We were aware that we arrived at the HI too early to check into our room; it was only 8am. The staff was wonderfully acommodating,and not only showed us where to change clothes (the lobby bathroom is large and clean), they also stored our baggage, and asked if we would like to eat at the breakfast that was included in the room price--though we had not stayed with HI for the night, yet. I also had asked, when I booked, that our room be on a high floor, and away from the elevators. The young lady at the desk gave us 2 different room options, but actually came up with an even better option,by the time we returned to our room, around 2pm that day. We appreciated their trying to acommodate our requests,and during our stay, did everything they could to continue doing this during our 3 days at this property.; whether it was for ice (free), or local information,among other things.
We had booked the larger, family room, and while it is not huge, was very clean,comfortable, and ample for our stay. The bathroom is unusual, but was still good sized,and very clean. It was also nice that there was hand soap, and Dove liquid bath soap and shampoo, in a handy dispenser on the shower wall. The bed is firm, but comfortable, and the air conditioner works well. As we left early, each day, we saw housekeeping in the hall, beginning her day. We let her know we were leaving, and our room was clean each day, when we returned, around 3pm.
The Southwark location is great. Borough Market is an easy walk, as well as a tube station, and walking to the Tower Bridge. We moved to the Covent Garden area to meet friends arriving,after 3 days, but were glad we had a chance to experience Southwerk (they pronounce it "Southerk").
It's true the breakfast is not what Americans are "used to",but this is England! We surely didnt go hungry, as there was yogurt, fruit,eggs, sausages, good coffee machines, and chocolate croissants I enjoyed with my cafe au lait, every day.
This is a good alternative to the expensive hotels closer to the City,clean comfortable, and quiet, and gives you a view of a different area of London,while being able to get everywhere you'll want to go, from the Tube station just 4 minutes from the hotel.We'd gladly stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express-London Southwark, the ideal location for business and leisure travellers visiting London. The hotel is situated on the south-bank of the River Thames and only minutes away from major London tourist attractions, such as the New Tate Modern, Shakespeare s Globe Theatre, St Paul's Cathedral, Royal Festival Hall, The Shard, The London Eye, which offers spectacular views of the London sky-line, and many more. The Holiday Inn Express London Southwark features 136 contemporary style bedrooms, all individually air conditioned offering guests a comfortable, warm and friendly stay. All our rooms have en-suite facilities, power shower, direct dial telephones, modem points at work stations with Free WiFi and Freeview television. In addition, the hotel is in close proximity to both Southwark Tube only a short distance from direct access to Westfield Stratford City, the O2 & Canary Wharf via the Jubilee line and Blackfriars Station Terminal with access to the Circle and District lines, allowing convenient access to attractions in the heart of London such as Leicester Square and London s Theatreland. All bedrooms have recently been renovated and the hotel has a newly refurbished lobby, great room and breakfast room. Free breakfast is also offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London- Southwark Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark England