“(Cliche Alert) A Hidden Gem!”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Cambridge,UK
“(Cliche Alert) A Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was a surprise birthday trip planned by my wife in mid December. I knew we were staying in London at a hotel, but that was as much info as she was prepared to divulge. Clearly it was going to be somewhere very special.. and indeed it was! Coming off a wet and windy street through a tiny door into total opulence; and having a glass of champagne almost immediately thrust into my hand just took my breath away as I processed the surroundings. The fire! The chandeliers! The comfy chairs! The ice cream on tap! This was my kind of place and my wife clearly knew it. We were shown to the Balmoral suite which was approximating the size of our ground floor with its 4 TVs, sofas, tables, huge bed; I could go on with the superlatives but it would be overkill if I did.

Suffice to say the Hotel 41 is the BEST hotel we have ever stayed in (and we've stayed in some good places!) Fantastic room, huge bed, gorgeous black and white decor in our room, enormous breakfast and a truly amazing team: Cara, Remus et al must be without equal in the hotel industry. They were astonishingly professional, competent, friendly and helpful (we even got a glass of champagne as an apology over a minor problem with the DVD player) and showed us genuine warmth, in particular to our little 20 month old daughter who even got to keep her little bathrobe at the end of our stay.

And I can't finish this review without mentioning the never ending amount of snacks such as scones with jam and cream, crisps, canapes, cakes and of course ice cream that were laid out at literally all hours of the day and night for us.

I'm sure it's a pricey place (I've been forbidden from looking at the prices!) but it is truly worth it to turn your special day into a truly special experience. Thank you guys again, it was a pleasure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank PmitchCambridge_UK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our second stay at hotel 41 and yet again we had an amazing time. We were welcomed back like old friends and made to feel very special. We were given a different room this time and it was beautiful, we asked for a quiet room with lovely views and that's exactly what we got. Nothing is ever too much trouble for them and your every need is catered for. All of the little touches are what makes this place extra special, such as the champagne on arrival, the 'plunder the pantry', the lovely dressing gowns and the luxurious Penalagans products....... I could go on but you really do just need to go along and experience it all for yourself, you will not be disappointed.

4 Thank Paul D
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of my favorites! Very comfortable and homey. Nice to sit in front of the fire and sip hot chocolate. Rooms are cozy, black and white prevail. Service excellent, small boutique hotel so they always remember your name and what you want before you do. Great breakfast and snacks in the clubroom. Excellent central location, not far from Piccadilly. Been there several times and will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Smith3000
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I love this hotel. We came here for my husbands 30th birthday and everything about our stay here was perfect! The level of customer service provided by all the staff was so far above anything I have experienced at any other hotel. I can't wait for our next trip to the UK to stay at this hotel again!

4 Thank Rebecca R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Fantastic stay, from the pillow menu to plunder the pantry. Stayed for a romantic weekend and therd could not have been a better place for it. All perfect. Clean, luxurious, helpful and exclusive. A truly wonderful getaway.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel was hands down the best place we have ever stayed. The service was of the highest quality with no details forgotten. The small things made this place and I can only praise our stay here. We will definitely be returning! You will not be dissapointed in any sense!

3 Thank Glidster1
Reviewed December 31, 2013

To celebrate a special occasion, I wanted to select somewhere around Christmas time that would provide a special experience. After much researching and looking at names synonymous with London Luxury from The Ritz to Claridges etc., I settled on Hotel 41.
The communication from the outstanding manager, Mr Hendry, was excellent from the beginning of the booking process. It set a standard and tone of service that was evident in all staff that we had the pleasure of coming in to contact with. From the warm greeting after arriving early in the morning after a long haul flight, to the attention to detail in our room, I could not fault this establishment.

The guest lounge/dining area is an exceptional room, with old world decor that has a sophisticated and contemporary interpretation. A selection of snacks are on offer for guests and it would seem that no request was ever too big for the staff. The room had a level of character and individual style that is often missed in the larger scale hotels. The bed was heavenly and the amenities in the bathroom were Penhaligons.

It was a fantastic start to our European tour and can now vouch for why this hotel is at the top of the table for the over 1,000 other options in this incredible city. Thanks to all the team that made this stay so special.

7 Thank Ksebire