“What an Experience!”

The UK Supreme Court
Ranked #262 of 1,675 things to do in London
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Well, I was actually there for work but the staff were incredibly welcoming and hospitable as were the Law Lords - well worth a vist even as a tourist!

There are newer reviews for The UK Supreme Court

Reviewed April 5, 2012

If you're going to London, be sure to visit the Supreme Court. It's very close to Westminster Abbey and I'm sure lots of people oversee it - or don't realize that you can go in.
After a security check, you are allowed to wander around and have a look at everything. You can see all the court rooms and there's a lovely exhibition area downstairs. There's also a café. We've been here twice and the second time we were lucky enough to be able to watch a court case that was going on at the time. It was extremely interesting to see justice at work and we felt very privileged to be able to do so. The staff at the Supreme Court deserve a very special mention. They're absolutely lovely, so welcoming and helpful. Also, the toilets just have to be the nicest at any place of interest in London. Even though we've now been there twice, I think we would go back again next time we're in London. It's that good - and it's free.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Like the other reviewer we were in Parliament Square, noticed the coffee sign and went in. What a find! And what friendly, informative and enthusiastic staff. We intend to look out for the cases and attend one. I agree with everything everyone else has said before me. Only regret was that we got so absorbed with looking around, we ran out of time and had to forego the cup of coffee. What could be an intimidating place was so "customer" friendly, I would recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

When visiting London with my wife and daughter, we were in Parliament Square, having viewed the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey; we were desperate for a cup of coffee, and I noticed a sign outside a splendid Art Nouveau building (next to the statue of Abraham Lincoln) advertising coffee for £1.90. We went in and were astonished to find ourselves in the Middlesex Guildhall, now home to the Supreme Court. Having passed through the airport style security we were free to wander round an architectural gem of a building and had public access to the case in progress. This is true open justice.
In the basement is a small but perfectly formed exhibition area with information and artefacts of the Supreme Court and the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council. Oh and there's also a cafeteria serving a fine cup of coffee!

1  Thank PrestatynNick
Reviewed May 21, 2011

This place has a great exhibit on the history of the courts in the UK. What's also cool about this place is that you can sit in on a hearing. If that is important to you, just make sure that you look on the schedule on the website to see if there will be a hearing during the day and time when you will be there. There is a cafeteria there as well with pretty decent food. I found all of the staff to be extremely helpful.

1  Thank RegePG

Been to The UK Supreme Court? Share your experiences!