“Very handy hotel”

Ranked #350 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Willoughby On the Wolds
“Very handy hotel”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

A great little hotel, well positioned in London and surrounded by loads of good food outlets. Its very clean, well presented and the staff are very friendly. My room was at the end of the building with a rather noisy hotel next door and rather noisy guests in the adjoining room. This was my only complaint but not bad enough to get excited about. Breakfast had adequate choices and plentiful. I will definitely use this hotel again if it retains its prices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to know you were impressed with the friendliness of staff, plus the location was well suited to your plans. However, we regret any inconvenience caused due to noisy surroundings.

We are happy to read you will be staying with us again. Kindly forward us your future booking details as we will ensure a nice room is allocated for your comfort.

dm@londonpremiernottinghill.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Polite friendly staff, good location, nice bedding and air conditioning units. If I had to make one down point it would be room and bathroom where slightly small but I guess that's expected in London.

• Stayed March 2014
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to serve you & we look forward to welcoming you again.

Please do forward us your future stay booking details so that a spacious room is allocated for your comfort.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here with my fiance for a midweek get a way! Great location for the price, the room was a bit small but immaculate! 2 minute walk from Kensington gardens and from Notting hill gate tube station, where we walked through the park to Oxford street. Staff were nice and pleasant.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest ,

We thank you for your excellent comments on Trip Advisor.

It is really nice to know that you liked the location plus the staff service met your expectations.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Warm Wishes & Kind Regards
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Just stayed at this hotel as it was located close to family that were visiting friends. First impressions were good. Walked from the Bayswater tube station with my case (only staying one night) and was slightly out of breath due to rushing and was offered water to help me cool down, which I thought was a nice touch.

The reception were great. Very quick checking in and very polite. Immediately asked me if would like to borrow an iron which I needed and this was arranged and brought me to my room within five minutes.

The room was very well maintained. The decor was lovely and had a luxury feel to it. The bathroom was very clean (even the tile grouting was spotless). The shower had both a power shower option and a rainforest shower option. There was no view as I was in a back room but it didn't bother me as I was only staying one night and I didn't go to look out of the window.

One downside - the rooms are very compact. I couldn't use the safe in the room as I couldn't open the wardrobe doors fully because of the bed so couldn't get to it fully. I wasn't bothered about the size of this room that much due to my length of stay and I was alone but the room I was given (105) had another bed down a few steps in the room implying it could accommodate four people, which I think they would be falling over themselves and would find it very uncomfortable. It would be better to remove one bed and have a separate living room area and just one bed and charge a bit more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to serve & look after you.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Kind Regards
Stow-on-the-Wold
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I treated myself to a club room - I paid extra for this 'privilege'. In the past when I have stayed in hotels with club rooms, you have needed a card key to enter it and there are drinks and snacks available 24/7. Not the case with this hotel. When I asked where the club lounge was, I was guided to a room where there was just one sofa at the back of it, no key card entry so anyone could enter and no snacks or drink facilities?! (I'm really not sure what I paid the extra for!)

I have several medical conditions and booked the club room for two reasons... The club lounge (which was a huge disappointment!) and the fact the room had a fridge in so I could store some medication. My room had no fridge in. When I queried this with reception they said it had been removed. So I had paid extra (I think about £30) for a club room which I then didn't get.

The room itself was stuffy. It was compact (that's being polite!) and far too hot, Again because I was booked into a club room, my room was supposedly bigger than a standard room. If this is the case I dread to think how small a standard room is!

I brought all this up with the manager who apologised and said next time I visited London if I contacted them directly they would give me a discount as a goodwill gesture. I contacted the manager last week and explained I was back in London. He replied saying he was pleased to offer me a special discounted rate of £116. I felt this wasn't a very good deal as I'd paid around the same amount for my last stay. I had a look at regular prices... They were £117. So my 'special discount' was a whole £1! I emailed to say this wasn't enough of a discount. The manager replied saying he'd spoken to his manager and they wanted to offer me the room for £115!

Absolute joke!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you're a dwarf... I'm 5ft and felt claustrophobic!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Greetings from London Premier Notting Hill.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. We take our guest's feedback on a serious note and certainly will take corrective steps to improve any shortcomings.

Kindly do write to me on the below mentioned email address to discuss this further as I will try my best to assist you .

Thanking You
Warm Wishes
Aparna
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Booked with Expedia, room confirmed and paid in advance. When we arrived we were told there were no rooms and we could have a refund (leaving us stranded) or they'd send us somewhere else of their choosing. No manager on duty. Reception staff unable to do anything at all. Could not answer how it was that we had a confirmed booking at one hotel and were being told that we had to go somewhere else (a cab ride away) to an unspecified hotel. When we finally managed to get the name of the new hotel from the staff, we were told by that hotel that they had no rooms. A complete shambles, left us potentially stranded. In the end we got an assurance from the new hotel that they would provide us with a room and got a cab to the new place. This has happened before (see 24HappyTraveller401 review), but is very stressful and really poor service. The new hotel (somewhere near Paddington) was ok but (obviously) somewhere else, with a tiny room with no accessible plugs in it. Seriously poor experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 2014London2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you due to the transfer situation. We try our best to honor all our guest's reservations however, in evitably inspite of our best efforts at times we fail to do so.

We can truly understand the discomfort you must have gone through and to discuss this further we request you to kindly write on the below mentioned email address. This will assist us to investigate the matter and respond to you accordingly with proper explanation.

Kind Regards
Aparna
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night and I would recommend it for the area, I got a discount so was worth the money. Very close to train and tube stations. Only 'negatives' would be that my room was quite small so only ideal for one person and it was a back room so no view, so would probably only be suitable for one night. And at first my TV didn't work but the members of staff were quick to help (I think his name was Sergio). Apart from that I would recommend it if travelling solo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your valuable feedback which will certainly assist us to meet & exceed our guest's expectation.

It was indeed a pleasure for us to welcome you. We are pleased to know that you really liked the location.

Please do contact us in advance about your future stay as we will ensure a spacious room is allocated for your comfort.

dm@ondonpremiernottinghill.co.uk