“The best restoraunt in London ,no argument”

IBERIA-Georgian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
IBERIA-Georgian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,568 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“The best restoraunt in London ,no argument”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I ve been in and out of London for 3 years now ,owing to my work I ve been to a very wide selection of restaurants in our fair capital .
From the very top price micheline stared places to budget chineese and indian eaterys , however they all pale in comparison to Iberia.
From 2 years back , when I discovered this place it has been an undisputed golden standard for service , food and wine .
It is a small family restaurant in the truest sence of the name . It is ran by authentic geordian descent family and provides culinary and service experience only found in georgian culture.
Every patron is treated like the guest of the house and I know very few places that are able to be discribed in this way.
The food is traditional Georgian kitchen with just enough flexibility for european diner's taste to make sure everyone enjoys the food .
And it is excellent ,I loved it , but more then that a collegue who is from Georgia himself fell in love with te place and that s saying something!
But the real value and prize is the wine selection !
Very few people outside Caucases region have heard of Georgian wine and those who have will always put it heads above French or Italian .
If you like wine this is the place to go and experience wine culture that has been around since aincient greeks time and is alive and kicking today .
Suffice it to say that when ever I am in London I try my absolute best to find an excuse to grab a
meal here .
It is excellent for family and friends , couples - hell yeah ! Even if the lady is vegiterian - there are great veg dishes available .
Solo is good tooo , and business lunch will sure make things smoother and negotiations are easy , just have a quick word with the hostess Kate over phone and she ll take care of everything .
Value for money - it is absolutely excellent .
The place has no star rating of any sort , but between the service ,food and wine it must be at least one micheline star , but nowhere near as pricey.
This is easely best place in England definately best in London

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank Eli Q

New York City, New York
“Do not recommend”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We went there after reading so many good reviews (although most of them were from 'people' with just 1 existing review-about this restaurant....).
Place was completely empty- we should leave right then. Waitress was polite (its a big plus for a Russian speaking place!) but food was very bland to say the least. Everything looked beautiful and appetizing on plates but that's about it. Taste was not bad or mediocre, it was just totally absent. Literally- every dish that we ordered had zero taste, none. If we to close our eyes, we would not be able to say what we were eating. We decided that its a talent in a way-to make food (every dish!) without any taste... That was totally wasted trip (it was quite a drive), money-prices are too high for what you get in return and only 'gain' was unpleasant feeling in all stomachs and aggravation. Maybe cook was new or had a bad day, who knows but that should not be an excuse anyway. So I would never recommend this place and wont give it another try.

• Visited June 2014
8 Thank Elua7
London, United Kingdom
“promise not to say Georgia on my mind ......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

intrigued by a Georgian restaurant we found Iberia in a spot previously we'd only known for The Cally swimming pool

The service was very friendly and efficient and the menu satisfyingly full of dishes we had never heard of - often featuring walnuts and plum

our plate of starters were well flavoured especially the aubergine
I had Tolma -I think- stuffed cabbage and grape leaves which was nicely presented in decorated parcels but not as good as the other mains ::. These were tasty substantial dishes of chicken and beef and much enjoyed

Altogether excellent and a rare chance to try something new....

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank miller050
“Delicious Georgian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Have been there with friends, and we all loved it.
Food was amazing, especialy Georgian "khinkali",, "khachapuri(cheesepie)" and "shkmeruli"(chicken roasted with garlik).

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank sandro k
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, lovely, welcoming staff, highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my first experience of Georgian food, but it certainly won't be the last. As we're hoping to go to Georgia in the autumn, we thought it was a good idea to try the cuisine (and Georgian wine of course). I arrived before my friends - the waitress immediately sat me down and, when she heard I was going to Georgia, talked to me about it a bit, and brought me a really interesting little book, full of places to see and things to do. I really appreciated it. With our dinner, we had a very good bottle of Georgian wine (second on the wine list), and shared a cheese-stuffed and topped kachapuri, which was delicious. Everyone else on tripadvisor seems to recommend it, and I totally agree with them. My main was a lovely hot chicken dish with a lot of chillis - very, very good. It had obviously been freshly prepared with fresh ingredients. My friends had a chicken stew and roast pork with plum sauce, and both were great. For dessert we had three different things to share - again, all were delicious, and a lot of thought had gone into presentation. It was almost a shame to eat them. Green tea and Georgian coffee (like Turkish) followed. The food, while not massively cheap, was worth every penny. The lady and two men working in the restaurant were really friendly and genuinely pleased when we said we were interested in going to Georgia. All in all a great experience, we'll be back.

• Visited April 2014