“Concert Stay over”

Ranked #540 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Concert Stay over”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was booked into this hotel to go see a concert at the 02, unfortunately the concert was cancelled, but the staff at the hotel were really nice and helpful, the rooms were comfortable and so near to the 02 it would have been ideal, tube and bus station just across the road to get in and around London. Breakfast was ok, but missing bacon and fried eggs, but considering it was in with the price it was good value. would recommend asking for a rear facing room as it was a hot sunny evening and the road was very noisy with the window open. All in all good value for money

Room Tip: depends on if you want good view of 02 or a quiet room at rear of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear SALG52,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docklands Hotel.

I am pleased your found the team nice and helpful and our location great for the O2. I do hope you will choose to stay with us on the rescheduled concert.

Tracie Barrie
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

After a four hour drive we arrived at the holiday inn, the reception area and restaurant are beautifully decorated.
At check inn I was told that I had made an error & booked a twin room for one. I told them this was erroneous & showed them my confirmation email, clearly stating a booking for two.
I was then told that even though I had booked a double room, it was at the hotels discretion whether or not it was allocated to us & that a twin was the only one they had available. I had booked the room two weeks in advance, we arrived promptly at check in, so I fail to see why we did not get the room we wanted. The staff did give us free parking & showed us to the twin room, which was nothing special and the desk had a large white stain on it. After five minutes in the room the staff contacted us and said that a double room had just become available. We decided to take the room, but that was dated as well with signs of wear, as there were marks on the carpet and rust on the grab rails. The bed wasn't very comfortable, but the pillows were nice & soft. Breakfast was disappointing only offering, sausage, scrambled egg, & beans for the warm option. The manager did contact me to apologise for the problems we had had & I asked him why we were allocated the twin room and why they should expect people to pay full price for a room they do not want. I have yet to receive a reply. The location of the hotel is great 5 minutes away from the tube & only a few stops from the city but the area is ver urban & the views aren't great.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Rebecca T
Tracie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear RebeccaT,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Royal Docks.
I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and you left the hotel disappointed.
We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your review of the Hotel. They are really helpful to us as they help us to recognise what is important to our guests and where we can improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to London.

Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, choosing it because of the brilliant deal we got through Booking.com and because of its proximity to the O2 - we were here for the Barbra Streisand concert. It's about 5 minutes walk to Canning Town Station and is only one stop to the O2. Unfortunately, they chose this weekend to close part of the Jubilee Line for engineering works. However, we managed to work around it and had a great stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable for what we needed.

Only criticism? The morning after Barbra, lots of people were coming down late for breakfast because it had been such a late night. Staff had to be asked several times to replenish various sections in the buffet area. Perhaps they should have been a little more prepared?

Otherwise a great stay and would have no hesitation in recommending or staying again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear SueHR51,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the team friendly and our location good for the O2. I am sorry you had problems with the breakfast, this can happen sometimes when all guests arrive at the same time and it is all hands on deck.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to London.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

When you feel cleaner before you enter the shower than on leaving then you know you are entering the realms of inadequate accommodation - the realms of this rather grubby hotel. The entrance and bar area look great and they are currently painting some of the rooms, so long as this refurb continues and the carpets, beds and dingy rooms are also revamped then it may passable. At present it is a very basic, grubby hotel the only attraction being its location. Would I stay again? Probably not, thanks to google and trip advisor I am sure I could find somewhere better! Oh and believe me I don't enter hotels looking for perfection, just basic cleanliness is all I require.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Coats-do-roam,

I am pleased that you found our location great for the O2 however, I am sorry that you found the room to be basic and barely clean. As you mentioned in your review we are in the process having our rooms refurbished. I do hope you will give us a chance to show you how great we can be on your next visit to London.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Attended a Barbra Streisand concert at the O2 .This Hotel is 1 tube stop away .The room was clean .The Hotel it self more than adequate for a couple of nights stay .The Breakfast was fine .Scrambled Egg .Sausage .Croissants etc were fine .The staff were friendly .Also their is a small bar by the Reception .The walk form Canning Town Tube station to the Hotel is 5 mins .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear bradley164,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the location ideal for your overnight visit to see Barbra Streisand at the O2 Arena.

Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Hull
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here cos it was easy access to the 02 arena,we were going to see Beyonce. The guy at reception checked us in quickly with no problems and ordered us taxis to the 02. Rooms were comfortable and all clean. We didnt have breakfast there but it looked very nice,we went to mcdonalds which is just across the road. Overall nice and staff were lovely and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tracie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear HayleyHullHull,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docklands.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us whilst visiting the O2 Arena to see Beyonce in concert. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to London.

Fareham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Went to see Depeche Mode at the O2 and after searches found this hotel had a good rating. I have to say it is very well suited for events held at the O2, it is only 1 stop from North Greenwich (and from what I can tell the opposite direction on the Tube from the majority that left the gig) Room was clean, spacious and the buffet breakfast in the morning included sausages, scrambled egg and continental buffet selections. No problems at all and the staff were helpful and friendly when needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pill J,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the location perfect for your visit to the O2 Arena to see Depeche Mode.