“Excellent Place -- Heaven in Wandsworth Town”

Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth
Ranked #260 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Excellent Place -- Heaven in Wandsworth Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hello,

I had stayed in Holiday Inn, the one located at Wandsworth town for 2 weeks.

It was an awesome experience...i really enjoyed my stay there..Very convenient place... nice breakfast..

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was good only about 200m from the train and bus with Mc donalds nearby,,,,

Excellent place to relax..nice rooms...with proper cleanliness..

Also would like to mention about the 3 staff who were very helpful, polite and decent all the time ...keep it up people..good service...well done..!!!

Names :-

Peter
Anne-Marie
Hazel

Regards,
Elvis

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Elvis F
James D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Elvis F,

Thank you for such a great review of your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth. I will share with Peter, Hazel, Anne-Marie and the rest of the team your comments. It's great when we get such positive feedback as we love making sure that all our guests feel welcome and relaxed in the hotel.

I'm pleased to read that the location was ideal for you - the train is very handy for getting into Central London in just 15 minutes. I hope that if you stay with us again the future we make it another awesome experience.

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel has a lot of positives. It is clean, stylish and the staff are very friendly. (Hazel at breakfast was charming). The rooms are well designed for couples, but they reach their limits for families. The biggest disappointment were the quality of the sofa bed. Nowhere near good enough, with thin wire filled mattresses, and a base which is nowhere near level. I defy anyone to get a good night sleep on these. I would encourage the managers to have a try! With the exception of this, it was a good choice.

1 Thank snetts456
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in July as a base to visit London. We are a family of 6 so had 2 rooms booked. They were ready for early check in on our arrival day-which was great as we could nap before heading to see some sights.

We found the beds very comfortable-one thing I have found in Europe is they do not have top sheets or face cloths. The duvet was very comfortable. We were on the 4th floor and found it very quiet.

The staff were helpful and friendly-especially Hazel in the breakfast buffet. There was adequate food to start your day but the hot choices were limited.

We found the location great with the Wandsworth Town station a 5 minute walk away and that could get you to Waterloo quickly where you could hop many tube lines.

Would definitely stay again!

2 Thank fourdarlings1997
Dear fourdarlings2007,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express, London Wandsworth. Great to read that we managed to check you in early, just what you need after a longhaul flight - we do always try and let guests check in early should we have rooms available. The hotel is a good base in London with train connections into Central London taking just 15 minutes. I will pass on your kind comments to Hazel and all of the team, we work hard to make sure all our guests are made to feel welcome and relaxed. Come and see us next time you vacation in London.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I came to London on a business stay for 2 months. I spent initial 2 weeks in Holiday Inn, wandsworth town. The experience was amazing !
The staff welcomes you as if you are one of their family members. The rooms are beautiful and stuffed with the required facilities. The WiFi is unbeatable. The free breakfast menu is a gala variety to choose from. All the services are very spontaneous. I would preferably like to recommend their members of staff (Peter, Annie Marie & Hazel) who go extra-mile to delight their customers. The overall experience is a memory to keep. I wish i hadn't left. Good job Holiday Inn. Cheers !!

Deepak & Elvis

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. I stayed on the 3rd floor so can't suggest anything better than that :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear mdeepak2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express, London Wandsworth. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your 2 weeks and I will ensure that Peter, Anne-Marie, Hazel and the rest of the team get to read your review. It's great that you were made to feel welcome and that you felt part of the family here.

Breakfast is brilliant for setting you up for a busy day in London and because it's included in the price you can have as little or as much as you like. Wi-Fi is also included in all room rates so you can stay connected with your work or loved ones. I hope that you will visit us next time you're in London on business.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had another wedding, this time at The Thames Rowing Club at Putney Embankment. The reccomended Hotel suggested by our hosts was the Hoilday Inn Express at Wansworth.
We were delighted at then Hotel as it proved much better than i had envisaged, For some reason I had the Holiday Inn Express's in my mind as a basic place to stay in. I was proved very wrong.
All the staff were excellent from the reception to the Breakfast Lounge, they couldn't do enough for us.
The rooms were excellent value, very clean and comfortable. The choices of hard or soft pillows was a nice touch.
The breakfast included in the cost, was adequate, and enough to start the day.
All in all a very impressive Hotel for the cost.
Would definitely stay at another Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear howieR,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the hotel. Glad that you had a great weekend with us while attending the wedding. We take pride in looking after everyone that stays with us, and I'm pleased to read that you found our rooms comfortable. I will share your comments with the team regarding the service you received, especially with the breakfast team - thanks for such positive feedback.

Many thanks,

James Dale
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We arrived late and were asked by staff if we wanted two single beds or a double. I thought this was strange as we were clearly a couple and had already pre-booked. When I said that we wanted a double, I got a strange look from one of the male receptionists. The other male must have picked up on it and tried to cover up for the other males indiscretion, but made it worse when he explained that when you get a cheaper deal, you don't always get a choice. He then told us that breakfast was 6.30 until 10.30 and because we arrived late, we went into breakfast at 9.40 and it had finished at 9.30am. It wasn't a good start for our stay there, but we found the hotel to be very modern and clean. We enjoyed the breakfast the other days were there and the staff looking after the breakfasts were very friendly and made you feel very welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer S
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth. I'm pleased to read that you found our hotel modern and clean, and the breakfast staff warm and welcoming. Sorry that your initial impression of the hotel may have been a little marred but glad that we got it right in the end. I will share your comments with the team and hope that you enjoyed your time in London.

Tel Aviv
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed with my wife and my young girl for a week vacation in London. Because folding sofa was opened the room was cramped and narrow. Double mattress was too soft and springy. Once my wife moved to one side, I jumped. Also I encountered bad service: The first night we noticed the folding couch unbalanced because its legs were broken. I complained to reception and they said there was no evening service. They replace it only at next day while my young girl has to sleep unsafely. Breakfast is simple and unvaried. The hotel is located far from central London. Although the train station is closed the frequency during the day is 10-15 minutes and the transit to the tube at Waterloo requires long walk is long and uncomfortable. To sum up my stay at this hotel was disappointing.

Room Tip: Choose a quite room opposite the parking lot ' the other side to main road is noisy.
2 Thank Zeev D
Dear ZeevD,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel. I'm sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay on this occasion. I will share your comments with the team. We always try and offer outstanding customer service and I'm sorry that your first night was disrupted due to the issue with the sofabed. Should you wish to discuss this further please don't hesitate to contact me on sgsm@hiexpresslondonwandsworth.co.uk.

James Dale