Base 2 Stay, an award winning hotel, is situated on a quiet street in the Earls Court area, offering the ideal location to recharge your batteries from the demands of busy city life. Apartment hotels are a great concept that offer you the conveniences of the services of hotels, yet facilities of an apartment. I stayed in the deluxe room, a very spacious room with a fabulous view, which just aided my relaxation. I opened the mini kitchen area to find a microwave, a fridge, crockery, cutlery, a coffee machine, and a kettle, all of which neatly closes away to look like a wardrobe. The plush king sized bed beckoned me at night fall and did not disappoint, as my tendencies for managing to comfortably retire to sleep are akin to the fairy tale of ‘The Princess and The Pea’, for those not familiar with this story, the poor princess was able to feel a pea even through a mountain of mattresses. Although peas are not the issue for myself, I certainly have strict preferences for a firm mattress with luxurious softness at the top. The design of the rooms is modern and comfortable, offering affordable luxury. Free Wi-Fi is a wonderful addition to each room, and much easier to use than the internet TV, of which the challenge of using the mouse – which was actually a remote control, was a little too much after a day of heavy rain and travelling all over London.
The highlights were having kitchen equipment without having to dial room service, and incur strange looks for requesting items, therefore adding to the feeling of self-sufficiency. One could purchase some groceries in a nearby store, and eat in the room. There is a large sized coffee table and a very comfortable sofa bed that ensured a pleasant in-room breakfast experience.
The rooms are priced for those seeking a four star luxurious experience; yet do not want to pay for facilities they will not use, such as a gym. There is no compromise on in-room facilities such as HDTV, workspace, and concierge – who are ready to assist you with maps and much more. The air conditioning is highly responsive, which must be the first of such experience worldwide for myself: - I simply did not know air conditioning could work so perfectly to provide comfort without desiring to open every window in my room. I am sure this is an additional reason I slept so soundly on my plush king sized bed. There is even a pillow menu available, for those who are very select in their choice of pillows; however, I was extremely comfortable with the pillows provided. Alongside the perfectly functioning air conditioning, you will find powerful hairdryers that are good as those you have at home (which is quite a statement as I have a high powered salon hairdryer), and I found my hair was dry in record timing. You will find lovely plush towels in the bathrooms, alongside Keiji aromatherapy toiletries created using Eucalyptus oils.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original base2stay hotel, now called The Nadler Kensington is an exciting hotel concept in London, located in a fabulous location next to a quiet Kensington Garden Square. This original townhouse and mews has been interior designed to provide all guest rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, HDTVs with 6,000 track music library, internet and games, mini-kitchen, 24-hr Reception & Concierge Service, daily maid service and oversized power showers or baths. The Nadler Kensington has excellent transport connections and is in close walking distance of Earl's Court tube station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Nadler Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base2stay Kensington London
- Base2stay Kensington Hotel London
- Base 2 Stay
- The Nadler Kensington London, England