“Great Hotel and perfect location”

The Colonnade London
Ranked #279 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Gibraltar
“Great Hotel and perfect location”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at the Colonnade over the Easter break. We were so glad we chose this hotel, we were very warmly and professionally received, all the staff were outstanding, professional, friendly always smiling, smart and ready to serve. The Hotel should be proud to have secured staff of the professional calibre that we experienced. The Room was clean, tidy and very comfortable, the location was fantastic, picturesque with the canal near by and Little Venice at a stones throw, also Tube station and bus links at two paces from the hotel.
Will not hesitate to recommend this Hotel and we look forward to staying there again, hopefully!

Stuart & Chantal (Gibraltar)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Stuart R
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the lovely review about us on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and you were so impressed with the service at the hotel. We strive very hard to ensure that service at the hotel is excellent.
I hope we will have an early opportunity to welcome you back to The Colonnade and Little Venice, please do recommend us to your friends and family.
Sahar R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Loved the place from the moment the friendly young lady checked me in .. The room was clean and loved loved loved the canapé bed .. The location was extra special near the canal . Will go again to London soon and for sure stay here ..

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 52swiss
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much.
I hope we will have an early opportunity to welcome you back to The Colonnade and please do request a room on a higher floor again and we'll be delighted to oblige as we did before, maybe next time you can try the breakfast. Our delicious home made pancakes are a big hit!
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights, and will definately stay here again if we visit London in the near future.

Upon arrival, I had read that some of the rooms on the lower floors was a bit noisy because of the tube going by below ground. Because of this I e-mailed the hotel and asked for a room on the higher floors. Within a few hours my request was answered and taken note of. On check-in (which was fast), we got room 49 on the top floor.

The room itself was a bit small, but quite fine for two people.
Bathroom was good and had a decent shower with good water-temperature.

It was a warm week in London, but the AC in the room worked flawlessly (I've had some bad experiences in this department, so this was a pleasant one)

Hotell staff was polite and always at a calls notice.

Did not try the breakfast though, as we ate breakfast at a local bakery almost every day.

With a quiet neighbourhood and a short 100m walk to the tube, this hotel is definitely on my recommendation list for friends visiting London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top floors. The Hotel has an elevator, but this only goes up 3 floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrasp
Thank you for taking the time to write the great review about us on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Colonnade next time you are in London
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Spent a night here in a standard double room while travelling. I arrived quite late and left before breakfast so I only had a short time to get an impression of the hotel but I was very happy with what I saw. The welcome was friendly but efficient, I was tired and really wanted to get to my room so I appreciated this. The porter who helped me with my bags then went off to get a sandwich for me, again making life much easier. The room was very comfortable, good toiletries, water provided, plenty of pillows, comfortable mattress, strong shower. It had all I needed. The area is very pleasant with residential streets and small shops, away from the noise of the city. The only negative I have is that the room was small, fine for one person for one night but may have been a bit cramped for two with luggage. This is, however, pretty standard for London

Room Tip: Suggest upgrading to next level of room if you want more space
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Karen0101
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the very positive review about us on Tripadvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay but sorry you found your room small, we do have a variety of rooms so next time your with us if you're not happy with the room we'll do our best to move you.
I hope we will have an early opportunity to welcome you back to The Colonnade
Siggiewi, Malta
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We went up for 3 nights and we were given room number 10. Upon arriving we were greeted in a very professional manner and our luggage's were taken care of immediately.

The room was very clean, and the selection of toiletries is a really good one. Although I have somewhat sensitive skin, I did not have any problems with the toiletries provided.

We had a powercut in our room and management tried to fox it at first, however unsuccessfully. The hotel offers to upgrade us for the night, however it would have been to much hassle to stay repacking to go back to our room again.. The staff continued trying and manned to fix electricity.

One of the assets of the colonnade I believe are the employees. All were very helpful and sincere.

The hotel is very close to Warwick avenue tube and that was a very big plus.

Well consider again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
I am sorry about the electrical problems we had and I am pleased we managed to sort it out for you.
I have noted you comments about the staff and will pass them on.
I hope we will have an early opportunity to welcome you back to The Colonnade
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Booked a double room here for our wedding anniversary and upon arrival we were upgraded to the JFK suite! The sheer gasp upon opening the door! Outstanding room on two levels with a to die for bed! Really luxurious and fancy. Huge doors opened to a balcony. Reception staff were all utterly gorgeous and helpful. Also loved the porky resident cat! A lovely sight to see it at the reception desk. We stay in London often, this will be our chosen hotel from now on! Loved it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HoveWine
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the lovely review about us on Tripadvisor we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much in the JFK suite.
I will pass your comments on to Minnie the cat!
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Colonnade soon on your next visit to London.

Shahar R
essex
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed Saturday 30/03 for one night. The receptionist was outstanding. All the staff we had dealing with were friendly and professional. The room was a good size but it was not a double bed ,it was two single beds next to each other. The bathroom was ok. Nothing special. The breakfast room looked tired and again the breakfast was nothing special,we prefer buffet breakfast. The worse was the noise from the bar/restaurant over-night ,obviously there was a party and people kept on coming in and out all night ,you could hear the music. Awful! If you ever stay there make sure you enquire about parties an if there is one run.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple