“Nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark
Ranked #425 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

For an express it was as you would expect!! Room small but more than adequate & bathroom smaller with that ridiculous door!! But spotlessly clean. What makes up for the above however is the staff @ this hotel-they all went over & above what is required of them,so pleasant & helpful-probably best staff at a hotel I have ever come across 5 star customer service! A big thanks to Georgia this morning who went out of her way & found us some form of breakfast cos we missed the sitting which finished @ 10.30!! Staff really make this hotel,def would stay again

• Stayed May 2013
Stephen W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear D0nnaD0nna
Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us & thanks for your kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and helpful team that are working here. I think they are a great team too! but I would say that!!
I hope we see you again soon and I have shared your feedback with the team and specifically Georgia.
Kind Regards - Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Treviso, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

It takes a 5 minutes walk to reach The Bank, S. Paul Cathedral and the Tower Bridge as well. The bedrooms are beautiful and comfortable. I feel like suggesting the breakfast too. I'd say it was just perfect.

Room Tip: Very close to the main attraction (it takes a 5 minutes walk to reach Bank City and Saint Paul Cathe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Laura P
Thanks for taking the time to let us have your review following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you found the hotel location great for your needs.
I have shared your feedback with the team here and we hope to see you again on your next visit to London. Kind Regards - Stephen
Sale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a very basic hotel. The bathroom was so small that when opened the door closed over the toilet so you had to re-open it to go to the loo, last time I saw that was in student accommodation.

The radiator was very noisy during the night and at one point I thought the window must be open due to the road noise from outside, sadly they were already closed and just very thin. My feet also stuck out over the end of the bed and I am average height at best. The breakfast was pretty good but not good enough to encourage me to stay here again.

No where near the quality of a standard Holiday Inn hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stephen W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Blue_Speke
Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise that the hotel did not meet your expectations on you last visit. We do have a mixed type of bedrooms and some of these are indeed smaller than others due to the nature & design of the building.

With regard to the maintenance issues that you have highlighted,we have investigated your acommodation details and carried out some remedial works to ensure that this noise problem is erradicated for the future. I do hope that you will try us again at some point in the future on your next visit to Holiday Inn Express hotels. Kind Regards - Stephen
Leeds, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Good hotel in very good location – close to the Tate and the Globe. Staff were helpful and welcoming. Excellent breakfast- lots of options including some hot options. My only gripe would be that the coffee is very weak. Room was small but fine. For what is probably predominantly a business hotel lighting in the bedrooms needs to be addressed- I had to give up early- and the rooms do need a lick of paint here and there. All in all a good hotel and I would be happy to say again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stephen W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear farthingate
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us following your recent stay. I was pleased to receive your feedback and have shared this with the team here. In particular, thanks for your comments about the strength of the coffee & we have adjusted the dispense level.
For your information, i thought it was important to let you know that we have just started a refrubishment programme for the existing 40 bedrooms which will consist of soft furnishings upgrades and redecoration in these bedrooms. Your comments came at an opportune moment! I hope we see you again on your next visit and thanks again for your feedback. Kind Regards - Stephen
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I ended up with this reservation from a priceline bid and could not have been happier. Clean room. All the staff we dealt with were personable, knowledgeable and helpful. Breakfast was a nice continental with good selections. The location was a leisurly 10 minute walk to Southwark tube and 12 minutes to Blackfriars. Would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear VAtravelingmom
Thanks for your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the HIEX Southwark. It was great to read that you had a brilliant stay with us and that you enjoyed the staff and hotel location. I have shared your feedback with the team here. Thanks again & i hope we see you again on your next visit to London. Kind Regards - Stephen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

were in london for the marathon weekend so everywhere was expensive. however this was well priced. rooms are not massive but then none are in london. everyhting was very clean. good powerful shower. nice modern oopen breatkfast area and a very good free breakfast. a good value hotel in a great location. don't miss going to borough market if you are staying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear fiona229
Thanks for taking the time to write a review following you recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you had a great stay and found the hotel suitable for your needs - I do hope we will see you again on your next trip. Thanks again! Kind Regards - Stephen
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have Parkinson's disease, but did not choose to mention this when booking a twin room for my daughter and myself. As soon as I approached the Reception desk the young lady summed up my situation and greeted us with ... " would you like an Accessible room?" From that moment we had wall-to-wall kindness from all the staff. I have drugs which need to be kept in the fridge - this was organised. I did not feel well enough to go out to eat - food was organised and sent to our room. We paid a very fair price for the room and would certainly book again.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing side road
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephen W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear ElizabethD
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the hotel. it was great to read your comments about how the team dealt with your needs and requirements during your stay with us. I have also shared this feedback with them. We were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London. Kind Regards - Stephen