“A well appointed room.”

Comfort Inn Kings Cross
Ranked #360 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is close to St Pancras / Kings Cross Station and in a quiet street.
The recently refurbished room was well equipped and the included continental breakfast was more than adequate.
All of the staff were friendly and efficient.
The only down side were the inconsiderate guests slamming doors late at night and at 04:30am!

Room Tip: A friend of ours booked earlier and managed to get a quieter room. Whether it was by accident or the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BadriSathya, Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Stephen,

Thank you very much for your recent review, we are delighted to read your comments. Our hotel is recently refurbished and happy to hear that you were pleased with our new en-suite bedrooms.

Our front desk staff are well trained and they will assist you any time in case of any issues. In the future let our staff know so they will make your stay more pleasant. All rooms are pre-allocated, if you require a quite room please mention while booking or request during check in. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Small, but it was all there.

Very small room, but very well appointed.

No bar!!!

Comfy bed, big tele, lovely shower. Spotlessly clean

Nice welcome.

All round..............yes, I would recommend. Ideal if you are going to Paris (as we did) and it's a very short walk to the station

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Goan,

Thanks a lot for your recent review, we are happy to read your valuable feedback. As you mentioned our hotel is in perfectly located in Kings cross just few minutes away from St Pancras Eurostar station.

All our room are standard size and we have different room categories with more space at less price difference. For your next visit please check in our website or ring us directly for assistance. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

First, be sure which Comfort Inn you want to go to - there are two, within 200 metres of each other, opposite King's Cross station, in an area which in earlier years has been very sordid but which now, with the redevelopment of the Kings Cross area, is up and coming; well, at least "coming", if not yet "up". I think it is safe enough, but a lone woman might feel uneasy in the street at night. The location could not be more convenient for Kings Cross, St Pancras and Euston stations, and both the British Library and British Museum are within easy walking distance.

Reception was smooth, swift and friendly. My room was in the basement, approached by narrow corridors. It was a large room, but minimally furnished and rather bare, illuminated only with a central ceiling light, the windows looking on to a close blank wall. My first impression was that I had made a mistake in booking here and that, acknowledgedly a budget choice, the hotel was well below my line of acceptability. In fact when I looked closer, the room and bed were perfectly clean, evidently newly refurbished. The modern, large-screen TV had Freeview channels. The small bathroom (shower only) was also new, stylishly fitted out, perfectly clean.

So the hotel crept up and hovered around my acceptability line. But I did not sleep well: the room got too hot (and I did not get up to find what, if anything, there was to adjust), and the undersheet in the bed included a plastic layer that crinkled and crunched as I turned over. I didn't like this, not only for the noise - what kind of people do they expect to have here? was the thought that kept me awake.

The breakfast room is small, with small tables, too few for the peak periods - several people had to wait with me for a chair, and I had to share a table. This turned out OK in fact; I sat next to a very interesting young Belgian, who was giving a talk at a university later that day, and we had an interesting conservation. I'd say just by looking that most of the clientele were young, budget-conscious, foreign tourists, receptive to a friendly approach. Breakfast itself, which was included in my room rate, was a simple continental breakfast, including boiled eggs and standard fare; coffee was made then and there from ground beans, fresh.

Unquestionably good value for money, the hotel is a good enough place to spend the night, considering you are mostly unconscious. I've given it a rating that averages some pluses and minuses. I might stay here again when I visit the city; I won't bring my wife here, though, she has a higher threshold of acceptability for a hotel than me.

Room Tip: Basement rooms seem to be larger, upper floors are lighter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BadriSathya, Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Cassini,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are perfectly located just few minutes away from kings cross station; hotel location with guidelines is clearly mentioned in our website which will assist our guest to find us easily. Our area is a secured place as it is equipped with CCTV surveillance and regular patrols.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our service in our hotel and I have passed on your kind words to our team. We are recently refurbished with new décor and pleased to hear that it was appealing. Please be assured the issues you have raised have been addressed and necessary action have already been taken. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice now for a total of five nights whilst she attended a couple of training courses in London.

Let me say straight off, that I have had to travel for my work for many years now and have gotten used to four star accommodation. Particularly in London, if it's not 4 star I don't really want to know. I'm not a snob, but I cannot be doing with, for example, stains on sheets, carpets and chairs (cough-you know which hotels you are-cough) and am always prepared to spend the time trawling the relevant websites to identify the right hotel at a bargain price (I don't pay more than £110 a night full stop anywhere). Here we were paying £69 p.night the first trip and £71 p.night the second trip.

So... that preamble out of the way, the Comfort Inn was pretty amazing.

ROOMS 4/5
The rooms are small, but they are clean. Very clean. The bathrooms are done to a very high standard (walk in showers, floor to ceiling tiling, etc). Very comfortable.

SERVICE 5/5
The service at the desk is also very good. There's no room service and the breakfast (which was included) was nothing to write home about - but then again it was included in the price. The reception staff were super helpful. We had a problem on our second visit with the heating in the room and they instantly moved us without any problems whatsoever for which I was very grateful.

VALUE FOR MONEY 6/5 (yep, that's right, 6 out of 5)
I cannot find fault with the quality of the rooms and the positive, helpful attitude of the staff on the desk. This was more than worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank 766DaveR
BadriSathya, Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Dave,

Many thanks for letting us know of your recent experience. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your kind words to our team. Our rooms are recently refurbished and happy to hear that you found your room comfortable. We always maintain our high standard in cleanliness for an enjoyable stay in our hotel. Reading such a great report on our service and value for money is always a real pleasure

Our location is also a great advantage to visit many areas in London with easy access even with public transport at late night. We are located just few minutes away from Kings cross tube station within a walk-able distance to many restaurants and pubs. We are looking forward to welcome you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We've stayed here a number of times and have always found the staff to be friendly, the rooms to be clean and breakfast to be more than adequate (although it can be very busy in the small dining area). However, on the last two occasions we have stayed here, two years apart, we happen to have been given the same room - room 304. On both occasions the room opposite ours was being used by a prostitute and so not only were there a lot of callers throughout the night but it was also very noisy! It may just be that room that is being used for these activities and perhaps the rest of the hotel is fine, but it appears to be more than a one-off!

Room Tip: Try not to stay in room 304!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Karyn,

Please accept our apologies for inconvenience caused during your stay. This is the first time we have received such a complaint. Please be informed that we do not allow such activities to take place in our hotel. Each time a visitor comes to visit an in house guest, they must sign in/out the visitor’s register as this is our hotel procedure. All our front desk team members are fully trained. After 11.30pm should there be any external visitors, our front desk assistant always calls them and asks them come down to reception as after this time these visitors are not allowed to stay in our in-house guests’ bedrooms.

Please be advised that we also have CCTV cameras in the lobby and at the entrance for security purpose.

As we have 24 hour reception, guests are more than welcome to contact our front desk assistant should they have any queries or complaints to log during their stay. After checking with the team we have been informed that you did not contact reception regarding this issue or even regarding the noise! Hence, we are surprised to see this review in Tripadvisor as we didn’t received any such complaint in the hotel.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

having only a night in London before leaving for York, the Comfort Inn was a short walk on a quiet street. What I never quite get is the idea that many international flights arrive in the mornings yet often hotels are not ready for the arrivals and such was the case here, though they did allow us to store our luggage as we ventured out, bedraggled, onto the streets of London. To an American, the beds were something like stone, but really for one night, it could have been worse. The breakfast was fresh, hot and good and the price was right. The hotel could use a spruce, but again, for the price, it wasn't bad.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
BadriSathya, Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. I regret to hear that we haven't met some of your expectations.

We clearly mention the check in time in booking confirmation and always try our level best to accommodate our guest if arrived early and our free luggage room facility is always handy for our guest. We do have different room categories and bigger rooms with more space at less price difference, our receptionist can assist you in case of an upgrade. We are looking forward to accommodate you again to have a pleasant stay in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having booked online and having seen the photo of a room on the wesite I thought £83 would be fine. When I arrived I was dissapointed to have to walk through a maze of tight corridors and stairs to reach my room when I finally arrived to my room I opened the door and saw a small cramped single room with nowhere to open my suitcase apart from the bed. This room was changed and the reception staff very good, but the double room they gave me was just another single room but now with a double bed in it. I had the same problem opening my suitcase and the next morning I had a bad back with the gymnastics involved of traversing my hovel. Next morning breakfast was horrendous, in the basement with no natural lighting. I left the hotel thinking "well what an experience that was." feeling as if I had been camping in a very expensive hostel this hotel will certainly be put on my black list. The photo they issued on the website is not a genuine representation of the comfort they advertise, This is grossly misleading and terribly over priced.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if they ask for more than £50 per night, it is not worth paying more. Do not pay a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marton J
BadriSathya, Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your feedback. We accommodate many guests in our hotel and were rather concerned to find an unsatisfactory feedback on trip advisor for our hotel.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding our team members, your comments will be passed on to them.

With regards to your accommodation, you booked and paid for a single bedded room and initially single room was allocated to you. The location of your initial room is on the ground floor and has a very easy access. The size of all our rooms are standard size; as we are located in Central London. Upon arrival you did not like the single room, so our front desk team upgraded you to a double room which was free of charge. Please be advised that this was the only room available at the time!

After the upgrade, you did not mention to the front desk team that you were still unhappy. With regards to the location of your new room, please be informed that we are not allowed to change the structure of our hotel as this is a grade 2 listed building, and we have to utilise on what we have.

With regards to our breakfast room, although it is located on the lower ground floor, we believe the lighting in this room is adequate and it is very well lit up. Please be informed that you are more than welcome to take your breakfast in your room, had you asked a member of our breakfast team they could have assisted you there and then.

Again, we want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Regards