“Great hotel stay at London Paddington”

Quality Crown Hyde Park
Ranked #694 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“Great hotel stay at London Paddington”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

With London Underground service stopping on Christmas day and having to go to the airport by the Heathrow Express, the only option was to stay at Paddington. And I'm fortunate to have booked this hotel. Contrary to some other negative reviews, my 1 night stay in this hotel has been nothing short of fantastic. Right from the checking in process, where the Filipino lady (didn't catch her name) at the reception was ever so warm and welcoming, to the decently-sized room and spotless bathroom, there is nothing I can fault in this hotel. Had some trouble with the toilet flushing in initially, told the reception and it was promptly fixed upon my return to the room in the evening. All in all, I had a great stay in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justin S
Linforth, Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Please accept our gratitude for your excellent review. We are so happy your stay was fantastic. We would love for you to return soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Good rates. Clean place. Good location. Nice folks at the desk during my stay. Gym in a nearby hotel. One of the larger (small, but not tiny) rooms I have had in London.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Linforth, Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
A fantastic endorsement - Many thanks! We do have a gym in our hotel nearby that all guest are welcome to use. We really hope you will come back soon.
Finland
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel and was very happy. We were upgrated to and executive double room for free. The room was very clean, bed comfortable and toilet very clean, also the best shower I've ever had in the UK. Also very quiet at night, didn't need to use earplugs. Rooms were cleaned daily.

The breakfast was also very good.

Definitely solved the problem where to book my room next time in London.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank UK fan A
It is a pleasure to hear you had such a great time with us, thank you! We're glad you enjoyed our shower and peaceful location so much.
NYC
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The hotel itself is pretty beaten up but kudos to the cleaning staff - it's spotless. The front desk is fairly useless and rude. Multiple messages were left for me at the front desk by friends, clerks insisted no calls came in. Refused to give us a final bill.

Decent location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We apologise if we didn't manage to pass any messages on to you. Please be advised that we are always more than happy to provide you with your final bill. This is our standard procedure. Please let us know if you would like us to send you another copy of your bill.
Sweden
Reviewed November 30, 2011

All started with a cancelled flight and I had to go to this hotel one night earlier (staying 3 nights instead of 2). I called the hotel and asked if there was a possibility to stop by a night earlier and stay in the same room. The answer was NO! but I got a price to stay in another room. Since I had my iPad close by I could quickly check online (on the hotel's own home page) and saw that there were rooms free for 3 nights £70 cheaper than the price i got when I asked. When I came to the hotel I asked if there was still no possibility to stay in the same room and if that was really the price. The answer was a really angry "no possibility", "that's the price!" Think I should have accepted that, but since I thought it was so strange, I just asked for a few minutes and booked my stay online, to stay in the same room to a much cheaper price, a "club double room". I cancelled my old booking and went to the desk again. I should never have done that... I was told I had to pay for one extra night even though it clearly stated in my first booking I could cancel it until 4pm the day of check in (the day after this happened). After a lot of mumbling I finally got the key to my "Club Double room". It was the smallest room I ever seen (see pictures). Since there was just a single bed and I paid for a big room with a double bed I went down to the reception to question if I actually got the room I paid for. I also mentioned that it said "Club room" on every door in the corridor except on mine. I should never have done that... I was basically told to go back to bed and leave the guy in the reception alone, if I had any complaints I could take that with his colleagues the morning after and that I "should know better, this is London and rooms are not big here".

The morning after I checked with the other people in the reception and they immediately confirmed that I got the wrong room and put me in an executive room as compensation (not sure that exist though, it said club room on the door and you can't book an executive room online).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank F E
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We understand there was a problem with your room allocation on the first night after your last-minute reservation modification. We did ensure you were upgraded to our executive room for the duration of your stay which we hope you enjoyed. Please be assured we have spoken to the staff in question to ensure that the error on your first night is not repeated. We hope you will stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in the middle of November. We chose it due to its proximity to Paddington station, as we wanted to be able to get to and from Heathrow easily. I was quite pleased with our stay here. The room we had was tiny (my husband and I couldn't both walk between the bed and the desk at the same time), but I think that it may have been one of the smaller ones as the front desk staff was quite apologetic about it. On the plus side, I think our bathroom had been quite recently renovated; it was very clean and spiffy. We really enjoyed the breakfast; you could have your fill of both cold and hot food, it was quite substantial. The best part was the front desk staff though; they helped us get tickets for the Eye (and printed the confirmation off for us), gave us good recommendations for things to do, and went above and beyond in general. I'd give them 6 stars if I could. Hard mattress, but that's our only complaint! I think we definitely got good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank desacadienserrants
Linforth, Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thanks for your review! We are very happy to hear you had a great time with us. We do have rooms of varying sizes depending on price and so meet the needs of people seeking value as well as spacious luxury. Please come back and try one of our standard or club doubles next time rather than the small double. The front desk staff say hi!
london
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We checked in and checked out.

We had been given a single room upgraded to a double.

It was tiny, badly equipped and with rattling windows. No air con.

Staff not engaged.

• Stayed December 2010
Linforth, General Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear guest, the simple answer is: No. Our hotel is one of the best value, friendliest, most comfortable hotels in the area. We think you must have stayed in a different hotel because this happens often. Your comments do not seem to discribe us. Please confirm.