I stayed here in a standard double room early February. The room was clean, comfy, warm and adequate for a short break. The kitchenette is not the sort of area you can comfortably cook/prepare food in - it is bascially a few pieces of cutlery a sink, a microwave and a fridge in a wardrobe, so barely more than you would normally get in a hotel room. The breakfast was delivered to us daily and it was nice and simple, but we had to eat it on the bed as there was nowhere else to eat - the standard double room really is very small.
The staff were mainly really lovely and helpful, the premises were clean and the location really was perfect as most of our plans for the week-end were only a few stops away and we were flying into Gatwick which made this a really easy trip - it was just a 5 min walk to the tube.
Also, we were on the lower ground floor and we could hear really heavy footfall upstairs from about 7 in the morning which meant sleeping in was difficult. Otherwise it was actually quite quiet and private.
If I were staying longer I really would need a bigger and better room (and this hotel does have them - but at a sizeable supplement) - but at the price we paid and for the location; I'd go back for a short trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original base2stay hotel, now called The Nadler Kensington is an exciting hotel concept in London, located in a fabulous location next to a quiet Kensington Garden Square. This original townhouse and mews has been interior designed to provide all guest rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, HDTVs with 6,000 track music library, internet and games, mini-kitchen, 24-hr Reception & Concierge Service, daily maid service and oversized power showers or baths. The Nadler Kensington has excellent transport connections and is in close walking distance of Earl's Court tube station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Nadler Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base2stay Kensington London
- Base2stay Kensington Hotel London
- Base 2 Stay
- The Nadler Kensington London, England