We stayed for one Saturday night breaking our rail journey from the North of England to Milan via Eurostar. Our first impression was of an efficient, friendly and well located hotel. The receptionist was particularly helpful and spoke good English.
There are many restaurants in the area of the hotel which is within walking distance of Kings Cross, St. Pancras and, slightly further away, Euston Stations. There are also many small grocery shops nearby.
The room was small, even by London standards, but adequate for an overnight stay with a relatively early morning start. The room had a flat screen TV which had its language set to French, making finding and viewing programmes difficult for non-polyglots. During the evening one regular BBC program started giving “audio descriptions”. We could not switch this feature off as the TV instructions were in French. The receptionist, fluent in French, tried but could not help. We left the problem unresolved.
Breakfast is self service, in the basement, and comprised cold buffet with an offer to cook eggs as requested. Fortunately, breakfast was available early, even on s Sunday.
The location and friendliness of staff are the hotel’s main assets while the TV setup is just plain weird. This hotel is perfect for overnight stays while traveling by train.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished hotel in Georgian dating from 1700; situated in a quiet location in central London, with easy access to underground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Comfort Inn Kings Cross reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Kings Cross Hotel London
- Kings Cross Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn London
- London Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Kings Cross London, England