“Not good - don't waste your time.” 2 of 5 bubbles

and up
London Dungeon Entrance Ticket
Ranked #24 of 337 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The London Dungeon, one of the UK’s most iconic attractions, has reinvented itself now as a bigger, bolder and better attraction in the vast underground vaults of County Hall on the South Bank, next to the EDF Energy London Eye. The all new multi-million pound attraction will bring 1000 years of authentic London history to life with a unique mix of talented live actors performing in scarily funny shows, stunning special effects, edge of your seat surprises and two exciting thrill rides. Guests will embark on a journey through a dramatic London landscape going back ten centuries. They will be guided through ghastly plague-ridden streets, witness Guy Fawkes’ dramatic plot to blow up Parliament, travel back to Jack the Ripper’s bleak Whitechapel and walk beneath London’s foreboding medieval gates. There are new shows and rides which are more dramatic and surprising than ever, new funnier scripts, more theatrical costumes and styling and more talented actors to play even more colourful villains and blaggards.
Northampton
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Not good - don't waste your time.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Having visited the London Dungeon by London Bridge station several years ago and enjoying it immensely, I thought this new one on the South Bank MUST be worth a visit. Thank goodness I used Tesco vouchers, as I would have been extremely miffed if I had paid the full cost of £24.95 per adult. The 'experience' was one to be missed. We were hauled round in groups from room to room, through dark corridors to be met by actors in role attempting to tell us the gruesome history of London. Very little to see in between. A ride on a waterway began our journey, which was also a disappointment. We spent about 3 hours all in all, including the queuing time and really wish we hadn't bothered. Spent your money elsewhere!

4 Thank SnowyP

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“a spooky experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

we were a couple of crumblies on a discounted ticket and really enjoyed this experience . All the effects and actors were in character and context and we were treated to so many alleys, a boat ride , torture chamber and various other London historical horrors , it was hard to imagine how all could be fitted into what has to be smallish area under the old county hall. There was a bit of queuing at the start even with a priority ticket which I recommend, but one into the experience plenty of room to move around and no sense of being rushed 2 hours passed effortlessy by.

Visited July 2013
LondonDungeon1975, Public Relations Manager at The London Dungeon, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We're blushing! Thank you so very much for all your positive comments; it's great to hear you had a good time.
Mount Pearl, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Wet and So so”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were expecting a lot more at this attraction. We had pre-purchased tickets so did not have to wait very long outside. Longer wait once inside the front doors. Getting soaking wet early on was extremely frustrating - my purse and wallet and everything in it was dripping and damaged, thank goodness I put my expensive camera under my jacket, then the rest of the time we spent walking around in 'wet to the skin' pants. I would not recommend this for anyone over 45. The information we got was limited as they seemed more focused on the scare tactics. Therefore this attraction is better suited for the 10 to 30 years olds. We did complain to the manager once we got out and were reimbursed for our admission. Not sure what they would have done if say my camera had been ruined. They need to advertise in their brochure that you & your possessions could get soaking wet, then at least you could be prepared.

Visited June 2013
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Worth a visit if you've got 2 for 1 vouchers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I decided to visit the Dungeon on my week long trip to London as I wanted to pack in as much as I could, I have to say I wasn't expecting too much, but I was very pleasantly surprised. First of all, if you plan well, and get 2 for 1 Merlin Entertainment vouchers (available all the time on cereal boxes/ newspapers/E-Bay etc - you just need to keep your eyes open) you get the best from your visit. I never leave home without them.
I visited on a week day during term time, and walked straight in, although there was about a 20 minute queue inside - this is London, you also queue for the free museums. I found the experience very entertaining, and informative. I'm not much of a screamer, but I think the people saying it wasn't even scary are sort of missing the point, it's a walk through the gory history of our capital, not just a 'make you jump' scarefest - for that, go on a ghost train. In my opinion, the actors were very convincing, engaging, and involving, as they drew the audience into the plot, accusing us of being accomplices in various crimes, obviously they were a bit over the top, but they do have to entertain the kids too, and they seemed to enjoy their roles.
Along with the acting scenes and the history, which is also on wall plaques dotted around the place - I don't understand one contributor who said the plaques are in English - you're in England, what language do you expect? It would have been far too much if every language on earth was up on the walls. There are also rides, one a wet one, we sat at the back of the boat and got a bit wet, at least it was roasting hot outside. Some of the exhibits and scenarios make you jump, and some are quite funny (the autopsy room springs to mind, where we were squirted with a full bladder), but all were informative, and I loved it, maybe it's a Marmite attraction, but I do like to try things for myself before making judgement.

1 Thank Michelle W
reading
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“a waste of time and money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a wasted opportunity. This was incredibly tedious. It was meant to portray 1000 years of English history and started with Henry VIII. The staff were possibly in character but sounded rude and thoroughly fed up with the whole thing as were we. The 'experience' consisted of walking through a series of dark and dingy passages with a few interludes where actors talked about torture, Sweeney Todd, Jack the Ripper and Guy Fawkes. There were 2 very brief and rather dull rides where the best that could be said about them was the fact you got to sit down.
On the whole this was so not worth the wait or the money, we wished we'd gone to Seaworld instead

1 Thank jetticusg

Been to The London Dungeon? Share your experiences!