The Nadler Kensington
$211
Trip.com
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$173
$554
$409
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$154
$139
$274
$221
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
$252
$227
Hotel 41(London)
$1,049
  • Room Service
$400
$371
3,945 results
All reviewsmini kitchenearl's court tube stationsmall kitchenettepiccadilly linemarks and spencerheated towel racksingle roomnespresso machinefree wifiminute walkquiet neighborhoodheathrow airportsuperior roomwould definitely stay here againgreat showerboutique hotelpubs and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for four nights last week (November 2011). Though somewhat small, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location is very convenient being only a block from the tube station. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be accommodating and helpful. Would stay there again.

2  Thank Bob646
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We spent three nights here in November (Go Bears!) and it was exactly what we were looking for. The location was great - a quite street but very close to the tube, lots of bars, restaurants, and shops near by. The staff was friendly, and the rooms were clean and modern. I loved having a mini-kitchen for breakfasty stuff and night caps. They even did our dishes each day which I was not expecting. My only complaint was our shower didn't have a curtain which made for a wet floor however they have towels so it's not the end of the world. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

1  Thank TinyDundee
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Enjoyed the hotel. Facilities are all you need and liked the wee kitchen. Great location for the museums. Really good money off vouchers for local eateries. Gourmet burger great for tea and Balans fab for breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Anna C
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed 6 nights in base2stay Kensington (3 nights + 3 nights), and I booked the standard double room. In the 1st 3 nights we are assigned on floor 5. When we got into the room, it looks very small in fact. The bed can only be accessed from one side, which matches the description on "Bijou double" on the webpage. However, staff claimed that there are different lay out in the room -- Although I m not satisfy with the answer, I accepted.

Next, I found that the bed look small and I measured the width -- it is only 4.5 feet!! In the webpage it mentioned the Standard double is having a 5 feet bed, while a Bijou Double is having a 4.5 feet only. However...staff still claim that this is standard double and said the webpage is wrong. I feel frustrated about this and argued for 3 times in total. During checkout they agree to charge me as Bijou double rate...otherwise I will surely give it a 1 star.

Wifi in floor 5 is unusable. It disconnect very frequently. Even if I can connect to the wifi, the login page always can't load. Staff claimed it is due to many people are using it --- but this problem are never found in my next stay, which is in floor 1.

In my next 3 days stay, we were assigned to floor 1. The bed size is 5 feet this time with access from both side. The room looks tidy and comfortable. wifi speed is fast in all 3 days, except the last night whole hotel's wifi is going down (include the TV internet). This is ISP issue and not the hotel wifi problem. I m very satisfied with the stay this time. Surely a 5 star rate -- if I don't have the experience of the 1st 3 days stay.

Room service is average. My Kenji toiletry is not being replaced even though it is nearly used up in my 1st stay.

The location of the hotel is good. The walk from Earl's court take few minutes only. Also the hotel is offering coupon to different restaurants nearby, which is very nice.

In general, I think the hotel should clearly define the room type and its specification. If the standard double can be 4.5 feet or 5 feet bed, then don't quote it is a 5 feet bed. Also they should not mention the Bijou double is having a bed which can be accessed from one side, if this will also happen in standard double. If they admit I was given a Bijou double at first, I will feel more comfortable as I feel I was being cheated before my checkout.

Room Tip: If you choose standard double, pay attention to the bed size and layout.
2  Thank DennisKwong
Amie_Conway, Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Dear DennisKwong,

Thank you for your feedback of both your stays with us. I’m sorry you were inconvenienced during your first stay. We have eleven standard double rooms, four of which have a slightly smaller bed and layout; we refer to these rooms as our bijou doubles. The rate of our bijou doubles is indeed lower than our standard doubles. I agree this should have been clear when you booked, but unfortunately our booking portal is unable to distinguish the two categories of our standard doubles. We are currently looking into this. When you discussed your dissatisfaction with the receptionist in the evening, she did report it to the duty manager the following morning; however we were unable to reach you to discuss the matter further as you were on a tour for the day. I’m sorry this caused further inconvenience in delaying the discussion; however I’m pleased we were able to resolve the matter when you returned from your tour. The room rate of our bijou doubles was applied to your booking as soon as the matter was brought to the Duty Manager’s attention.

I’m sorry you had difficulty accessing the Wi-Fi during your first stay. It is true that we have a fair use policy for our internet, requesting that guests requiring higher bandwidth opt to use our broadband. Unfortunately this is not always the case. I understand that my Reception Manager offered you use of our broadband complimentary to compensate for the slower speed of our free Wi-Fi. I hope you were able to make use of this, and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I’m really sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your first stay. I’m pleased we were able to redeem ourselves during your second stay, and I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do feel free to contact me direct on 0207 244 2255.

Kindest regards,

Amie Conway
Operations Manager

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Have stayed here a number of times, usually when going to Wimbledon. Great location for Earls Court station (direct to Southfields for Wimbledon).

Rooms are small but spotless and stylishly furnished with adequately equiped kitchen area. There's an M&S and Co-Op supermarket close by for supplies. Everything you could need for your stay in the vicinity.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends