“Exceptional hotel”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The staff does everything right in this quaint boutique hotel near Buckingham Palace. A great place to make your home while in London. Fabulous. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Before arriving, they send you a request list. The little things are what really impressed me. A bottle of bubbly waits for you. Breakfast was fabulous. They have a great "honor" bar if you want to make yourselves a drink. The complete opposite of a big chain hotel experience.

While it is not cheap, it represents great value. I felt like I was staying in a nice London home. The executive lounge is cosy and free wifi worked great.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank sgamboca
There are newer reviews for Hotel 41

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We loved this hotel for our two kids ages 6 and 9. They had gluten free toast in the morning in addition to their gorgeous breakfast - and their snacks late night were delicious.
The staff was amazing with our kids and lovely without being overly on top of you (like at the Park Hyatt on Paris). It was by far the most interesting experience we have had - and have now decided to find other boutique hotels after this wonderful visit.

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was a surprise birthday trip planned by my wife in mid December. I knew we were staying in London at a hotel, but that was as much info as she was prepared to divulge. Clearly it was going to be somewhere very special.. and indeed it was! Coming off a wet and windy street through a tiny door into total opulence; and having a glass of champagne almost immediately thrust into my hand just took my breath away as I processed the surroundings. The fire! The chandeliers! The comfy chairs! The ice cream on tap! This was my kind of place and my wife clearly knew it. We were shown to the Balmoral suite which was approximating the size of our ground floor with its 4 TVs, sofas, tables, huge bed; I could go on with the superlatives but it would be overkill if I did.

Suffice to say the Hotel 41 is the BEST hotel we have ever stayed in (and we've stayed in some good places!) Fantastic room, huge bed, gorgeous black and white decor in our room, enormous breakfast and a truly amazing team: Cara, Remus et al must be without equal in the hotel industry. They were astonishingly professional, competent, friendly and helpful (we even got a glass of champagne as an apology over a minor problem with the DVD player) and showed us genuine warmth, in particular to our little 20 month old daughter who even got to keep her little bathrobe at the end of our stay.

And I can't finish this review without mentioning the never ending amount of snacks such as scones with jam and cream, crisps, canapes, cakes and of course ice cream that were laid out at literally all hours of the day and night for us.

I'm sure it's a pricey place (I've been forbidden from looking at the prices!) but it is truly worth it to turn your special day into a truly special experience. Thank you guys again, it was a pleasure!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank PmitchCambridge_UK
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our second stay at hotel 41 and yet again we had an amazing time. We were welcomed back like old friends and made to feel very special. We were given a different room this time and it was beautiful, we asked for a quiet room with lovely views and that's exactly what we got. Nothing is ever too much trouble for them and your every need is catered for. All of the little touches are what makes this place extra special, such as the champagne on arrival, the 'plunder the pantry', the lovely dressing gowns and the luxurious Penalagans products....... I could go on but you really do just need to go along and experience it all for yourself, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paul D
Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of my favorites! Very comfortable and homey. Nice to sit in front of the fire and sip hot chocolate. Rooms are cozy, black and white prevail. Service excellent, small boutique hotel so they always remember your name and what you want before you do. Great breakfast and snacks in the clubroom. Excellent central location, not far from Piccadilly. Been there several times and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Smith3000
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I love this hotel. We came here for my husbands 30th birthday and everything about our stay here was perfect! The level of customer service provided by all the staff was so far above anything I have experienced at any other hotel. I can't wait for our next trip to the UK to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rebecca R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Fantastic stay, from the pillow menu to plunder the pantry. Stayed for a romantic weekend and therd could not have been a better place for it. All perfect. Clean, luxurious, helpful and exclusive. A truly wonderful getaway.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member