“Awful!! Do Not Book! ! You may not even get a room!!”

The Premier Notting Hill
Ranked #349 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Awful!! Do Not Book! ! You may not even get a room!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I arrived last night after booking through Booking.com and receiving confirmation by email. Reception said they had tried to contact me - they hadn't, I was on email and telephone all day. They explained there were maintenance issues with the room and I was being transferred to another hotel!!

I was not happy. After a long journey and am early start I started to complain. There were two other people in reception being told the same story!! I then continued to complain and explain how had seen comments on Trip Advisor that this is a con! I asked to see the manager, who was not available. After 20 minutes, reception backed down and found me a room!!

The room was tiny. Hairs in the bath. TV not working. No refrigerator as advertised. Very disappointed.

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS AWFUL HOTEL !!

I will be emailing the head office.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank lfurn
Mandar D, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry that you had a bad experience at the Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill. We pride ourselves on quality customer service, but it appears on this occasion we have failed to meet the required standard and for that we sincerely apologies.
We had a maintenance issues and as such had to find alternate accommodation for some of our guests If you would like us to investigate this issue further and come back to you with a more detailed please response to us at dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com
In the meantime I would again like to apologies for your bad experience and assure you that your feedback is taken very seriously and we will endeavor to ensure this does not happen again.
Yours Sincerely,

Mandar Dhage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

...but the reception was all I saw.

Never stayed here before and was pleased with the rate through last minute.com. Pleasantly surprised as I approached the hotel, a fine looking Georgian terrace which is set around a nice traditional London square.

So far so good.

However, when I tried to check in I was told that they were fully booked but had arranged a room at a sister hotel near Paddington. Ok, so they covered the cost of the taxi to get there and threw in a complimentary breakfast, but it was very inconvenient as time was tight and also Paddington was not where I wanted to stay, and if I remember rightly the new hotel was one that I looked at before booking and didn't book it because of the location and because it wasn't as good as the one I eventually booked. I eventually stayed in the Shaftesbury Metropolis Paddington/Hyde Park and have added a separate review.

In my opinion I think this is a regular scam, I wasn't the only one to be told that they were overbooked on that day, I think they intentionally overbook here so they can then reallocate a room in one of their less popular sister hotels which are under used. Just a thought but maybe you should consider this when booking a Shaftesbury Group hotel http://www.shaftesburyhotels.com/index.php.

So, this review is not so much about the hotel facilities but more about the service... which was not good!

1 Thank Mark C
Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill, We appreciate your comments and we promise that we will try our very best to serve you in th best way possible in order to ensure that we can provide you with one of the most wonderful stays you ever had.

May i kindly request you to please email me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com regarding the details of your booking so that we can investigate further in detail.

maryland outside dc
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were very happy with the hotel location and after requesting room upgrades we were very pleased with the rooms - including the view over the square. For the price they were very updated- with nice details -even lighting by the bed on a dimmer. The people behind the desk went out of their way to be helpful.

Those were all the very good things and would like to be able to give this a higher rating... but...
I felt lucky that we didn't have the problem noted by other reviewers who were sent to a different hotel - but I did notice a couple checking in that sounded like that may have been happening with them - sounded like they were being politely taken care of but still is troubling.

Also...
We were charged double - and worked thru Orbitz and our credit card to resolve.
We never took breakfast at the hotel since it seemed expensive for us.
The wifi didn't work in the room which was a disappointment.

But want to also recommend the THE PRINCE EDWARD PUBLIC HOUSE AND KITCHEN at the corner of Princess Square - friendly and neighborhood feeling that distinguished it from other chain like pubs.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mandar D, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our rooms.

In regards to Wi-Fi, we do not have Wi-Fi in rooms & same we advertise in our website. However, we do have wire connection in all our rooms & also we are in process to make if Wi-Fi friendly hotel soon.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Kind Regards
Gourav Gupta
London
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The rooms are clean and the location is good, near to Portobello road and to Notting hill tube station,
Bad note is that we asked to reserve a taxi for the early morning of departure, and I was surprise to see that a no official taxi arrived, it was a private car and the foreign driver didn't know streets, and at the end he asked us 18 pounds but into the car there wasn't tachometer!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.

In regards to taxi, we arrange local taxi company & it’s very much registered company. We cannot call out Black cabs as its unable to book in advance. However, I must state that these taxi very much reliable & less expensive then Black cabs. I will still consider your comments & advise all our staff to be more informative while booking taxis.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Kind Regards
Gourav Gupta
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The pictures looked much nicer than the actual room. I had specially requested a bedroom with a shower tub, which I didn't get at all. I was unfairly charged twice and to solve the situation through phone calls was a real pain; it was nearly impossible to talk to the hotel staff directly. Even after asking them to return the higher amount of money back to my bank, I got the lesser amount back which made me loose extra money because of international fees. In the end, staying at this hotel meant a lot of unnecessary stress, waste of money. time and energy. Not worth it at all, I would never recommend this place to anyone desiring time to relax.

Room Tip: Honestly, there is no tip. Just before making my reservations, I tried to phone and write the hotel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TuttiBelle

London
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had booked a deluxe single room and when I got to the hotel so it turned out that they had problems with hot water so they referred us to other hotels. I was referred to a hotel in Kingsington, BEST WESTERN PREMIER Shaftesbury Kensington Hotel. When I arrived at the hotel, they show me a single room two floors down in the basement, in principle, without any windows. The only light that could possibly get in was from a window that was 1X1 meters and was three meters up in a corner. Besides this turned out that the hotel was under construction, which resulted that things are still not working properly. When I get up and call the London Premier Notting Hill and points this out, saying that I have paid for a deluxe single and this is not right I call for it so they apologize and say that this is what they can offer me now at 18:00. Very bad.

They offer to upgrade me next time when I visited them and invite other if I chose to stay where I was. This offer and the proposal would be sent to my e-mail immediately. I'm still waiting for the e-mails, very bad.

I tried to see me for my opportunities the time in the evening and realized that the chance to find something else then it was pretty low. So I simply had to stop anyway.
I chose to stay anyway but everything does not end here. At 10:00 when I lie asleep heard three people outside the door, talking very high in Russian since it triggers the vacuum and start vacuuming doorstep. I went out and said that at 22, and maybe it's the wrong time to vacuum now when guests are sleeping. They just said soory soory but brought sat vacuuming anyway. After half an hour's suffering ends vacuuming. I went to sleep again and at 23:30 the fire alarm goes off. I jumped up and ran out but after a few seconds stops the alarm to fire. Completely end I went to bed again, and then I started hearing subway train passing under my room but I was so tired after a day at the fair and all these disorders so went to sleep again.
A long answer to a short question, but what you do, so do not book either in London Premier Notting Hill or BEST WESTERN PREMIER Shaftesbury Kensington Hotel if you ask me.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Ali N

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last night. the hotel was very difficult to find although it may be same for numerous other hotels in the same location. The numbers are difficult to find as it is a square with a number of roads in the square and no one knows where it is. I even asked in 3 other hotels without any success. The hotel staff could not even guide me to the hotel even though I was in the next road and telephoned them.I booked a double room but shocked to see the size of the room. It is not even suitable for 1 person. I never slept in such a small room in my whole life. You need to think innovatively to enter into shower and use it. i am not big. Event then I needed to enter sideways into the shower. The room was however clean and this is the only positive.

Room Tip: Do not book if you want a comfortable stay