“Impeccable service in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of London Premier Notting Hill

London Premier Notting Hill
Ranked #346 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Impeccable service in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night in February this year and were very pleased we did. All the staff at the hotel went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded to the Club Room at no extra cost to ourselves and the room offered us everything we needed the room was also clean even if some of the fixtures and fittings could do with upgrading. The location is perfect for exploring central London and the reception staff will not hesitate to offer their assistance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mandar D, Manager at London Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill for your recent visit to London. We really appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill was able to meet your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked via lastminute.com and wasn't disappointed. We had a complimentary room upgrade (so don't know what the smaller rooms would be like) and the room was fine - very clean - and even had a microwave (although I don't think all rooms have this facility). The breakfast was OK. The staff were excellent. It's an easy walk to/from Notting Hill underground station. We would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mandar D, Manager at London Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, April 14, 2013

Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I booked this last minute for a weekend trip to London. I was surprised to be directed to the basement and the smallest single room I have ever stayed in! Everything was cramped and it was difficult to walk around with my luggage in there and I really didn't have that much with me! The room was also quite warm and stuffy.

The room and bathroom were clean but the bed was lumpy and had seen better days. At first I didn't think there was a window but then noticed a small one next to the door. It was easy to miss because there was no light coming through it. It looked out into a tiny recess filled with gigantic, ugly pipes which made a racket all day and night. I'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me but I can imagine the noise would keep many people awake.

There was no WiFi in the room, nor could I get a normal signal on my phone. I found this particularly annoying as I had to go upstairs to the lobby to make private calls and access the Internet. It seemed everyone else was doing the same thing so it was quite crowded upstairs.

On the plus side it is only a five minute walk from a couple of tube stations so it has good access to central London and I felt quite safe walking in the immediate area, although it is tucked away along quiet residential streets so can take a bit of finding.

Only two marks from me as I expect much more from a 4 star hotel and did not think it offered good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ootnaboot88
Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill, We appreciate your comments and we promise that we will try our very best to serve you in th best way possible in order to ensure that we can provide you with one of the most wonderful stays you ever had.

May i kindly request you to please email me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com regarding the details of your booking so that we can investigate further in detail.

N Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Awful hotel, will never stay here again. Read mixed reviews before I booked this online. Didn’t book breakfast as at £15 per person per night they are having a laugh! There are several cafes / restaurants nearby (Whiteleys, Pret A Manger) where you can get yourself a cheaper (and more substantial) breakfast. The first room (No. 1) we were allocated was the size of a store cupboard. Seriously. My husband is 6’ 3” and I'm 5' 4" and we didn't have room to swing a cat. It would have been a squash for just one person nevermind a couple. The handle broke off the bathroom door, there were cigarette burns on the bathroom shelf, our double bed was squashed up against the wall and there wasn't one window so it was very dark. After visiting Reception several times to complain the Manager appeared as if by magic and offered us another room in the basement. A clubroom apparently. This was basically a normal sized double bedroom with a bigger bathroom with a shower cubicle over the bath and was a vast improvement on the first offering so we moved. The only downside was that the hotel handymen were outside our bedroom window from very early in the morning, chatting and smoking. A set of earplugs eliminated that problem. Be aware that they take your card details on arrival to put a £20 deposit against you in case of food /drink taken from the rooms minibar. The irony? Our minibar was empty even if we had wanted anything! Luckily the £20 wasn't taken from our bank account. Plenty of tea / coffee in rooms with kettle, ironing board and hairdryer. We stayed 2 nights, 2 nights too long.

Room Tip: Only take a basement room if it doesn't face the front.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank bluelizard

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for 4 days at the hotel. The facilities were good. The service was outstanding. Staff went out of their way to help me and whatever I asked for was there almost immediately. Would like to give a special mention to Kazim for excellent service. Am going back next week.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mandar D, Manager at London Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend with my boyfriend last October. The location is quite good it is about a 5 minute walk to the nearest tube station which is Bayswater. There is also lots of shops and restaurants near by at Queensway. Our room itself was really small but was clean and the bathroom was new. There was also aircon/heating which could be adjusted as you like. There was only free internet in public areas which did not correspond to the advertisement. Would not recommend eating breakfast there as it was £15 each for a cold breakfast which was not very appetizing. All in all it was good value considering the location and local amenities and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are executive rooms which I imagine would be more spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mandar D, Manager at London Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill is a good hotel.
It's not luxurious but it´s nice and gives you what you need for a pleasant stay.
The room was small but confortable. The bed was too small, I'm 1,82m and i've sleept with my feet out of the bed.
The bathroom was nice with a very good shower and the heated floor.
The free wi-fi was also a nice feature but the signal in the bedroom was too weak.
The breakfast was good, there was a little bit of everything. It's more than enough for the start of a new day visiting London.
The breakfast room was very small, more than 10/12 people and it was too crowded and noisy.
The best thing about this hotel is really it's location. It's near the Bayswater Tube and Bus Stations, near Hyde Park, Notting Hill (Portobello Road Market, etc) and there are a good variety of restaurants near the hotel. Basically it's on walking distance of a lot of interesting place.
If you don't have lots of money to spend, but want to be in a central hotel, I think this is a nice choice for you.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the lower floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple