“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #356 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Belfort
“Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We loved this hotel. Just enough off the beaten path to have quite nights and very close to three metro stops. It's located in a beautiful area of Notting Hill, there are a bunch of wonderful restaurants, pubs, and shopping and just a quick tube ride away to anything else that you would like. The front desk staff was welcoming and friendly. The hallways and rooms were a bit warm, but we cracked open our window and found the perfect temperature for us. The room we were in was small but cozy. But I think small rooms are just kind of a standard for London. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. We had a room with a wonderful view of the park across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mandar D, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill for your recent visit to London. We really appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill was able to meet your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill.

Warm Regards
Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Witney, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Fantastic location – less than 5 mins walking distance from the Oxford Tube bus stop, tube stations, right by Hyde Park and Kensington Palace plus the bonus of Notting Hill shops and restaurants.

The hotel staff are very friendly and eager to please. We looked a couple of rooms and chose one that was spacious with a great bathroom. However we were quite disturbed during the night as the room was right at the front in the basement. We could hear every cleaner go in and out of the storage cupboard, coming down the stairs by the street and smoking outside late in to the night and early in the morning. However, we chose this room as it was bigger than other rooms and also was available so we could check in a little earlier. So I guess this was the compromise that we made.

Overall it was ideal for our overnight stay in London as it is conveniently placed - swift to get in and out as well as close to transport links to get around the city.

Room Tip: We stayed in a bigger basement room with a large window to the front which meant we had noise disbur...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
i am very delighted that our hotel is your favorite in London and my team and I are determined to keep it this way.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate the team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

It is a pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was transferred to this hotel by the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. Same story I've seen a thousand time on here regarding 'maintenance issues' and rooms not being available. I think this chain has a total bait-and-switch approach to business, where they overbook and just put people where ever they have openings. In this case, I really drew the short straw, because the tiny basement room that they put me in was smelly, dirty, and full of bedbugs. I spent 3 days there, and came home having to throw away my luggage and disinfect everything I own. If you don't like itching and feeling like things are crawling all over you, don't stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms in the basement are infested with bedbugs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank smfstat
Firstly let me thank you for choosing to stay at the Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill. Furthermore, may I express my appreciation to the feedback that you have given to us regarding your stay.

We are surprised to hear about the bed bugs complaint. The presence of bed bugs is not something any hotel would be proud of; however, I am willing to acknowledge that such an occurrence is indeed possible. I can assure you that it is not a familiar issue at the Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill

We also maintain the hygiene and preventive measures in our premises and we also monitors mattress and bedding, headboards, picture frames and inspect upholstery furniture on a daily basis. I have gone through housekeeping checklist as well and could not found any incident reported over the past in that room.

On Receipt of your complaint I have sent investigator and bed bugs detection team. They examined room and all surrounding rooms and found no evidence of bed bugs in any of nearby room. I have also called our contracted Pest control agency to investigate the matter and they found no evidence of any insect or bugs, we had another guest stayed in and checked out with no complaints and even before also we never had history of any such incident. I appreciate your frustration based on experience, had we been notified about the issue during the stay we would have immediately moved the room and investigate and resolved the issue then and there itself.

We have a “Standard Bed Bugs operating procedures” in place and each of our staff has been professionally trained to identify and action a possible bed bug infestation immediately. It is our internal policy to check all the rooms in daily basis and we keep a log so that our clients can be sure of our hotel that takes their wellness in to concerns at all times.

Once again, please accept our sincerely apology for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

With Regards

Mandar Dhage.
Halesworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. Staff were very helpful and accomodating. I chose this hotel because there was no wifi in the room - as it can give me a headache. I am planning to come to London again and will certainly book this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and the hotel was okay for just that. Not suitable for long stay, there was a bit of false advertising, we booked a queen size room and when I got to the hotel the staff told me there were only double rooms. The staff were friendly but I got a room on the bottom floor close to the outdoor air-conditioning unit and it was so noisy when trying to sleep. The location was fine, just one stop from central line.

Would stay again, only if guarenteed a room that's not on the bottom floor

Room Tip: Do not stay on the bottom floor, close to air-conditioning unit that's very noisy
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Small rooms and as most say paper thin walls and floors. Staff OK but this is just about a 3 star property at best, also the cleaner arrived at 3pm just as we arrived home from being out so the room went unlceaned for the day.

Will not be returning and people should be aware, struggled to find room pictures after booking as a secret 4 star hotel. The secret is it is not four star!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill, We appreciate your comments and we promise that we will try our very best to serve you in th best way possible in order to ensure that we can provide you with one of the most wonderful stays you ever had.

May i kindly request you to please email me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com regarding the details of your booking so that we can investigate further in detail.

Thank you very much for your paitence & support.

With regards

Mandar Dhage.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Having stayed earlier this year with my style-hungry niece and hugely enjoyed the chic bijou comfort of this boutique hotel in bohemian LDN.I'm returning next year with my world -wearied partner who I know will LOVE this place as much as I did.Just a short walk from the off-beat shopping haven of the Portobello Rd;a middling walk to Hyde Park and a jump to multi-layered Ladbroke Grove -the area deserves more than a perfunctory stroll through on the way to the Tube.In fact the buses are closer and give a better feel for the neighbourhood if you HAVE to t visit the typical tourist haunts.Ignore the haters-they have very unrealistic expectations.And by the way;this place does a really tasty buffet cooked English breakfast-which most establishments of a similar size DON'T even offer. AND their website offers some great value deals.Our room even had a mini kitchenette so money can be saved on eating out by room picknicking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mary v
Mandar D, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill for your recent visit to London. We really appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill was able to meet your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill

Warm Regards