“Nice experience”

The Premier Notting Hill
Ranked #361 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel is clean and in a good location. The staff is polite and eager to help. It has all the needed facilities (iron, hair dryer, safety box). The rooms are not huge but there is enough space. I recommend it if there is no need to spend the whole day in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Mandar D, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill for your recent visit to London. We really appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill was able to meet your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Having been sent to this hotel from the sister hotel, Hyde Park International I was sadly unimpressed. I won't make this a hugely detailed review as I just don't have it in me. The reception I received was very negative from a very sour woman at the check in. Her name started with a C. I try to forget grumpy people, but I'm sure the manager will know who I speak of. Having just been booted from one of their hotels to this one, I would have been a bit more welcoming to the client. The lack of professionalism was uncalled for. No smile, just mistake after mistake. I was eventually given a room directly behind the 2nd floor elevator...noisy. Asked to be moved, and nothing was done. The porter gentlemen were always very nice, so credit where it is due. Always nicer.
There is no wifi in the rooms. I do not operate on a laptop or tablet - I have everything on my phone. This is seriously not keeping up with other hotels. It's a simple must these days. The wifi in the lobby was awful. Pointless.
I am a easy person to deal with, it takes a lot to upset me, but they managed to do it with their lack of hospitality. Fake it. You're getting paid. I don't know if it has to do with the amount of eastern Europeans who work in the industry, as they are very stern in general - but come on.
I spoke with a female manager and she eventually gave me the hotel wifi code but it was a little too late. This woman was very nice and helpful, lovely to deal with and doing her job.
The small single room was nice enough, but exceedingly cramped. I am used to this to a degree having stayed in a number of Victorian hotels in London. But when you can barely make it around the bed to get to the toilet without smashing into a wall, you know it's small. However, welcome to London. Tiny is the norm, I'll try and get over it.
It is nicely decorated, but it if you're able to over look things like ripped sheer curtains, shredded pieces of carpet, finger marks all over the glass bathroom door, then it is fine. I can handle this, as again, it is pretty standard in London. The hotel looks very nice and is kept tidy and clean.
It's just the grumpy receptionist that looked like she wanted my head. Not what it's all about in the hotel industry.
Mandar, a manager had been very nice, but I couldn't find him to chat. I had things to do and complaining is such a drag for everyone - but necessary at times. Especially when you're moved from another hotel.

I did not want to do a review like this, I'm not a negative person at all and it gives me a headache, but things aren't always sunshine in hotel-land. I keep thinking of the saying "putting lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig." Sorry, they won't see me again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank pixie1
Mandar D, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill, We appreciate your comments and we promise that we will try our very best to serve you in th best way possible in order to ensure that we can provide you with one of the most wonderful stays you ever had.

May i kindly request you to please email me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com regarding the details of your booking so that we can investigate further in detail.

Thank you very much for your patience & support.

With regards

Mandar Dhage.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stopped in London for 3 days as apart of my trip to US, and i stayed in this hotel, convenient location and so close to bayswater Subway station, very polite and collaboration staff, very clean room and have all required facilities including safe box and electronic kettle, in general i recommend it to every one who have short stay in london.

Two issues are there:
1.room is very very small.
2.free wireless internet is not available in the room (in lobby only).

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Luckily London is a city where you don't spend too much time in the hotel room. No WiFi in the rooms???? but its ok no one has smart phones or tablets these days, only laptops so there is a cable in the rooms for internet access..... It made it hard to make some travel plans for the day as you had to get ready then go to the lobby to use the WiFi, Which I'm sure has a cap per user as mine gave a "wrong password" message after an app I had, about 30 mb, updated.
The room was tiny, the smallest room I ever stayed in and the heating seems to only be in the bathroom. Some mould on the roof and the bedsheets were, well, not very new.
We didn't get it but breakfast at £15 each, I'd be expecting gold plated eggs for that, crazy price.
Service was friendly execpt for the one guy who insisted on burping loudly multiple times as I was trying to use the common WiFi.
Area is safe and its close to a busy main street and Bayswater tube stop is a 3-4 min walk.
Took a few minutes to find as we were looking for a Shaftsbury hotel but the name outside is Premier something or other?
If it was a 3* it would be ok, but this place is a 4* Hotel. How it ever got 4*'s is beyond me.
Good location, staff helpful, poor hotel.

1  Thank Travel4521
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The room I stayed in (802) was in the basement which wouldn't be my first choice but it was a decent size, clean and with the all the usual trimmings. It worked out at just under £80 per night and for a hotel in this part of the London over the Easter weekend represents very good value for money.

I would have awarded the hotel the full 5 starts but they need to address some of their services.

March 2013 was famously cold and it was freezing first thing in the morning down in the basement unless you dialled 0 and asked for your heating to be turned on. Also, coffee and milk were never replaced after the first night. However, despite these minor blips I would stay again if the price was right.

3  Thank mackyUK

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night in February this year and were very pleased we did. All the staff at the hotel went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded to the Club Room at no extra cost to ourselves and the room offered us everything we needed the room was also clean even if some of the fixtures and fittings could do with upgrading. The location is perfect for exploring central London and the reception staff will not hesitate to offer their assistance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked via lastminute.com and wasn't disappointed. We had a complimentary room upgrade (so don't know what the smaller rooms would be like) and the room was fine - very clean - and even had a microwave (although I don't think all rooms have this facility). The breakfast was OK. The staff were excellent. It's an easy walk to/from Notting Hill underground station. We would stay there again.