Arrived Thursday 17 April and were greeted by friendly and helpful reception staff, we had requested a quiet room and were given 502 on the 5th floor with a view towards the wheel. Happy with the room and it was quiet by London standards. But the next morning the only lift broke down and being Good Friday we were told it would not be repaired that day. We were offered a ground floor room but we didn't want the noise of a low room so decided to do the climb for another day. The next day was cold so we put the radiators on and they rattled away but didn't get warm and the window would not close fully-- had been like this a while as the paintwork was chipped and the wood dented were the window frame had been banged hard in an effort to close it. We reported this and they did try to vent the radiator but it was as bad as before in an hour. We left on Monday, the fourth day without a lift. surely Holiday Inn can have a lift maintenance contract with a company that works 24/7 and if spares are needed they can be delivered overnight. I am an older guest so found the lift being out more than just an inconvenience. The hospitality tray was not for tea drinkers, Two tea bags on day one and only one tea bag on day two and I couldn't face the stairs without the lift to go down to the breakfast room 5 floors plus another to the basement to get more. Breakfast Ok, scrambled eggs were very dry as other reviewers have said but as a continental breakfast we were happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express London-Victoria. This central London hotel offers well appointed en-suite rooms with shower, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, in house pay per movies, bar, breakfast room, High Speed Internet Access also available at charge. Whether you are here on a short business trip or to explore the 'Sights and Sound' of London, this 'Budget Hotel' is perfect for both occasions. The hotel is ideally located for any one travelling to London via Gatwick Airport or Heathrow Airport. London Gatwick airport is just 35 minutes from London Victora where as London Heathrow is 15 minutes by Heathrow Express to London Paddington station from where the hotel is a short journey by underground or taxi.Closest Rail link: London Victoria Station. Closest Underground Station: Pimlico Underground Station. Closest Coach Station: London Victoria Coach Station. Closest Attractions: Tate Art Gallery, Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, West End Theatres & Shopping. Accommodation: Twin bed rooms with two single beds for max. 2 adults and double rooms with a double bed and a sofa for max. 4 adults or max. 2 adults and 2 children. Nearest Underground Station - Pimlico ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Victoria Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria England