“Very good value for the area”

The Premier Notting Hill
Ranked #350 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Stockton, UK
“Very good value for the area”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The room I stayed in (802) was in the basement which wouldn't be my first choice but it was a decent size, clean and with the all the usual trimmings. It worked out at just under £80 per night and for a hotel in this part of the London over the Easter weekend represents very good value for money.

I would have awarded the hotel the full 5 starts but they need to address some of their services.

March 2013 was famously cold and it was freezing first thing in the morning down in the basement unless you dialled 0 and asked for your heating to be turned on. Also, coffee and milk were never replaced after the first night. However, despite these minor blips I would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mackyUK
Mandar D, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill for your recent visit to London. We really appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill was able to meet your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night in February this year and were very pleased we did. All the staff at the hotel went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded to the Club Room at no extra cost to ourselves and the room offered us everything we needed the room was also clean even if some of the fixtures and fittings could do with upgrading. The location is perfect for exploring central London and the reception staff will not hesitate to offer their assistance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked via lastminute.com and wasn't disappointed. We had a complimentary room upgrade (so don't know what the smaller rooms would be like) and the room was fine - very clean - and even had a microwave (although I don't think all rooms have this facility). The breakfast was OK. The staff were excellent. It's an easy walk to/from Notting Hill underground station. We would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandar D, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, April 14, 2013

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I booked this last minute for a weekend trip to London. I was surprised to be directed to the basement and the smallest single room I have ever stayed in! Everything was cramped and it was difficult to walk around with my luggage in there and I really didn't have that much with me! The room was also quite warm and stuffy.

The room and bathroom were clean but the bed was lumpy and had seen better days. At first I didn't think there was a window but then noticed a small one next to the door. It was easy to miss because there was no light coming through it. It looked out into a tiny recess filled with gigantic, ugly pipes which made a racket all day and night. I'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me but I can imagine the noise would keep many people awake.

There was no WiFi in the room, nor could I get a normal signal on my phone. I found this particularly annoying as I had to go upstairs to the lobby to make private calls and access the Internet. It seemed everyone else was doing the same thing so it was quite crowded upstairs.

On the plus side it is only a five minute walk from a couple of tube stations so it has good access to central London and I felt quite safe walking in the immediate area, although it is tucked away along quiet residential streets so can take a bit of finding.

Only two marks from me as I expect much more from a 4 star hotel and did not think it offered good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ootnaboot88
Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill, We appreciate your comments and we promise that we will try our very best to serve you in th best way possible in order to ensure that we can provide you with one of the most wonderful stays you ever had.

May i kindly request you to please email me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com regarding the details of your booking so that we can investigate further in detail.

Thank you very much for your patience & support.

With regards

Mandar Dhage.
N Wales
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Awful hotel, will never stay here again. Read mixed reviews before I booked this online. Didn’t book breakfast as at £15 per person per night they are having a laugh! There are several cafes / restaurants nearby (Whiteleys, Pret A Manger) where you can get yourself a cheaper (and more substantial) breakfast. The first room (No. 1) we were allocated was the size of a store cupboard. Seriously. My husband is 6’ 3” and I'm 5' 4" and we didn't have room to swing a cat. It would have been a squash for just one person nevermind a couple. The handle broke off the bathroom door, there were cigarette burns on the bathroom shelf, our double bed was squashed up against the wall and there wasn't one window so it was very dark. After visiting Reception several times to complain the Manager appeared as if by magic and offered us another room in the basement. A clubroom apparently. This was basically a normal sized double bedroom with a bigger bathroom with a shower cubicle over the bath and was a vast improvement on the first offering so we moved. The only downside was that the hotel handymen were outside our bedroom window from very early in the morning, chatting and smoking. A set of earplugs eliminated that problem. Be aware that they take your card details on arrival to put a £20 deposit against you in case of food /drink taken from the rooms minibar. The irony? Our minibar was empty even if we had wanted anything! Luckily the £20 wasn't taken from our bank account. Plenty of tea / coffee in rooms with kettle, ironing board and hairdryer. We stayed 2 nights, 2 nights too long.

Room Tip: Only take a basement room if it doesn't face the front.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluelizard

Thank you very much for your patience & support.

With regards

Mandar Dhage.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for 4 days at the hotel. The facilities were good. The service was outstanding. Staff went out of their way to help me and whatever I asked for was there almost immediately. Would like to give a special mention to Kazim for excellent service. Am going back next week.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mandar D, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend with my boyfriend last October. The location is quite good it is about a 5 minute walk to the nearest tube station which is Bayswater. There is also lots of shops and restaurants near by at Queensway. Our room itself was really small but was clean and the bathroom was new. There was also aircon/heating which could be adjusted as you like. There was only free internet in public areas which did not correspond to the advertisement. Would not recommend eating breakfast there as it was £15 each for a cold breakfast which was not very appetizing. All in all it was good value considering the location and local amenities and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are executive rooms which I imagine would be more spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mandar D, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 21, 2013