“P Sumpter”

The Colonnade London
Ranked #340 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Nice room with air con and it needed it was a very hit day , nothing better than an air conditioned room in the summer friendly staff and a great breakfast that was served in a very nice relaxing open aired room Stayed here when going to wembley stadium , great location less than one minute from the tube stop on the same line as Wembley. Staff where very accommodating and was very good value for money. ,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Colonnade London

Reviewed July 24, 2013

On July 6 I was in London to see "The Rolling Stones" live at Hyde Park. As an 53 year old woman I thought I need a hotel nearby. I found a great offer for The Colonnade. Traveling by train from Birmingham was easy and on arrival at the tube station it was just a hop and skip to the hotel. A warm welcome was given by the staff at reception and the check in was made easy. First impression were very good as the reception and lounge area is warm and welcoming. I was given the The Cabin which is a really curious room as it is in a style of a Captain's Ship Room. Compact is the word which come to mind. After a long day and night at Hyde Park and a 30 min walk to the Hotel it wasn't what I had in mind but I managed to climb into the bunk bed. The bathroom was small but well equipped, the towels were soft and snugly, the complimentary water and apples were delicious, the linen was fresh and crisp. Yes the climb into the bed was a bit of a struggle but for the price I paid I can't complain. If you like a nice surrounding and you are on your own I can honestly say this is a great hotel to stay. I will be back next time with my husband when we are having a weekend in London.

Room Tip: If you like a novelty room and you are on your own try The Cabin. Great fun.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for our last night in London and wished we had stayed for the entire vacation. We left London for two days in Paris, and stayed here a night before our flight home. It was pin drop quiet and the beds were very comfy, as we're the pillows. The bathroom was large and beautifully appointed. The gal who checked us in was very friendly and welcoming. The bellman was accommodating as well and had a nice personality. I really loved this hotel and my stay was too short. I will be back. It's not far from some great restaurants as well. The only thing I noticed which was not up to par was the wifi. I didn't work so wellIn our room. Otherwise an impressive establishment in every way!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jon M
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We selected The Colonnade because it was within walking distance of Lords Cricket Ground and we were down to see England hammer Australia.
We were very impressed with this hotel!
Set in a very quiet leafy area, the room was spacious and comfortable, and an excellent made to order breakfast was served al fresco - gorgeous during the heat wave!
We were very well looked after at breakfast time by a delightful Spanish waitress called Iria who could not have been more helpful. Her cheerful demeanour and efforts to ensure an excellent breakfast for us were very much appreciated.
Patricia the receptionist was also very friendly and helpful.
From this hotel you can walk a few yards and go on a lovely canal trip from Little Venice to Camden, past Regents Park and The Zoo. You can also visit the best garden centre in the world - Clifton Nurseries in Clifton Villa's - an incredible oasis in the middle of multi million pound properties, with a wonderful tea shop.
Highly recommended Hotel! We will be back!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cashmere375
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having overpaid too many times for hotels in central London, I ventured off the straight and narrow of Doubletrees and Hiltons (too expensive especially in summer) and chose The Colonnade. The TripAdvisor reviews had it exactly right. This place offers good value for the money. I paid two forty one US. That is in mid-July and includes taxes and fees from the hotel booking site I used. (hotels.com). That did not include breakfast. I avoided the tiny (4 square meter!) single and “splurged” for a 13 square meter double room. I asked for a quiet room with strong WiFi and within reason that is what I got. I had room 34. The noise from the hallway was bearable. I chose to go with earplugs for sleep just in case and there were no issues. The room was a bit warm when I got in (after 9pm on a summer evening) but the AC cooled it down eventually. By morning it was very cool indeed – good for sleeping. The bed was comfy. All amenities were right: nice down comforter, nice feather pillows and plenty of them, large fluffy towels. The bathroom was lovely. Warm, strong shower, tub, soap & shampoo just as good as Hilton if not better. There was a small seating area and a desk. Internet was adequate. At the beginning, I had to ask at the desk for an extra code since one of them did not work. The new code worked fine. Surprisingly, I was able to stay connected on Skype for 30 minutes, nearly a record for hotel internet. Front desk staff was truly excellent. Patricia was especially outgoing and friendly.
This location worked surprisingly well. I was pleased to find a leafy, luxurious neighborhood so close to Paddington. Felt like an oasis. There were cafes 5 minutes’ walk away on Clifton near Maida Vale. The walk to the station through “Little Venice” was very pleasant, winding through gardens and near the canal. Word to the wise about taxis in this area: unless you are near the Warwick Ave. tube, it’s best to call one since there are few passing by on the street.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BostonFrequentTrav1
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Hotel nice and clean. Room was atypical "European" room; a bit small as compared to American hotel rooms. Room was clean and bathroom was refurbished. Staff very helpful! Would not suggest you eat or drink I the hotel; rather costly. Nice restaurant and bar around the corner. Also a breakfast place around the corner.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on be top level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a prize pick. It is about to be substantially remodelled - which I hope will be done sensitively. The hotel is a couple of minutes from Warwick Avenue underground station. Therefore it is perfect if you, like me, come and go from London through Paddington. But the magic is that those two or three minutes have a magical effect. The area around mainline railways stations, the world over, is often tawdry at best. Here you emerge from the tube in another world. Try it!

Room Tip: As far as I know - they are all good!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business