I was looking for an affordable hotel near Paddington and had gotten an email from the Eton Collection (I'd stayed at one of their other properties that was fantastic!). So I thought I would try this one. I was upgraded to a larger room - high ceilings, comfortable bed, robes for your convenience, fresh water supplied to your room each evening and free Internet (although it was a little awkward that I had to get a different log-in/password every day).
On the downside, no heat in the bathroom - which would have been OK, except the windows were old and drafty. I was also a little disappointed with the evening front desk attendant. Not very friendly and wasn't very helpful in answering some of my London questions. However, the nice young man that helped me with my luggage and showed me to my room was great. Breakfast was not worth it...buffett disappointing and toast burnt!
Nevertheless, I like the charm of a non-chain hotel, so I would consider staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the sweetest smelling flowers in the lobby to the temptingly plumped sofas in the lounge, it's the attention to detail that makes The Colonnade London distinctively different. For each of our guests, there's something that especially appeals. The prospect of stretching out in a bath of bubbles at the end of the day. For business facilities - wifi, dual phone lines. But one thing is for sure: at The Colonnade London we've got the mix just right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your The Colonnade London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Colonnade London Hotel London
- The Colonnade Hotel London
- The Colonnade London England