“Victoria location Hotel”

Ranked #618 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Victoria location Hotel”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

About 5 minutes walk from Pimlico tube station. Hotel was clean and pleasnt with clean room facilities. Unfortunately glazing and windows at hotel front on Belgrave Road are useless even on third floor so traffic noise was there all night long.
Breakfast was surprising as there were cooked options in the mini buffet and there was plenty of other offerings so enough choice. I did not try the cooked options so I cannot comment on quality.
As the room was booked and paid for me by my client I have no idea how much it was but looking at other reviews I would definately conclude that it is overpriced for what was provided. I have previously stayed at none chain hotels across and up Belgrave Road and found more cost effective and quieter rooms.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the front of the hotel due to traffic noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HotelServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Trevor F,

Thank you for your feedback. I was very pleased to read some of your comments with regard to the cleanliness and the breakfast. We work hard to make sure all our guests stay are comfortable and enjoyable and we love to read the comments, when our hard work is appreciated. We have the rooms that face front as well as back. You may find our rooms at the back quieter. In future may I suggest putting a request when making the booking so that we can allocate a room at the back of the building.

We would be delighted to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards,

Ehab Ezeldin
Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
England
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Clean room, confusing layout, friendly staff.
But the breakfast - oh my lord!
I paid £125 for this room, which was a cheap deal, but I have had better breakfast in a £30 B&B!!!
There was only sausage, beans and pre-formed scrambled eggs - nothing more!
The sausages were as cheap, tasteless and no texture as you could possibly buy. If each sausage cost more than 10p I would be surprised. The beans were of the same quality. In the UK we eat 95% of the world production of baked beans, if you are going to get good you should get them here!!! As for the eggs..........

Would I go back - no
Would I recommend this place - no!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Cambridge
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I'm still trying to get my head round why the tiny, overheated and noisy room I stayed in at this hotel cost a staggering £234. It felt like student accommodation. At best it was clean, at worst it was stiflingly hot, the TV turned on involuntarily twice in the dead of night for no reason, I could hear every footstep in the rooms below and beside me and traffic roared past all night.
A terrible night was topped off by a depressing breakfast in a basement room, reached via a dark and narrow corridor. Every table was littered with uncleared plates and I ate my breakfast to the accompaniment of the dishwasher churning away in the kitchen.
I couldn't get out of there quick enough.
Oh, one last thing, the receptionist told me the nearest tube was Knightsbridge. Clearly nobody has shown her that Pimlico station is round the corner !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear BancroftCambridge,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is great that you recognize how clean our hotel is, the housekeeping team takes great pride in their work and they will be happy that it has been mentioned. I am terribly sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay and I apologize that they were not corrected in a timely manner. I understand your frustration with these issues and rest assured, I will follow up with the people responsible to ensure similar incidents won't happen in the future.

While I understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels on a regular basis and standards are usually the same throughout the chain. I am also a Platinum club member.

This was my first visit to this particular Holiday Inn Express and I used my club points to pay for the stay.

I arrived around 6pm and was checked in by Anthony who was pleasant and friendly but my registration card and keycard were not ready at the point of check in. I had to wait for Anthony to log on to a computer before I was handed my key to the room. The whole point of Priority Club is to be given Priority check in on arrival. This was certainly not the case.

I was allocated Room 401 and proceeded to the lift on the ground floor. The lift was extremely slow I regret not taking the stairs.

I arrived on the landing and walked through a couple of doors. The corridors were extremely narrow.

Trying to get into my room was a nightmare. I tried for 10 minutes trying to get the door to open. The light kept flashing red at all times and not green. I tried all ways for the keycard to work and it decided to work after 10 minutes. I was starting to get angry at this point and I had yet to enter the room.

On entering my room I was shocked. It was very small and claustrophobic. The walking space around the bed was so small I ended up having to stand on the bed to get from one side to the other.

The bathroom was also very cramped. To give you an idea of how cramped it was when I sat on the toilet my knees touched the front of the sink unit.

I was pleased to see dove shower cream in the two dispensers.

There is no air con in this hotel and I can understand why other reviewers have complained about the lack of air. The room was warm and stuffy even though I had the window open and the temperature outside was cool. I can't imagine how hot the rooms are in the summer. All that is provided is a small desk fan which is not satisfactory. There is no excuse for not having air con in hotel rooms.

To be honest I could not wait to get out of this room / hotel. One thing that annoyed me the most was the noise from neighboring rooms. I could hear every step from the guests above me and the lady in the next door room had a sneezing problem and I felt every sneeze the walls were that thin.

My bed linen was also stained. See photographs.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelServiceTeam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Dmawson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am very disappointed to read your comments.

There was no excuse for not having the pre-registration done prior to your arrival or to find the stain in the sheets. I have spoken to the person involved and they were both embarrassed of this oversight. Certainly you have pointed out an area where more training needed to avoid this in the future and we are working on this.

The type of building and its location means having an air conditioning was a real challenge and it’s something we have to live up with. But we are looking at ways to see how we can work around it.

I am sorry that on this occasion we fell short of our usual standards and your expectations. But if you give us another opportunity I am happy to show you the improvements we have made.

Kind regards,

Sachin Shrestha
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed October 31, 2012

A great experience. Kind and friendly.
One word : SUPPER
A short break away all that can be called successful.
The reception at the hotel was wonderful and friendly. Not too much effort to get further help. Only downside of London is the long queues at the sights. Conveniently, the hop on hop off tickets for the buses. Valid for two days, so the city well enough to be able to traverse.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HotelServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Mr R. Dirk,

We are delighted to read your review and very pleased to find that everything went smoothly during your visit to London. We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip and for spreading the word about your experience in our hotel.

We will be delighted to welcome you and your family again if your plans bring you back to London.

Kindest regards,

Guest Service Team
Genova
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've been in London from September 28 to October 1 with my wife and my children (4 - 6 years) from Italy.
It's been first time all together in London so we were very excited and nothing, i think, could change our enthusiasm.
Also this hotel is what we've expected:
- Clean room (very important with 2 children)
- Good breakfast (we're italian so a coffee and croissants for us is ok, can't judge "english" breakfast)
- Good Position (if someone will arrive here by underground, choose Pimlico very near to the hotel rather than Victoria Station (as we do.... :-(
- Staff very nice
So at the end i can recomend this simple hotel for a city break.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Stefano_71-GE
HotelServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Stefano_71-GE,

On behalf of all the staff at Holiday Inn Express London Victoria I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to London as well as for your kind review. We were encouraged to hear your positive thoughts are very pleased that you enjoyed your family trip.

We would be delighted to welcome you and your family back to the hotel, should your travel plans bring you back to London in the future.

Kind Regards,

Guest Service Team
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and i have just returned from a weekend break at this hotel ,never again.On arrival we were given a room at the rear the only windows were approximately nine foot up the wall very claustrophobic.To be fair the staff did give us another room with balcony when i complained.The breakfast the next morning had to be experienced to believe,sausage scrambled egg and beans the worst i,ve ever tasted so much so the next morning i only had toast after waiting over ten minutes for a member of staff to replenish the bread dispenser.to make a cup of tea was a nightmare nowhere to put your teabag no insruction or signs.And the final straw was watching the man from the desk trying for at least 10 minutes to pour a pint of lager eventually i had a bottle.

Room Tip: do yourself a favour dont use this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Ian I,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We are truly sorry to read that our hotel did not match your expectations.

We truly value our guest’s reviews, as these feedbacks can identify deficiencies in our services and help us improve. We have taken note of the issues you have brought up in your review and they will be investigated fully; where necessary further training will be carried out in order to prevent similar situations in the future.

Once again, we are sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay to the fullest. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel to show you that this has been an isolated experience.

Best Regards,