kitchenette in the room, it was a perfect solution. I would definitely stay here again, totally worth it. Great place, keep up the friendly service!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business