“awesome sevices”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 8, 2014

What a great hotel in such a perfect location, in the heart of the city very close to all the major shopping, nightlife and attractions. Hotel 41 is a hotel within a hotel, its the top floor of another hotel and a very stylish and comfortable space. Surprisingly large for downtoen london and a very solid staff. Loved the hotel and the area

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank max j
There are newer reviews for Hotel 41

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Hotel 41 is a super fantastic hotel with super excellent service! And that's putting it lightly! My husband is a die hard Ritz Carlton fan. I was surprised when he suggested we stay at a Red Carnation Hotel, but, well, who am I to complain? Hotel 41 exceeded our expectations and for some reason I felt privileged to stay there. It's that good. It's way past excellent!

We were able to compare room decor and size with a similar room at the Grosvenor Hotel where one of our friends was staying. Our bed was the size of his entire room, no need to discuss the differences any further.

As for service, the attendants are way past exceptional. For example, we traveled to London to see the Monty Python Stage Show. Monica found all the reviews and printed them out for us as they came in. Stefan always humored us with interesting stories about the places on our daily itinerary and the key items to look for. Florat somehow knew the answers to his questions before he asked them. For example, I always draw a blank before my morning coffee. One morning I went to the Lounge to get some coffee. Florat that he would deliver it to our room and asked me the room number. I drew a blank. I just couldn't remember it. It didn't matter because Florat knew the room number anyway. He did the same thing when I couldn't remember what my husband wanted for breakfast. Heck, he'd probably even remind me what I wanted for breakfast. It is people like Monica, Stefan, and Florat that make the Hotel 41 the super special hotel it is.

After all is said and done, the part that is nearest and dearest to my heart are the afternoon service candies. No, not for me, although they are super delicious. I packed a couple bags of candy in my suitcase to give to my kids when I get home. I can easily say that my kids are regular candy connoisseurs. They said these are the most delicious they have ever tasted anytime anywhere. I agree with them.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Busiukas
Reviewed July 7, 2014

It has been a number of years since my last visit. While the lobby lounge keeps getting better there were a couple of complaints from my recent stay.

Rooms-while well appointed the bathrooms were very small and the showers especially small for a large guest. I stayed in three different rooms and found that when a separate shower area was provided the space was tiny.
The Hospitality Suite at 839 pounds was much too expensive while the other rooms at 395 were fairly priced.
On two occasions I asked about renting a local cell phone. No one gave me an answer. There is a large staff but I never figured out the distribution of responsibility.
Upon checkout they resolved my misunderstanding about champagne in the lounge being free rather than 16 or 17 pounds per glass. They were willing to write off the charges but I said that a 50% discount would be fine.
I was never introduced to the General Manager and would have expected this to happen at such a small boutique hotel.
Overall I find the property special and well worth a visit.

Room Tip: be sure to inquiry about the ceiling height, some rooms have low ceilings. Also check the size of th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank boatbuddy2007_12
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The staff was the best!!! They treated us like royalty. They always had smiles on their faces, always ready for recommendations for places to eat, how to get to various locations by taxi or train.We loved London and would come back again and probably stay here just for the service that the staff gives. its simply the best for the short stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vanisa823
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Room Tip: Have High tea in the resterant
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Edward C
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Edward,

Thank you for your excellent review.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and also our location in the City. Thank you for your superb recommendations.

Kind Regards,

Malcolm Hendry

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have stayed at Hotel 41 a couple of times before and this time was for our honeymoon.
From the second you arrive your every need is catered for and you feel truly spoiled.
All the staff are polite, friendly, efficient and fantastic at making you feel special.

It's not only the general level of service but the little extra thoughtful things that make it a delight to stay here.

If you want luxury and the very best level of service I have found anywhere then this is the place for you.

Love it. Just wish I could afford to stay there more often!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kittywhisperer
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We spent five nights at 41 in London during Wimbledon. We travel to London nearly every year, but this was our first stay at this hotel. In terms of location, when you check in, you will be neighbors with the Queen as Buckingham Palace is around the corner. As for convenience in getting to anywhere in London, you are a few steps away from Victoria Station that connects to every major line.

This hotel is much like “Platform 9 ¾” in the Harry Potter books – you need to know about it to see it! A black and white awning branded with the number “41” hides away a small walk in lobby manned with one of the seemingly dozens of welcoming staff who tend to your every need. During odd hours, the property is accessed with your keycard.

The heart of the hotel is the magnificent lounge that features a loft level and glass ceiling. Cozy furniture dot the space and a “pantry” of assorted treats, snacks and drinks are beautifully displayed in plain view. You can help yourself or one of the staff is happy to do all the work for you. Complimentary high speed Wifi, printer and other business tools in the lounge loft meant that we could tend to work without having to visit a typical sterile business center. Our room was very spacious and beautifully decorated. Other important features included comfortable beds, full sized hair dryer (yes ladies – full sized and complete with a nozzle!) and large bathrooms with deep soaking tub and great water pressure. The food was equally outstanding.

What puts this hotel over the top is the staff. Professional, efficient and imaginative -- they go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable and to anticipate your needs thoughtfully. The guest rooms wrap around the lounge area. This means that anything you want is literally at your fingertips. The small number of guest rooms allows the staff to give each guest undivided attention 24/7, quite literally. There are no lines at a front desk, no waiting time for concierge services, room service is delivered in no time at all. The ratio of staff to guest is not the only thing that allows this property to deliver such extraordinary service. The other factor is employing true professionals determined to deliver top-notch service with care. This was demonstrated countless times during our stay.

Here are a couple of examples:
We needed a flower arrangement for a dinner we were attending – as the recipient is a boating enthusiast, we requested that they include a tiny boat in the arrangement. Not a problem! The staff didn’t flinch! The gorgeous arrangement, complete with little boat was wrapped and ready to go! It was a team effort led effortlessly by Monika.

I mentioned to Stefan, that when I lived in the UK as a child I loved a particular candy. That night, there was a bottle of champagne in our room and a tray of the candies I had mentioned casually in passing! So special!

Another night we came back to our room to find tens of candles lit around the room and rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart. No occasion, just an opportunity to delight a guest. This type of service is nearly extinct elsewhere unless specifically requested.

When is the last time you leave a hotel and remember the name of every staff member who made your stay special? Here it goes: Lauren, Monika, Remus, Stefan, Julien, Piero, Peter, David, Victoria, Tyrone, Simone, Stefanie, Flo, Michaela, Mickesha, Juiliana and Marius. A long list of people who delivered flawless service.

There is no doubt where we will be staying on any future trip to London. We were curious as to whether this is a stand alone property. It is not. It is part of the Red Carnation group, properties dreamed up and presided over by Bea Tollman. She should be proud of her creation – hospitality at its finest.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business