“Visited the new location”
Review of The London Dungeon

$64.76*
London Dungeon and Thames River Sightseeing Cruise
$304.15*
and up
5-Day London All-Inclusive Pass Including St Paul's Cathedral, Theater and...
Ranked #26 of 361 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The London Dungeon, one of the UK’s most iconic attractions, has reinvented itself now as a bigger, bolder and better attraction in the vast underground vaults of County Hall on the South Bank, next to the EDF Energy London Eye. The all new multi-million pound attraction will bring 1000 years of authentic London history to life with a unique mix of talented live actors performing in scarily funny shows, stunning special effects, edge of your seat surprises and two exciting thrill rides. Guests will embark on a journey through a dramatic London landscape going back ten centuries. They will be guided through ghastly plague-ridden streets, witness Guy Fawkes’ dramatic plot to blow up Parliament, travel back to Jack the Ripper’s bleak Whitechapel and walk beneath London’s foreboding medieval gates. There are new shows and rides which are more dramatic and surprising than ever, new funnier scripts, more theatrical costumes and styling and more talented actors to play even more colourful villains and blaggards.
Birmingham, England
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Visited the new location”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I enjoyed the time spent here. The staff who played the various roles made the experience. Not an attraction if you want to experience the full historical side of the events portrayed.

We arrived on time (we pre-booked), but still a large queue and about an hours wait to get going. I did notice that it seemed that the people who turned up without tickets managed to get in quicker (most had pre-booked so the line for standard admission was empty).

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wouldn't do it again...”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

After seeing many advertisements on how good this was supposed to be, my partner and I thought we'd give it a go. I had read many previous reviews about the waiting time in the lines but since it was a main attraction we decided to book tickets... to at least say we've been. I tell you, I wouldn't go again.

The location was a terrible idea. It was surprisingly hot the day I went which was good as I expected it to rain, although not rainy it was bright and hot. No shelter whatsoever! Horrible...not only that but we waited in the queue for at least 55minutes.

What got me angry the most was that there were 2 queues. One where you didn't pre-booked tickets and another where you did have them. The problem was that there were no signs to which queue was for which.. I had already paid for my tickets with my travel agent and they were print outs and we were told to stand in this certain line; which was slow moving. After waiting almost an hour, and reaching close the entrance - I showed my ticket to the guy and he had said for print-at-home tickets, I must go in the other queue. By then I was fuming as someone else had told us to go in the other line. So, we had to wait another 20minutes on top of that to get in.

Be sure to know which line you have to stay in for whatever tickets you have. You wouldn't want to be moved to another queue just as you think you're going in.

Visited September 2012
portsmouth
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Very Dissappointed”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm afraid we were suckered in by the publicity machine for this attraction but unfortunately did not come anywhere near our expectations. Too expensive for one, The whole experience is over pretty quickly and very cheesy and predictable, the made up sets were of a poor standard but the actors did their best with the script they are given. For me this is not an adult attraction but that said even some kids going round with us were laughing as it was all pretty naff, shame really as the concept is good enough, perhaps they should go over to the states and see how this sort of thing is really done. In summery don't waste your money on this very poor attraction.

Visited January 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The once proud museum has slipped into a cheap haunted house.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

There once was a London Dungeon that horrified me as a child, as a teenager and later as an Adult - it was great! It was a place where you were free to explore and roam around at your own pace, whilst the exhibits were just that - eerie, subtle and horrible in description. I kept coming back because each time I felt that it was a neccessary evil, an education in to the bad side of history.

Alot has changed since. From the moment myself and a friend entered we were divided into heaving batches of 45-50 people and shuffled from one space to another. The first "ride" was broken down so we were ushered along from one unfunny gag to another.

1 Thank Kingy186361
Adelaide, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Was expecting better”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had been looking forward to going to the London Dungeon as a few people had told me it was really good. Pre bought tickets however we were in the queue for about 40 mins. No one explained about the tickets so we had no idea if we were on the right line for a while. I felt for the whole tour like we were cattle being prodded along to each room where we were squeezed in to. I don't like this type of activity I prefer to do things at my own pace. There was opportunity to include this. I wondered how people with a disability or pram would move about as there were stairs and rooms so dark that running into walls was inevitable.
Overall the history was interesting, delivered by very good character impersonations. Please note that if you did not read about the tour before going in, like my friend, it may be a little confusing. There was a couple of moments where you could be caught unaware and given a fright but I could see these coming a mile away so it never got me.
The ride at the end was a surprise but I won't spoil it for those who haven't done the London Dungeon. Glad that I did it but I will be very reluctant to go through it again.

Visited May 2013

Been to The London Dungeon? Share your experiences!