After an uncomfortable one night stay at a 'Cabin Hotel' at Gatwick Airport we moved into the city and stayed here due to it's close proximity to Victoria railway station and Pimlico Tube station. We expected more space than the 'Cabin' room but it was only a marginal increase ! The room was small and cramped with no A/C, only a fan. A delightful receptionist, Beatriz, checked us in and confirmed my booking request for a quiet room. As a Priority Club member I sometimes enjoy higher than standard accommodation but I suppose requesting some peace (a rear facing room) was better than having a noisy room as some reviewers had suffered. Being on the third floor overlooking a back lane I was amazed how the low window opened without limit. Parents be aware, as the small notice advised... The room was small but everything worked and for two nights it was fine. I enjoyed the breakfast of cereals, yoghurt, croissants and preserves as well as the hot dishes of scrambled eggs, sausages (rather overdone !) and beans. Machines dispensed coffee and delicious orange juice. Since a previous reviewer had stayed a TV had been mounted on the wall in the breakfast room which was bright and pleasant (with skylights), although it was in the basement. Rooms and corridors were very warm but tolerable and the lift slow but sure. We had 30 minutes per-guest per-day of free WiFi which was enough. Maybe I am a bit tightfisted (!) but I think £150.00 per night for this room is just a bit over the top for such small accommodation. Even more for the advertised rack rate of £229.00 + 20% VAT if you walk in off the street. However I suppose the inclusive breakfast compensates. I would stay again here but look around at the competition first before making a repeat booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express London-Victoria. This central London hotel offers well appointed en-suite rooms with shower, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, in house pay per movies, bar, breakfast room, High Speed Internet Access also available at charge. Whether you are here on a short business trip or to explore the 'Sights and Sound' of London, this 'Budget Hotel' is perfect for both occasions. The hotel is ideally located for any one travelling to London via Gatwick Airport or Heathrow Airport. London Gatwick airport is just 35 minutes from London Victora where as London Heathrow is 15 minutes by Heathrow Express to London Paddington station from where the hotel is a short journey by underground or taxi.Closest Rail link: London Victoria Station. Closest Underground Station: Pimlico Underground Station. Closest Coach Station: London Victoria Coach Station. Closest Attractions: Tate Art Gallery, Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, West End Theatres & Shopping. Accommodation: Twin bed rooms with two single beds for max. 2 adults and double rooms with a double bed and a sofa for max. 4 adults or max. 2 adults and 2 children. Nearest Underground Station - Pimlico ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Victoria Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria England