Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $42.10
from $90.80
from $19.70
6,052 results
All reviews red arrows imax cinema launch pad space exploration all ages flight simulator interactive exhibits suggested donation great for kids half term free entry natural history kids and adults rainy day on display mathematics technology
Reviewed yesterday

Mainly visited to see the Romanov- Russian display- which was good and free! Popped to see the impressive clocks display and the engines just past the entrance. All of it was good but I can't help thinking that the museum is less of a science museum but more of the History of Science museum. Great gift shop.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I took my 8 yr old for a day out. We had a great time. She really enjoyed the 2nd floor doing the interactive screens. We also enjoyed making our own space shapes on the 3rd floor.
Although it is free donation is expected. We paid £5. There is other things to pay for inside if you want to see everything which we were unable to do. I think age 8 upwards is ideal as younger kids might be bored.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

I reviewed the main science museum a while back and stand by what I wrote - very boring. Basically a history of science museum.
However, today we went to the wonderlab which is basically a stand alone thing you pay for and we spent 4 hours there enjoying it! The shows were amazing, everything worked, not too packed. Really, really good fun.

Definitely recommend it. Though as I said to my children, "hurry through the rest of the museum on the way out as you don't want to ruin your day!"

Reviewed 4 days ago

We visited during half-term so there were lots of families, making the museum busy and crowded. Entry is free but you can make a donation. We paid £7 each for the Tim Peake Space Descent which in my opinion was a waste of money. My wife’s headset visuals were not clear no matter how much she adjusted the control. And when I put my headset on the programme had already begun! Apart from this we found most of the exhibits interesting.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Whist the museum doesn’t go into great depth about any of its subject matters it offers a wide verity of interesting exhibits for the visitor to enjoy.
The Space exhibits will probably appeal to the more casual visitor, why the more disconcerting visitor will enjoy the IT, maths, chemistry and Transport exhibits.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We went particularly to see the special exhibit about the romanovs

Whilst it was interesting it was not well displayed. A lot of old photos were blown up so much they were very blurred and had not been enhanced. Several times interesting letters were displayed too close together meaning it was hard to get near to read, and they could easily have been enlarged and spread out. There was plenty of space

There was a display of how mentally ill were kept and treated in the Peter and Paul fortress but no explanation as to why this was part of the exhibit.

Although it was explained that two bodies were found much later, no other information about when,where or how

Could have been much better

Reviewed 5 days ago

I've been going to the Science Museum regularly for many years. It's not the same as it was a long time ago. Today it's more hi-tech and interactive with not so much of the 'old' stuff as prominent as it was. If you have hyper-active kids that like pressing buttons this is definitely a place to take them as it has plenty. I've enjoyed a great number of special exhibitions over the years, and on the whole enjoyed them and got good value from the additional entry price, but if you've a family, make sure it's something you really want to see as it can become expensive. Early morning before the school parties arrive is a great time to really enjoy the place if you're looking for a quieter experience.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Expecting a knock-out exhibition reflecting the standards of previous temporary exhibitions at this institution. Very disappointed to say it’s one of the poorly presented exhibitions I’ve seen in a long while.

The mix of objects and interactives whilst each of interest do not work together and give out mixed messages re visitor audience, who it’s aimed at.

The overall gallery is looking worn, tired, clunky and visually chaotic, fighting against lovely objects which are lost. There is no cohesion.

Don’t go if you think there will be impressive images of the sun immersing you in its heat, size etc. The end AV show scale is laughable, what a missed opportunity.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This place is amazing and its free! (You do get to be made to feel you have to contribute on your way in, thats the only negative)

The diner on the ground floor is nice, though the seating is a little cramped.

We used the wonderlab this visit and the kids love the hands on learning, talks and demos, slides and well just about everything. We will be back.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great place to visit , loads to see of different era’s , at the top of the museum it’s good for kids off all ages , there is items you can interact with , especially liked the moving floor in the Chinese shop explaining what it feels like in an earthquake, food is quite expensive inside the museum but it’s nice to eat out for a treat