My wife and I just stayed there for 4 nights and I can't wait to stay there again. We arrived London with my wife's luggage being left behind in San Francisco. Believe me, my wife was quite grumpy when we arrived the hotel since she knew she would have no clothes to change to for the rest of the day. We communicated the missing luggage to the hotel staff and they immediately sent over an emergency kit up to our room that contained a REALLY nice set of pajamas and other essential toiletries free of charge. They also started our stay right by offering us with welcome drinks (coffee, coke, and cookies!).
If you stay there, be sure to use the conceirge service. They are always at least 2-3 staff members at the conceirge desk and during those 5 days we were there we'd never had to wait in line for service. They helped map out a lot of our daily tour plans which saved us a lot of traveling time. They also helped us with dinner reservations and getting last minute musical tickets to see the Wicked.
My most in-awe moment with this stay was when my wife called down to ask if they had any scotch guard sprays for her new white leather purse since her purse was getting dirty with it rubbing against her blue jeans. The staff spent 5 minutes searching around for one and they couldn't find any at the hotel. They called us back moments after telling us that the shops were going to be closing soon and they would send someone out to Harrods to buy one for us. Within 20 minutes, they came up and delivered it to our room. It was soooo crazy.
In terms of food, I wouldn't recommend getting the breakfast there. One morning we wanted to stop by to grab something really quick for breakfast. Turned out they only had 3 set breakfast menus to choose from and they were quite expensive. I think it was something like 29 pounds for pastries, coffee, and a small plate of fruit. and 39 pounds for pancakes, coffee, and a small plate of fruit. Go somewhere else for breakfast instead. :)
I also used the spa service a few times. I was really jetlagged the first night I was there and I had been up since 4am. When the spa opened at 7am, I immediately called down and was able to make an appointment for a deep tissue massage for 7:30. The massage was excellent and the spa was pretty nice. I wouldn't get the foot massage there though as the person who did it wasn't very good.
All in all, the stay was excellent. It always feels good to walk around the hotel being greeted with staff members that somehow magically have your name memorized. I have stayed at the Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental before, and while the rooms were much nicer and bigger in HK, the service there don't nearly compare to the service you will get in London.
My wife and I will definitely stay there again when we visit London in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With bustling Knightsbridge on its doorstep and leafy Hyde Park at its rear, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London's most prestigious address. Blending sumptuous guestrooms with a world-leading spa and a stylish bar, it is the definitive destination for a luxury escape. With two award-winning restaurants including Bar Boulud, London and Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, and a new Afternoon Tea salon, The Rosebery Lounge, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park stands at the culinary centre of the capital. On 19 September 2016, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London will be embarking on an exciting restoration designed to significantly enhance the facilities of the hotel. The property will remain open throughout the 18-month renovation, which will be undertaken in two phases in order to minimise disruption to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London Hotel London
- Mandarin Oriental London
- Mandarin London
- London Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Hotel London
- Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London England