“Value for Money”

Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands
Ranked #550 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights during Dec-end and Jan beginning. The rooms were nice and neat,. The best part was that the hotel was situated next to Canning Town station so make local commute very easy.
The staff were very helpful. When we asked for an extended check out they were pretty welcoming, That was conforting, The Breakfast can have more options .. but than I believe in you get what you pay for. So no complians from the options provided.
Good stay for a business / budget travel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
SHAUN F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear AvantikaBansal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docklands Hotel.

I am glad that overall you liked your stay with us and that you found us to be good value for money. We will be trialing some new items for breakfast soon so you should come back to try them.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I made a quick overnight trip to attend an event in central London. The hotel is extremely convenient to London City Airport, as it is situated just a few hundred metres from the Canning Town DLR station.

Staff was very courteous and helpful.

The breakfast was very basic.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mark S,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

we only payed 86 euro for 2 adults + 1 child / night, the room and hotel was clean. Check in fast and easy

good parking place (10 pounds) and 1200meter from Exel center.

Breakfast was included but average. No hot choco , no cheese.

Wifi not included.

Room Tip: Rooms side of the parking place are more quited, other rooms next to busy road.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear PolBrenda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here in December 2012 and had a pleasant night. The checkin was quick and easy and the receptionist was very welcoming! Our room was clean and came with a tv with free view.

Chose this hotel due to good location being close to Canning Town station so the view wasn't the best but the bed was comfortable and there were no outside noises. Would recommend the hotel improving the shower and the shower head is very basic but other than that I would recommend to anyone looking for a decent room in a good location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
SHAUN F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear shauna b,

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express London - Royal Docklands Hotel.

I am so please you found the hotel and the location to your liking, I'm sorry the view wasn't the best but if you request one of our top floor rooms most of the views off Canary Wharf especially in the evening are very nice.

I do hope you choose to visit us again soon

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a classic holiday inn express with very clean and good sized rooms( you can also open the window). We stayed 4 nights and we really enjoyed our stay, also because of the kindness of the staff that was always available and helpful. The only complaint is about the mattress of our double bed: it sank in the middle. As said before the location is 5 m. from Canning Town station, there is a local supermarket 100 m away, and a bigger one( Coop) on Barking rd 400 m away. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back and it was quiet even with the open window
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
SHAUN F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear sandripera,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write review of the hotel on tripadvisor.

I am so very pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be friendly and helpful. Thank you for the wonderful detail on the distances to the Tube station and such.

I do hope that you choose to visit us again very soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was quite looking forward to my stay here - I'm a loyal Hilton customer (sometimes opting for Hampton or Homewood Suites, so I'm happy with budget hotels too) but on this occasion the Holiday Inn Express in Canning Town seemed to fit my needs perfectly. I was looking forward to seeing how Holiday Inn compares to my usual choice. I was out on the Saturday evening, and due in on an early shift at work on the Sunday morning, my priorities were a good night's sleep and a nice breakfast before work. Didn't really get either of those!

Not directly related to this hotel - but things got off to a poor start when I contacted someone via the Holiday Inn website live chat facility to ask about breakfast on a Sunday morning, and was told 6.30am. Luckily, I did double check directly with the hotel, so was aware it is actually 7am before I booked - that would just about give me time to have breakfast before work, so I went ahead with the booking. However, although the sausages were very well done and may well have been ready several hours previously, there was no juice (both juice machines were dispensing either water or a vaguely orange-coloured watery liquid) and no teaspoons. I do believe these were supplied from about 7.20am onwards, but I was having to head off to work by then. Other than that, the breakfast would have been actually ok - a basic but adequate selection very similar to other budget hotels like Hampton and Homewood.

Check in and check out were both ok, nothing remarkable. The room itself was perfectly adequate, seemed pretty quiet and warm. It was all quite basic, but that's what I expected - basic essentials provided, without the added expense of a luxury hotel. It was when I tried to sleep at just after 10pm that I realised how noisy it was - they had allocated me a room directly above the bar area on the 1st floor, and there was thumping music coming up through the floor. I think the music stopped around 10.30pm, which I guess is reasonable. Would have been nice to have been allocated a higher or quieter room. Also at just after 6am I was woken up by some people screaming and shouting in the car park just outside my room. It was in the hotel grounds, but I couldn't make out if they were locals wandering through, or hotel staff. Probably the former, and I'm not holding it against the hotel - just worth mentioning as I remember from years ago when I lived in the area, you do get a bit of noise nearby. Didn't affect me too much, as it was time to get up anyway, just not the nicest of wake-up calls!

The bathroom was quite ok, and everything was quite clean. The bed was fairly comfortable, but did seem to sag towards the middle - may have been a bit awkward for two, but luckily I was alone this time.

I would stay here again - the location is perfect for my work place at North Greenwich, just one stop away on the tube, and the price is reasonable. I was just expecting a lot more, and it didn't really live up to my expectations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear e16Guy,

I'm sorry you were not too impressed, That certainly is not the the impression we want to give you or anyone else.

I am curios about this on line Holiday Inn Chat help line you went too as I am not aware of it. I can confirm our breakfast times are 6:30 - 9:30 am Monday - Friday and 7:00 - 10:00am at the weekends.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here for one night mid-week and was impressed by the quality of the room (modern decor in good condition). The room wasn't especially large but it had everything I neededd and was warm and quiet so I got a good night's sleep which is the most important thing for me.

The location is convenient for the tube/DLR station although as others have noted there isn't much else in the area. This suited me as I was only in the hotel to wash and sleep, and it was an easy journey into the City (25 minutes) or to Stratford's new shopping centre.

Breakfast was also goodeven though it was free. The choice of items was limited, but there was a mixture of hot food (sausages, scrambled eggs and beans), pastries and cereals - more than enough for a quick but filling start to the day.

Service at check in was efficient and it was a reasonable price for the room. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and would return if needing to stay in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear RS10675,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and you appreciated us for what we are.