“London visit”

Ranked #1 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Indianapolis, Indiana
“London visit”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is and outstanding Hotel and terrific staff went out of their way to take care of my wife and I great location very nice rooms the library was great place to hang out and had access to a computer would highly recommended to everyone Phil g Indianapolis, Indiana

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I just completed a week's stay at the hotel. I chose it based on TripAdvisor reviews and its proximity to Victoria Station for access to the train to Glyndebourne. I could not have picked a better choice. Having read about the construction noise, I asked for a quiet room, which the staff provided. From the interior, I heard nothing and slept well in the comfortable room. All amenities were fine and on a par with excellent big city hotels. But most importantly, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, which makes 41 rather unusual for a big city hotel. I highly recommend it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the reviews on trip advisor and I'm glad I did. The location was good being two minutes walk from Victoria, the staff were very attentive and the room was very cosy. We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel and both very good, my boyfriend was adamant that the eggs benedict were the best he had ever had. In the evening they have "raid the larder" where you can get loads of different nibbles to have with your per dinner drinks free of charge, everything from crisps and nuts to mini cottage pies and ice cream.
The staff allowed us to open a bottle of our own wine to have with our fabulous afternoon tea as we had recently returned from Italy and bought a couple of bottles back with us which we thought was very good. We also had a lovely full body massage in our room.
The little things like providing umbrellas and bottled water in the reception area were also nice touches.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

What I Liked Most
Attentive service, the extra touches

What I Liked Least
The corridors are a maze and poorly signposted, power cuts

Stayed here for 3 bitterly cold February days. After navigating 5 flights of stairs because of the power cuts (there was construction outside), we were welcomed in the library with a drink of our choice (not the usual take-it-or-leave-it fruit punch). Of course we could not go to our room because there was no power. At least there were candles in the library. The library is tastefully African-themed, where you get (excellent) breakfast, and where we also enjoyed afternoon tea (included). The staff are friendly and welcoming without being intrusive. Point to note though: the desk is by the door and when you walk in, there are frequently a number of staff and it feels like you're running the gauntlet when you walk in. There should be a better place to put it. We were a bit taken aback by being told we could have got a cheaper rate by phoning the hotel rather than booking via the website.

The rooms are also nicely decorated and ours at least, was a decent size with a Nespresso machine. We came home the first night to find a bottle of champagne on ice for our wedding anniversary.

The corridors are rather difficult to navigate and the signage is hopeless. In a similar vein, not even the London cabbie is familiar with Hotel 41 so ask for Reuben's Hotel, to which it is annexed. These are minor quibbles, and it seems fair to assume the power cuts are rare. We chose the place because of its then number one position in TripAdvisor, and we were not disappointed.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 984DavidA
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone: All the reviews are true. This is a truly fabulous hotel, the most attentive staff, delightful rooms and the most comfortable beds and all within meters of Buckingham Palace, but lets keep it secret ?

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lyn-tony
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Unfortunately I only stayed here one night and how disappointed I was!! I wish I could have stayed a week at least!

I arrived at Victoria station and was unsure which way to go so I rang the hotel for advice. They told me to wait where I was and promptly collected me! How fantastic!

I immediately felt comfortable and welcome in the hotel, the check in was seamless, efficient and very warm. And the glass of champagne on arrival was most appreciated too!

The rooms are beautiful, luxurious in every sense of the word and extremely comfortable.

Now what makes this hotel stand out is the staff. They are exceptional and SO professional. You cannot possibly fault any of them! It is simply the best service I've ever encountered.

The icing on the cake - I rang the hotel two days after my departure to ask if they could help me sort out some arrangements for my family (who are not even staying at the hotel) and they were only too happy to help!!

An exquisite boutique hotel and I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank La Coron W
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We just returned from a week stay in London with our family. We traveled with our two boys ages 17 and 13, my wife's parents and my mother. We had 4 rooms for the family for the week. The rooms were all very comfortable and charming, and the Executive Lounge was a great place to meet. The service was extraordinary and the staff made everyone feel at home. The resident manager Lauren was exceptional, and we felt like Remis, Stafan, and Monika were part of our family.

We enjoyed the breakfast every morning, and it was great coming back for tea and cocktails later each day. The food service was outstanding and the restaurant at the adjoining hotel (the Bbar) was fabulous.

Although the hotel does not have a fitness center, they have full health club privileges at the LA Fitness just around the corner, which we used regularly.

We were celebrating birthdays, our anniversary, and our son's graduation, and we couldn't have picked a better hotel for the experience. Every small detail was attended to, and they even surprised us with a cake and flowers one night in our room.

We all agreed that this was one of the best run hotels that we have ever stayed at, and the owners and operators (the Tollman Family) should be very proud of this property and its staff.

We will definitely make a return trip to see our friends at Hotel 41 soon!

• Stayed June 2013