Stayed at Easter weekend - checking in on Good Friday. There was apparently a big problem with overbooking at our arrival (we were initially told we would need to move to Old Street). However as we needed to be in Wandsworth/Battersea for a course (being run nearby over 2 days) they managed to squeeze us in. The overbooking issue was clearly not the fault of the local staff who, despite having to deal with this horrendous situation, were impeccably professional and polite.
But that was the only blip associated with our stay.
We had a twin room on the fifth floor - on the river side of the hotel. With the air conditioning switched off (not needed that weekend), it was pin drop quiet during the night (once, by 11pm, the other residents had stopped moving around the corridor).
The room and shower room were very clean and modern. Comfortable beds. Only one very minor complaint (which is common to a lot of hotel rooms) - there is too little in the way of towel rails (two rails is fine for a hand towel and bath towel in a single room but is not enough for a twin room).
Breakfast was great. Plenty for us to eat.
We were pleased with this hotel and will use it again if we need to be in this part of London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth and enjoy a different side to capital life, South West side, the convenience of the city without all the hustle and bustle. It's only a 2 minute walk to Wandsworth Town train station; the train to London Waterloo from there only takes 12 minutes, its 3 minutes to Clapham Junction and 35 minutes to Gatwick Airport. If you're driving we have a limited number of on-onsite parking spaces which are available on a first come, first served basis. Of course there's free WiFi throughout the hotel and every guest can enjoy breakfast no matter what rate you book on. Rooms have air conditioning, en suite shower room, flatscreen TV, hair dryer, work desk and tea and coffee. If you chose to dine out, take your pick of excellent restaurants and bars along the Old York Road or by the River Thames. Close by there are walks of the River Thames, Kew Gardens and the Landmark Battersea Power Station, all this plus the local gems of Putney and Clapham. Guests visiting on their leisure time stay with us and visit London's top sporting venues including Chelsea's Stamford Bridge, Fulham Football Club, Wimbledon, The Oval and Twickenham, The Royal Albert Hall and not forgetting Earls Court Exhibition Centre. With easy access to the centre of London just on our doorstep, we regularly welcome business travellers, who tell us the location along with the free WiFi access is ideal for them. The hotel is also a great 'out of town' venue to hold small meetings, we can host up to 25 and have some great meetings offers available. Whatever your reason to stay we look forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth England