“Fantastic Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Northborough, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Would highly recommend. Three things that is a "must" for me is cleanliness, friendly helpful staff, and good location. This hotel met, if not exceeded, my expectations. The room was more spacious than most hotels in London and impeccably clean. And the bed was very comfortable. The location was perfect for both walking and traveling by tube. But I was most impressed with the staff. Base2Stay helped make our visit a memorable one. Will certainly recommend to friends traveling to London.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor. Quiet and roomy.
4 Thank motags
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thanks for your lovely review. Your three ‘musts’ are on our list of ‘musts’ too! I’m really pleased that we were able to facilitate and accommodate your stay in the best way possible. We are very appreciative of your recommendations and can’t wait to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Majestic Great Plains
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The owners of this property did a phenomenal job of maximizing a very small amount of room space. I echo everything previous reviewers have said about room condition and decor being fantastic. The bathroom was more spacious than expected and the shower got hot quickly and stayed that way. The location very close to Earl's Court Tube was very nice. Staff were very professional and accommodating. I saw work crews still renovating parts of the lobby during the day, so I expect this property to be a work in progress. I can unconditionally recommend this hotel as a great option for Central London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank 285Hryvnia
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hi, thank you so much for this great review. We strive to ensure that the condition of our hotel is always maintained to look its very best. We also try to make the most out of the classic features and space of the building; I hope our new reception is a testament to this. This refurbishment is now complete and we hope you that when you come stay with us again, you can enjoy this lovely new space, photographs of which are now on our website.
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Normally, I would stay in a hotel but I decided to try a serviced apartment. I stayed in room 116 and first impressions were that it was very small but it did have modern fittings and a comfortable bed. It was quiet as it was at the end of the corridor, which was a blessing. Checking in and out was efficient and friendly. I did have trouble with the TV and someone came at once to sort it out but it was a general fault with the "system" and was sorted the next day. It was very clean and the whole building looked well cared for. The view from the window was, "uninspiring" but I have paid twice the amount for a London Hotel room and have a "kitchen view or blank dirty wall"
The surrounding area was nice and quiet and many pubs, resteraunts and shops within a short walk. Earls Court station is 5 mins walk away. The in room "service guide" was the best I have ever seen with lots of information. So all in all, I can see other reviews complaining about the size of the rooms and that is probably an honest complaint but don't compare 5 star hotels or any American hotel with this apartment as you will obviously be disapointed. All the staff were very attentive and friendly. I would stay again. Once again, I have paid a lot lot more for a hotel room that claims air conditioning but rarely works well. My room had an excellent system.

Room Tip: I think my room was a "double" but I would class it as a "single" with a double...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review base2stay, where your comments are very much appreciated. We actually describe ourselves and are classified as a hotel, although we believe our unique concept combines some of the best features of both. I’m pleased to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and assisted you when you required their help. We have a variety of room types and sizes with views that range from the gardens of neighbouring properties or the adjoining square to some with their own patios. I hope that on your next visit we can offer you a room with our best views!
Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a super Hotel if you want to spend a few days in London. The room, G12, was compact with a good size bathroom. Furniture is modern and clean. Everything works well and the bonus is a closed-in alcove containing everything you need to 'eat in', including microwave, sink, fridge, cups and plates, cutlery and even a corkscrew. We didn't buy continental breakfast (£7), but chose to find a cafe in the neighbourhood. The reception area has been recently refurbished and looks and feels good. Staff on reception were friendly and professional. Located within five minute walk of Earl's Court tube station, the hotel is great for heading into Central London, or visiting nearby Museums in South Kensington. We stayed for one night on 14 November and were very impressed with 'base2stay' and pleased with our experience. Would certainly return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We have a simple philosophy – if the guest is happy, then we’re happy! I hope on your next visit, you leave feeling even happier than before!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Loved this hotel - the staff were lovely and very helpful. The decor of the hotel/rooms was great - it's renovated so all new and modern, but still has a lovely warm feel. Very high standard of cleanliness, and good services - although the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, there is a range of restaurants in the area that deliver to the hotel, so a quiet night in with "room service" is still possible if you're feeling weary. It is great having the little kitchenette in the room, to make your own breakfast, and tea and coffee whenever you feel like it.

The location is great - South Kensington is beautiful, and the nearest tube station (Earls Court) is only a couple of minutes walk away. There are restaurants on Earls Court Road for eating out, and High Street Kensington is only about a 10 minute walk if you want to do some nice clothes shopping.

Earls Court station is on 2 different tube lines, and a 5 minute walk away there is Gloucester Rd station which is on 3 lines, so you can get around most of central London very easily from this spot.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Lauren D
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

An alternative for people like me that sees hotels as a place to sleep, take a long & warm shower and get in and out very fast.

If you like hotels with big lobby, bell boy, fancy room service and spacious rooms this is not an option because the room are not big like Hyatt or Hilton.

My room was quite simmilar to a room in Tokyo (capsule hotel) but way better. It hasnt more than 4x4 mts but very smart designed. It had a small kitchenette with fridge and sink as well as free cable TV and Internet.

If you are lucky and have the opportunity to have Wigas on duty at the front desk ask him for his advice about everything you are planning to do because he knows about discounts and better options which will help you to save money. With his help i got discounts at restaurants, transportation services, city tours, etc.

The hotel location is perfect because you are far away from the busy city of London but in the grand London area. Earl court underground station is one block away from the hotel and there is an easy access to the local transportation system (BUS)

The rooms are very well isolated from the external noise (street) and my neighbords behaved very well so my nights were quite and relaxing.

There is a Pub one block away and just across the underground station that sells one of the best fish and chips in the area.

I recommend this place as an option for travelers that are not looking to spend so much time at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank nportillo
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. One of our key aims is to create the perfect base to eat, sleep, work and play in London (and in Liverpool). I am delighted that what you describe encapsulates this ideal perfectly – thank you! I’m glad that our hotel (and Wiqas!) provided you with the all the services, facilities and features to make the most of your trip in London.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had a great stay at base2stay Kensington when we stayed for our honeymoon and first trip to Europe. The hotel is very close to an underground station, which is easy to use to get around the city and is included in the London pass if you are using that. The area is very lively and much closer to the city center than I expected. In room wifi worked great and the room was comfortable with good services. Not a very large room, but it was very functional for the 2 of us.