$253
The Arch London(London)
$587
$290
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Pool
$275
$260
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$149
$128
$117
$205
$171
Travelocity
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$234
$220
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $257/night.

1,149 results
All reviewssouthwark tube stationborough marketsouth bankbeanstate modernhi expressmillennium bridgeglobe theatrejubilee linelondon eyewalking distancefree breakfastthe sofa bedyogurtst paul's cathedralminute walkclean hotel
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I arrived at St Pancras and from there there is a train to London Blackfriars which is 5 minutes walking from the hotel.
From the hotel it is possible to go to the several central areas of London such as Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, etc. The distance is about 15-25 minutes walking but it is a nice promenade, but of course if you stay several days you could do this just one or two times.
The hotel is in quiet area and there is no noise.
The breakfast is a standard one and the service is very good because the staff is very friendly.
The prices are very competitive for the location you have.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Francesco M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Rosario_it

Thank for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased to read you found the staff friendly and the location suitable to your trip requirements. We deliver a service that is Simple, Smart, Spot on. I have already shared your feedback with the rest of the team and I hope you will choose us again in the not to distant future.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed for a week whilst working near London Bridge & found the hotel to be good value for money. There was free wifi & complimentary breakfast (nothing special.. but a few cereals, toast & preserves and basic English breakfast). My only minor complaint was I was on the main road side of the hotel, so there was quite a bit of noise from the street below, the hotel had provided ear plugs though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Francesco M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Sarah B

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our central location and free wireless and I will certainly share your feedback with the rest of the team. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the external noise which unfortunately is not in our control. Many thanks again and I hope you will stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Good location, clean, and with all the basic facilities - nothing special. Free WiFi is a plus. My bed was a bit on the hard side, and the room was directly opposite the lift, so I heard people come and go. Otherwise it was OK. Breakfast was average. The fruit compote hadn't been defrosted, and the cooked choice was limited - overdone scrambled eggs, sausages, and beans (no bacon, although that didn't bother me since I am vegetarian). Incidentally, I really dislike the fact that it's advertised as 'free breakfast'. How is it free? I paid £128 for my room and I consider that to be a gigantic sum of money for a night's sleep. Yes, the mantra is that London prices are steep, but for that price I think I have paid handsomely for breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't go for a room ending in number 01 because that will be opposite the lift.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Francesco M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear moraygal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I am disappointed to read that you were not fully satisfied with our breakfast. Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team here to ensure we can enhance our breakfast food offer. With regards to the rate you paid I would like to remind you that the hotel is centrally located and during strong demand times our rates usually sit above the 150 pounds mark.
Many thanks again for your feedback and I hope you will choose the Holiday Inn Express brand in the near future.

Deputy General Mananger

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to find this 3 star hotel had so much going for it that I would definately stay again.
I went for two nights in March 2014, and travelled with my work friend and my daughter.
We booked a room suitable for three people.
On arrival we were met with very polite and heipful staff, who took our luggage and secured it for us while we had a browse around, we visited the very nearby Borough foodmarket, which was weel worth a visit.
On returning we were given our luggage and room keys, and were pleasantly surprised with a good sized room with a double bed, and a double sofa bed, which had been made up for us, and we all agreed the beds were very comfortable, we even had a choice of soft or firm pillows, more often associated with a four or five star hotel..
There was tea and coffee making facilities, air con, TV, free wi fi in all rooms, and a very nice bathroom with seperate toilet and walk in shower.
The double glazed windows had additional sliding glass panes to cut out any traffic noise, and we were left complimentary sleep masks and earplugs should you want them.
Unlike travelodge, we were supplied with dove body wash, shampoo, and body lotion, and plenty of fresh white fluffy towels.
The breakfast was served from 730am until 10.30am, and you could just take as much as you wanted of fruit juice, fruit, cereals, scrambled egg, beans, and good quality sausages, also chocolate crossaints, yoghurts, coffee and various teas.

The hotel is in a quiet area of London, less than 10 mins walk of Southwark tube station on the jubilee line, which took us to link up to anywhere we wanted to go, and we went to camden town, covent garden twice, harrods, oxford st, regent street, soho, buckingham palace, for three days and a £20 oyster card each was sufficient for all our travel,

We ate in local pubs five mins walk from the hotel, at prices from £5 to £10 for a meal, also in the next street is a tesco express and sainsburys to bring a tipple back to the room, and the hotel were pleasedto give us glasses of ice from the bar with no questions, I would be back, great value, and service

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank jojohanna

Dear Jojohanna

Thank for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express - London Southwark. It is great to see that the hotel was up to your expectations and you found the staff friendly and helpful. I have already shared your positive feedback with rest of the team here and I hope will choose us again next time you visit London.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed there 2 nights while travelling though SE England. 15 minutes walk from London Bridge train station. Poor bus connexions to central London. Not a really nice location and still pretty Noisy at night. Still great friendly and helpfull staff, to make your accomodation easy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Francesco M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear SandyD

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to read that you were not fully satisfied with the location of the hotel. We are in the very hearth of Southbank and from the bus stop located just 1 minute walk from the hotel you can catch the RV1 bus which takes you to the West End in just 15 minutes. On a separate note I am glad that you found our team friendly and helpful and I will certainly share your feedback with them. Many thanks again for your comments and I hope you will stay with us again in the not too distant future.