“Nice hotel”

Ranked #480 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Go this room as was attending friends family event. Stayed for two nights and didn't try the bar or restaurant. Room was very tidy as was bathroom. However how they can charge the same amount of points as the kings cross hotel beats me as there was no gym or pool. Colour scheme of room was blue and lilac which I think they chose to relax you and aid with sleep. Bed was comfortable and ensuite only had a shower, however it was large and water was piping hot. Couple of pain retouched required in bathroom but nothing major. Couple of negative points. When asking for an iron and ironing board normally porter in hotel will bring it up. In this one the customer has to go and fetch it. If wanting a lie in pray that the cleaners don't clean the room next door. They batter the walls like there's no tomorrow. Area round about has lots of graffiti on buildings etc but it's the very impressive artistic type, even has a banksy across the road.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express London City

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed for a week while in London for business. The rooms are very clean and modern, though the lighting is more sexy than functional. The hotel is super close to the Tube and there are a lot of great restaurants in the area for dinner.

I have to commend Sojad Achach, who checked me in and assisted me during my stay. Her customer service skills and commitment to my contentment as a guest were phenomenal! She truly went above and beyond, which does not happen everywhere (I say with confidence as I travel the globe monthly). I even wrote the GM to sing her praises as I was so impressed by her!

The staff is great here, location convenient to transit and the hotel very good! Would recommend with confidence.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TD1977
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We enjoyed our stay but the hotel is expensive for the quality of the rooms they have. The breakfats is fine (woth the type of hotel it is), but i was really disappointed by the housekeeping! We arrive on saturday morning, the bedshit di not get change till tuesday evening, and on tuesday morning I requested housekeeping to change it they say "ok" but did not. on monday night my socks dropped under the blanklet, I found them back there on tuesday night whane I was about to sleep. Ate some crakers that dropped on the floor, it was still there on a day later. The housekeeping is seriously poor!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Safiatou T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London City, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Safiatou T,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Great location. Very clean throughout. Breakfast was basic but nice. Very average, nothing that made me go WOW. The only real problem was the loud (what sounded like) a water heating/boiler system? Kept waking me through the night so didn't get a good nights sleep. The bed was extremely comfortable though

Room Tip: I bought a hairdryer with me but the room had one so could of saved space in suitcase!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
City_General_Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London City, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

I’m really glad you found us in location.
I’m sorry you encountered a problem with some noise – we are experiencing some minor intermittent issues with our air conditioning system. Can you please email my Guest Services Manager, Tracy on gsmcity@holidayinnlondon.com and we can get some further information off you.

Thank you for your other positive comments

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Check in was fast and the room served. The rooms were adequately furnished although the toilet shower cubicle did not block the water after you showered and the floor would get very wet. Fittings were all working and was a pleasant stay. The breakfast was generous and a hot meal in cold London before the day ( Tube strikes and cold wind and rain ) would start you right!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closer to the lift lobby. Or else its a long walk.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and are front desk staff were quick with the check in!
The shower cubicle issue doesnt sound right at all - can you email my Guest Services Manager, Tracy on gsmcity@holidayinnlondon.com so that we can investigate this more and get this rectified.
Thank you again for your comments and review

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend as had a night out in Shoreditch, I requested an early check in as was arriving on an early flight, got the the hotel about 11am and was granted the early check in and also given a late checkout until 14:00 along with a welcome letter and free drink & snack voucher as a platinum IHG Rewards member.

Hotel included free wifi which admittedly was a little slow but it was free after all so I didn't mind at all! The staff were great, I asked at reception for directions to the venue we were going to on the Saturday and not only did they tell me but actually printed me a map too, I thought this was a great touch!

Room looked brilliant and the bathroom was lovely! Black tiles in bathroom and a blue colour scheme throughout the room, was really modern and looked recently renovated. Included with the room we also had breakfast, sausage, scrambled egg and beans great to start the day!

All in 5 stars for a great stay, will definitely stay again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for such a great review. I will make sure the team are passed on your feedback.
I hope you will visit us again when you are in London.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel and found it to be ideal for our stay. Room was clean and modern. Only complaint - the bed is a bit small. Breakfast was fine. It is well located for underground into centre of London which is only 2 stops from Kings Cross. Lots of shops and pubs around. overall Ideal for a visit to London.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple