3,088 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebuckingham palaceprivate clubconservatory suiteromantic turndowna hot water bottlechampagne on arrivalrose petalscomplimentary snackshonesty barvictoria stationturn down servicemoment you arrivelittle toucheslounge areathe entire stafffifth floor

Oh My God....

This place is fantastic; the advice from them for our show was great.

WILL be staying here again.

Right opposite the Mews, and a stone from Buck House.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ExeterMitch
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We stayed two nights in an upgraded king room. First, the hotel is hard to find. There are no signs. And the cab drivers have not generally heard of it. So be ready with the address and be firm that there is indeed a hotel there. Or tell them to take you to the Ruben hotel next door and walk to the proper private entrance.

The hotel is very nicely decorated, and very private. They are attentive to service. We had a small problem with housekeeping and the staff immediately apologised, made an effort to fix, and then checked back later. So staff and service is very focused, which is unlike many london hotels.

The executive lounge for breakfast, drinks and snacks is nice, as is the decor throughout. The rooms are well decorated and comfortable -- but too small for the amount of furniture in them. Many london hotels have small rooms and this hotel would do better to remove the desk or make a pull out desk, and move to flat screen tv to make more space. It was difficult to get from bathroom to sitting area due to limited space between the desk and bed. They should just remove some furniture and it would be fine.

overall, nice amenities, comfortable room and very service focused staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My husband and I found Hotel 41 on trip advisor and thought it sounded like we should give it a go. I have to say, i can't fault any single element of the experience.

The location is fantastic, the hotel is full of lovely touches, the service is warm, friendly and professional - and our room, the conservatory suite, was beautiful.

Just go! It's a wonderful experience - the big London hotels could learn a thing or two from this place...

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zplondon
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This was the second year in a row I have stayed at Hotel 41 while I was in London. The first time I traveled alone, but this time I was with my sister. I have realized that it makes a difference because the King size room is suitable for one person (barely) but it's WAY too small for two people. They try to do way too much with the small space -- two beds, two lounge chairs, a dining table, a desk, and two large cabinets. With that said, the service is INCREDIBLE. They will try to find you anything you need while you're staying at the hotel (and even in advance of your stay). The main lounge area is very nice and it's easy to waste away the hours there having drinks, reading the paper, using the internet, or watching their flat screen. There is excellent high speed internet access throughout the entire hotel. The hotel is in a great location -- right across the street from Buckingham Palace. The hotel is, predictably, not cheap. Also, no fitness center or spa. Nevertheless, I rank is in the top 5 hotels I've ever stayed at and will probably continue to stay there in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank Aj74mia
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I cant fault the staff and location of this hotel but the decor and size of the rooms is totally out of line with the exhorbitant rates being charged. I stayed in a split level suite the decor was dated and the room incredibly pokey. For the price I was paying I expected a huge amount more - There are far better quality 'Luxury' hotels available in Lodon that are better value than this place.

That said the staff were incredibly helpful and the Hotels only standout asset - if only the rest of the hotel could live up to the quality of their staff.......

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jamie C
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with the size of your room. As a slightly older building, we do have a wide cross section of shapes and sizes of accommodation. Please feel free to mention this preference when you next make a reservation and our Reservations Team will be only too pleased to meet with your requests. In addition, I am very sorry that our decor of black and white mixed with dark mahogany's was not to your taste.

On a more positive note, I was glad that overall you had a fabulous stay and found my staff exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that the above did not detract too much from an otherwise enjoyable stay and that I will to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to 41 in person in the not too distant future.