“Booking”

Comfort Inn Kings Cross
Ranked #347 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I made a booking at this hotel & due to being involved in a car accident on the morning of the date booked, I was unable to attend on the booked date.
The hotel were informed about this incident but yet still decided to charge me in full for the booking which i thought was very poor form indeed.

Be aware of this when booking the hotel.

2  Thank Neil C
BadriSathya, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Campbell,

Many thanks for posting this review on trip advisor. We are somewhat surprised to see such review you have posted for our hotel. Please be advised when we communicated to you and your partner, you were informed that as a goodwill gesture we will try to re- sell your room since the cancellation policy had expired. We opened Booking.com portal and you were informed about this – as we did not manage to re-sell this room either via the internet or by a “walk-in” guest.

When you contacted us again around 10pm, you were informed by our front desk team that the room was still unsold, therefore we would wait until midnight before we make a no-show charge. Our team tried their level best to assist you, however you were never promised that should the room remains unsold we will waive charges, therefore your card was charged.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Kings Cross

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a brilliantly located hotel, just a few minutes walk from Kings Cross Station and St pancaras. The rooms were clean and tidy as was the shower room. The only small minus was the lack of lighting near the dressing table. The less visible places such as the stairs had worn carpet and looked a little shabby, however I dont tend to dwell in those places so overall a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BadriSathya, Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great feedback. We are happy to read that we made your stay a pleasant experience. We will work on the lightings based on your advice. Hope you have the chance to stay with us again on future occasions.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is close to St Pancras / Kings Cross Station and in a quiet street.
The recently refurbished room was well equipped and the included continental breakfast was more than adequate.
All of the staff were friendly and efficient.
The only down side were the inconsiderate guests slamming doors late at night and at 04:30am!

Room Tip: A friend of ours booked earlier and managed to get a quieter room. Whether it was by accident or the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephen,

Thank you very much for your recent review, we are delighted to read your comments. Our hotel is recently refurbished and happy to hear that you were pleased with our new en-suite bedrooms.

Our front desk staff are well trained and they will assist you any time in case of any issues. In the future let our staff know so they will make your stay more pleasant. All rooms are pre-allocated, if you require a quite room please mention while booking or request during check in. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Small, but it was all there.

Very small room, but very well appointed.

No bar!!!

Comfy bed, big tele, lovely shower. Spotlessly clean

Nice welcome.

All round..............yes, I would recommend. Ideal if you are going to Paris (as we did) and it's a very short walk to the station

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Goan,

Thanks a lot for your recent review, we are happy to read your valuable feedback. As you mentioned our hotel is in perfectly located in Kings cross just few minutes away from St Pancras Eurostar station.

All our room are standard size and we have different room categories with more space at less price difference. For your next visit please check in our website or ring us directly for assistance. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

First, be sure which Comfort Inn you want to go to - there are two, within 200 metres of each other, opposite King's Cross station, in an area which in earlier years has been very sordid but which now, with the redevelopment of the Kings Cross area, is up and coming; well, at least "coming", if not yet "up". I think it is safe enough, but a lone woman might feel uneasy in the street at night. The location could not be more convenient for Kings Cross, St Pancras and Euston stations, and both the British Library and British Museum are within easy walking distance.

Reception was smooth, swift and friendly. My room was in the basement, approached by narrow corridors. It was a large room, but minimally furnished and rather bare, illuminated only with a central ceiling light, the windows looking on to a close blank wall. My first impression was that I had made a mistake in booking here and that, acknowledgedly a budget choice, the hotel was well below my line of acceptability. In fact when I looked closer, the room and bed were perfectly clean, evidently newly refurbished. The modern, large-screen TV had Freeview channels. The small bathroom (shower only) was also new, stylishly fitted out, perfectly clean.

So the hotel crept up and hovered around my acceptability line. But I did not sleep well: the room got too hot (and I did not get up to find what, if anything, there was to adjust), and the undersheet in the bed included a plastic layer that crinkled and crunched as I turned over. I didn't like this, not only for the noise - what kind of people do they expect to have here? was the thought that kept me awake.

The breakfast room is small, with small tables, too few for the peak periods - several people had to wait with me for a chair, and I had to share a table. This turned out OK in fact; I sat next to a very interesting young Belgian, who was giving a talk at a university later that day, and we had an interesting conservation. I'd say just by looking that most of the clientele were young, budget-conscious, foreign tourists, receptive to a friendly approach. Breakfast itself, which was included in my room rate, was a simple continental breakfast, including boiled eggs and standard fare; coffee was made then and there from ground beans, fresh.

Unquestionably good value for money, the hotel is a good enough place to spend the night, considering you are mostly unconscious. I've given it a rating that averages some pluses and minuses. I might stay here again when I visit the city; I won't bring my wife here, though, she has a higher threshold of acceptability for a hotel than me.

Room Tip: Basement rooms seem to be larger, upper floors are lighter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BadriSathya, Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Cassini,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are perfectly located just few minutes away from kings cross station; hotel location with guidelines is clearly mentioned in our website which will assist our guest to find us easily. Our area is a secured place as it is equipped with CCTV surveillance and regular patrols.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our service in our hotel and I have passed on your kind words to our team. We are recently refurbished with new décor and pleased to hear that it was appealing. Please be assured the issues you have raised have been addressed and necessary action have already been taken. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice now for a total of five nights whilst she attended a couple of training courses in London.

Let me say straight off, that I have had to travel for my work for many years now and have gotten used to four star accommodation. Particularly in London, if it's not 4 star I don't really want to know. I'm not a snob, but I cannot be doing with, for example, stains on sheets, carpets and chairs (cough-you know which hotels you are-cough) and am always prepared to spend the time trawling the relevant websites to identify the right hotel at a bargain price (I don't pay more than £110 a night full stop anywhere). Here we were paying £69 p.night the first trip and £71 p.night the second trip.

So... that preamble out of the way, the Comfort Inn was pretty amazing.

ROOMS 4/5
The rooms are small, but they are clean. Very clean. The bathrooms are done to a very high standard (walk in showers, floor to ceiling tiling, etc). Very comfortable.

SERVICE 5/5
The service at the desk is also very good. There's no room service and the breakfast (which was included) was nothing to write home about - but then again it was included in the price. The reception staff were super helpful. We had a problem on our second visit with the heating in the room and they instantly moved us without any problems whatsoever for which I was very grateful.

VALUE FOR MONEY 6/5 (yep, that's right, 6 out of 5)
I cannot find fault with the quality of the rooms and the positive, helpful attitude of the staff on the desk. This was more than worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank 766DaveR
BadriSathya, Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Dave,

Many thanks for letting us know of your recent experience. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your kind words to our team. Our rooms are recently refurbished and happy to hear that you found your room comfortable. We always maintain our high standard in cleanliness for an enjoyable stay in our hotel. Reading such a great report on our service and value for money is always a real pleasure

Our location is also a great advantage to visit many areas in London with easy access even with public transport at late night. We are located just few minutes away from Kings cross tube station within a walk-able distance to many restaurants and pubs. We are looking forward to welcome you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We've stayed here a number of times and have always found the staff to be friendly, the rooms to be clean and breakfast to be more than adequate (although it can be very busy in the small dining area). However, on the last two occasions we have stayed here, two years apart, we happen to have been given the same room - room 304. On both occasions the room opposite ours was being used by a prostitute and so not only were there a lot of callers throughout the night but it was also very noisy! It may just be that room that is being used for these activities and perhaps the rest of the hotel is fine, but it appears to be more than a one-off!

Room Tip: Try not to stay in room 304!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Karyn,

Please accept our apologies for inconvenience caused during your stay. This is the first time we have received such a complaint. Please be informed that we do not allow such activities to take place in our hotel. Each time a visitor comes to visit an in house guest, they must sign in/out the visitor’s register as this is our hotel procedure. All our front desk team members are fully trained. After 11.30pm should there be any external visitors, our front desk assistant always calls them and asks them come down to reception as after this time these visitors are not allowed to stay in our in-house guests’ bedrooms.

Please be advised that we also have CCTV cameras in the lobby and at the entrance for security purpose.

As we have 24 hour reception, guests are more than welcome to contact our front desk assistant should they have any queries or complaints to log during their stay. After checking with the team we have been informed that you did not contact reception regarding this issue or even regarding the noise! Hence, we are surprised to see this review in Tripadvisor as we didn’t received any such complaint in the hotel.